Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-22, 03:38 PM  
amoodygirl

Hey everyone!

Hope everyone is enjoying the day. Beautiful day here and we tried to take advantage of it.

Today’s Workout:
  • Treadlift Plyo Workout using Spin Bike for cardio – did regular squats and lunges instead of plyo squats. These 64+ year old knees don’t care for plyo!
  • 14 Day Oblique Challenge – side planks, plank to knee tuck, Russian twists
  • Lesley’s Yoga for Sciatica
  • Afternoon: 2.52 mile walk through the neighborhood.

Pat: I hear you – these unexpected expenses are awful! I’m so sorry.

Waves to Donna & Summer Breeze! Happy Hump Day!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-22, 08:01 AM  
donnamp

Hi!

I was not up to facing Jessica's 45 minute lower body workout today - so I substituted. I am sure I'll do this one eventually but I need to build up the courage and also try it after a good night of sleep - which is pretty rare for me these days - between working late and my elderly dog who needs to go out in the night --- ugh.

So, I did instead:

Lucy Wyndham Read - 7 Min Lower Body Workout - Legs & Glutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJz4pyszNUQ

Jessica Valent Pilates - 10 Min Leg Workout w/ Weights - the basics
Jessica Valent Pilates - Workout for Stronger Hips (floorwork/PT/Pilates)

Diane - did you see that Bad Yogi is adding strength training to her site? I'm somewhat curious, but it sounds like it is going to be $29/month - what is up with the price of all these sites - I feel like up to $15/month is reasonable, after that, it gets a bit prohibitive - especially if you like variety and are not going to just do workouts from that site exclusively.

Waves, everyone!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-22, 08:46 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

34 minute outdoor walk
100 kettlebell swings
planks & push-ups

Hoping for another walk today. On a WTH note, I was eating some crackers with peanut butter before and my tooth cracked!! It's always something. It's an upper molar and there's a capped tooth next to it. I don't know if it can be repaired or I need a crown. Anyone know? I'll be calling the dentist when I'm done here in either case. lol

DONNA, I always forget about LWR. She's quick and effective. Does she use weights in any of her workouts? I'll have to go check her out.

DIANE, good workouts as always. Oh I like the sound of an oblique challenge. Planks I can do. I'm pretty sure Delaware must get pretty humid in the summer the same as in NJ. It's only a few months though compared with Florida. lol

PAT, oh no on the oil tank!! Good workouts.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-22, 09:04 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Happy Thursday! Hoo-wee I drove to work in a veritable monsoon. Yesterday featured:

~ LWR Feel Amazing Challenge W3D3
~ Kassandra 15 Minute Sleep Yoga Yin (Evening Challenge)
~ Kassandra evening meditation while supported on my bolster
~ 6,055 steps

The oil tank guy came over quick. DH met with him while I was at work. He patched the tank with some kind of magnetic compound - how about that! Next week he'll call me for the gritty details, contract, etc. Fortunately they can siphon the oil I just bought ($800 for 150 gallons, holy ###) into a holding tank and replace it, but he said be prepared to lose some of it. Good news it that it will cost less than what I feared.

Summer Breeze, oh no about your tooth. I hope it won't be too expensive to fix.

Donna, I didn't know Jessica V. has weighted workouts - I need to check her channel more thoroughly.

Diane, we're the same age. You're rocking it!

Good morning to Pam if you visit!
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-22, 06:14 PM  
amoodygirl

Hi everyone!

Hope all had a great day. Tomorrow’s Friyay!!!!!

Today’s Workout:
  • Pushups
  • Body Electric Series 400, show 8 – biceps, delts, outer thighs, abs – good, old school BE!
  • Bad Yogi’s Hip Mobility practice+
  • Afternoon: 9.50 mile bike ride – would have kept riding but it started to POUR! It was humid so it did feel good!

Donna: Bad Yogi - I know!!!! I saw that email this morning. Although it’s intriguing, I feel like $29.99 a month is far too much. I would have considered it at $19.99. I’m very curious as well and *may* try it out for a month to see. Still, I don’t think at that price it will be sustainable. The funny thing is Erin said there will be a new practice once a month for the regular Bad Yogi subscribers - she always put out a new practice every Wednesday. I'm thinking this is trying to push people into moving on up. I don't think that would be a wise move. I paid almost $5 a gallon for gas yesterday so I would have thought that Erin would find that an indication that maybe this is a bit overpriced. Who knows? It’s a shame because I really like her programs and I like her unpretentious style.

Summer Breeze: I’m determined to work on my “menopot”! I like these 2 week challenges as add ons. Sorry about your tooth but I’m going to guess that they’re going to want to replace it with a crown. In my last dental visit, I have a tooth with an old filling that’s wearing away. I thought they’d say they’d replace the filling but of course I was wrong - they will replace it with a crown. I will be on Medicare in November and getting a Medicare Advantage plan with dental so I told the hygienist that the x-rays and the tooth will just have to wait until then (barring a tooth breaking emergency!). The humidity is what worries me in Delaware as well. Florida has always been a big NO for me, for many reasons. The humidity and the size of those palmetto bugs is enough! In the meantime, we’re still researching.

Pat: Awww, thanks Pat! I am trying my best to fend off old age!!!!! I want to be active and strong until the bitter end! Happy to hear about your oil tank and that it wasn’t as bad as you had feared. Everything price-wise is insane right now.

On that note, have a great evening everyone! Going to bed early to watch Absolutely Fabulous on DVD – I just love that show!

Diane
Old 06-10-22, 08:45 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning and TGIF! It's so beautiful here it feels like a gift from the universe. I have a fun thing this summer. Normally cardinals are very shy, but this year we have a male who comes to the door and literally sings for his supper. He comes right to the back door and flutters around on the steps, or perches on the hummingbird feeder going "chip! chip!" I throw out a few peanuts and he comes right down. Now he knows to sit on the hummingbird pole and sing so sweetly until one of us comes to the door. Sometimes the wife comes with him, and he feeds the first peanut to her. She's not as brave. I often find him sitting on the grill looking at the door.

Aside from Bird Land I accomplished:

~ Jessica Valant 10 Minute Pilates Back Workout
~ Lunch walk
~ GYM for 15/15 recumbent bike and treadmill
~ 6,610 steps

I forced myself to hit the gym just to get my mojo reset.

Diane, that BE show sounds well-rounded.

Donna - $30 a month is nuts, especially with the financial strain people are feeling today.

Summer Breeze, did you get a dental appointment? Good luck.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-22, 09:21 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

[B][I]Good morning!!

Yesterday:

43 minute outdoor walk

I did go to the dentist yesterday afternoon after emailing a picture of my broken tooth.
LOL. He did remove the broken piece and cleaned out some filling. He put a temporary crown on it but after x-raying the area he said I need a root canal because the nerve is almost exposed. After that, I get a permanent crown! Not really what I was looking forward to this summer but there you have it.

I am going to lunch with my sister and a music show with my friend tonight. My kids are taking me out tomorrow night. My DS is in a wedding today so we had to postpone my birthday festivities until tomorrow.

PAT, that's a cute story with the cardinal.
Today is a beautiful gift. Just a lovely day. ETA - glad the oil tank fix isn't quite as bad as you feared.

DIANE, great workouts. I'm thinking of looking up some core/waist workouts on youtube for quick add ons. I started Medicare this month but I didn't get the dental plan, of course! I'm on a budget but I'm sure it would have paid for itself by the time I'm done with all this mess.

Hi DONNA! And PAM if you're visiting

Have a wonderful day!
Old 06-10-22, 10:05 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Let's see..where did I leave off....

- yesterday I walked my Golden in the evening - it was really nice outside - perfect weather

- I added on a Yoga w/ Adriene for hips - it was a 20 min practice and one of her newer uploads. I used to do her yoga almost exclusively and moved away from it for some reason. I am still not sure why! LOL!

This morning I did the 28 Min Band workout from Jessica's new DVD set - it is the strength training DVD. The "schedule" called for her upper body workout - but I am generally not a fan of splits and since I missed the lower body split yesterday I figured I'd miss the upper body today! I did enjoy this band workout - it is a total body routine. Very well done - pretty much hits everything and feels good - just enough w/out over doing.

Summer Breeze - I just had to have a crown replaced - it wasn't too bad. Dental work is so expensive though.... Sounds like you have a lot of good activities to look forward to though!

Pat - last year we had a very friendly cardinal as well - he kept trying to fly into our sun room!

Diane - I'm curious about Bad Yogi - but not enough to spend $30 a month -maybe she'll offer a special of some sort - I mean I still may do it for a month but I can't see it being a long term thing! So, is she cutting the content on her "old" site down to just one new workout a month instead of one new workout a week? That stinks! Beth - Trifecta Pilates - charges $30 a month for her site, it is very good, but again the price. But she does at least 4 new workouts a month - maybe more.

Oh well - TGIF!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-22, 04:15 PM  
amoodygirl

Hi everyone,

Absolutely incredible weather today! After my workout, we went to the Berkshires to shop at Guido’s and then stop at a small Mexican restaurant for our almost weekly takeout. They are located in Nassau, NY, a very odd place for a place like this but they have a great business! They started out as a taco truck. I can get almost anything on their menu made vegan so I’m in heaven! Anyway….

Today’s workout:
  • Treadmill: Treadlift Rotation with incline – alternate running with walking on an incline
  • Bad Yogi’s “When the Weight of the World is on Your Shoulders” short practice
  • Afternoon: 10 minute ab workout (with bad music)
  • Body Electric – 2 Inner Thigh segments

Pat: OMG the cardinal!!!!!! I’m so jealous! They are incredibly gorgeous birds but we don’t see them too often here, I guess because they’re shy, which I didn’t know. They must know they are safe with your household. What a gift from nature!

Summer Breeze: I’m sorry about your tooth and the subsequent root canal. I’ve never had a root canal and that is my biggest fear. I’m like a deer in headlights at the dentist, after having a bad experience as a child. My first dental visit was in NYC, one subway stop from our home in Queens. My mom asked to go in with me but Dr. Fisher said I would be OK. So, in the chair, I asked him if this was going to hurt and he looked at me and said, “If you make a fuss, I’ll make sure it does!” Almost 60 years later, I’m still freaked out at the dentist.

Donna: Yes, it appears that she is cutting out the new weekly practice on the plain, old BYS site and putting all her energies into BYS+. I have to say I’m a bit turned off by all of this but still “may” try a month. At $30 a month, it had better be good! I used to do Adriene’s yoga all the time but I got tired of her constant talking. Hopefully she talks less now because her practices are so well-rounded!

Hi to Pam – hope everyone has a wonderful evening – see you all tomorrow!

Diane
Old 06-11-22, 10:27 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

2 LWR belly blasting workouts

All of her workouts have similar titles so I'm not sure which 2 I did but they were just what I needed to focus on my menopot/midsection. Not sure what I'll do today if anything. I was out late celebrating last night and today my kids are taking me to a surprise location this afternoon.

DIANE, the weather has been picture perfect I agree!! Great workout day for you. Sounds like a fun day in the Berkshires. Eww what a creepy dentist!! I'm sorry that happened to you.
When I was around 11 or 12 my family used to go to a pervy dentist who fondled the girls under the guise of adjusting the paper bib you wear. I didn't realize the full implications at the time but he did it to my sister too. So I started having my father go with me after that and the dentist would taunt me when my dad wasn't around. He'd say "oh you have to have your daddy take you to the dentist." What a total creep!!

DONNA, is that band workout on the total strength dvd or the split one? It sounds like a good workout. I've been thinking some band work might get me re-invigorated.

Waves to PAT & PAM!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga