Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-07-22, 11:17 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Waves to Summer breeze and everyone!

Oh Pat, that's too bad about the PT. There seem to be so few good ones. Are you going to continue?

Donna, I'm so sorry to hear you are still having side effects, how scary! This is the reason I haven't had another booster as yet. The last one left me with migraine-like headaches for almost 3 months. I didn't want to go through that again.

Well, today was a very long work day, almost 13 hours due to the last-minute changes we are making on our website. It should be more normal next week.

I found out today the Uro-Gyn can't see me until next May, she is that much in demand. I made my appt. and am very grateful I have so few symptoms.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-22, 07:30 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I think I'm back to the land of the living. Around mid-day yesterday I started to feel much better and, in fact, logged into work around 1:00 p.m. and made it through the day. This booster was as bad, if not worse, for me than Shot # 2 and Booster # 1. I'm glad it is over.....

I'm still going to take it easy for a few days. I know I wasn't really "sick" from the booster, but the side effects and my body's response to the booster was taxing. So...today I did:

Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Cardio w/ Weights for Seniors and Beginners. As is usually the case w/ Lauren this one was more challenging than I expected, but it was still good for what I was looking for today. it was also short, under 30 min.

I may add on some other activity today - a dog walk, maybe some Pilates/yoga. I'll play it by ear.

Beth - Fortunately, knock wood, I haven't had any long term effects from these shots, but the days after the shot are rough. It was like having the flu for about 40 hours. I know there are long term risks from having COVID and it is really hard to know what the right course of action is - particularly since these COVID vaccines don't guarantee that you will not get it or spread it - and they do have significant and unpleasant side effects.

Pat - I just hate when medical practitioners don't listen to you. It is so frustrating. At least you have some exercises to do. Ugh.

Summer Breeze - I know - in this case, I wonder if the "preventative" is worse than the disease.

Hope everyone has a good day - I have a ton of work to catch up on after being out.

Take care,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-22, 11:57 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

22 minute outdoor walk

I walked to the CVS up the street and back but there's a big hill to get there so I count it as a workout. LOL. Walking there was the only way I could get myself to walk yesterday it was so gray and misty. Today seems more pleasant so I plan to walk again.

DONNA, glad to hear you're feeling better and even working out. Those side effects are just horrendous. My DD had severe side effects from the first booster, she just about passed out in the bathroom with fever, chills,etc. I think she was dehydrated too and disoriented. So she swore off all covid boosters after that. I did better with the bivalent booster than the other boosters but we both still got covid. And her case was even milder than mine and she never got the bivalent booster so who really knows.

PAT, ugh how frustrating that the PT isn't hearing what you're saying. That sounds like such a painful situation. I hope you can find relief soon.

BETH, wow that's quite a long wait to see the urogyn. I hope your symptoms remain minimal. Good luck getting through your work project!

Waves to all.

Have a wonderful day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-22, 12:23 PM  
donnamp

Summer Breeze - I had a reaction like your DD's to a flu vaccine once. I think it was from dehydration. Now, whenever I get a vaccine, I make sure I have water on my nightstand. When I had the flu vaccine reaction, I got up to get a drink of water and passed out. ugh.

I'm on the fence about getting more of these. If another comes out *maybe* I'll get it next year, but I'm not getting another one in a couple of months, that is just too much to deal with. I'm willing to *maybe* suffer once a year but not more than that.

And yes, Beth, that is a long time to wait for an appointment. It seems like it is nearly impossible to get in anywhere these days.

Donna
Old 12-09-22, 09:40 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Nothing much to report, but I did get on the mat to do a few of the PT exercises. The PT suggested I investigate a standing desk for work, so I'm going to look into that shortly.

Donna, I didn't have a bad reaction but I'm thinking the same as you, should I keep getting boosters? Then I decided to let it go until next year. That's a good reminder to hydrate well. Keep feeling better.

Summer Breeze, call it a HIIT walk!

Beth, I called the doctor's office and requested a second script to take elsewhere. I was also rather grossed out that this office doesn't put clean sheets on the table between patients - in fact, no sheet at all and the tables are old and groady with shoe marks. Uck!

TGIF and waves to all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-22, 11:02 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

36 minute outdoor walk

I meant to add on something else but never got around to it. Hopefully another walk today while the weather is manageable.

DONNA, I hope you continue to feel better.

PAT, eww that PT office sounds gross. How surprisingly unhygienic. Good luck finding a more professional office.

Waves to BETH and all!

Have a wonderful day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-22, 12:34 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Saturday greetings, all! Yesterday I accomplished:

~ Added more PT exercises to the routine
~ Kassandra's Stretch After Work
~ 4,763 steps

The yoga was a good one for post-PT, loosening the hamstrings is part of my goals.

I have to fly by today - sending good wishes to all of you!
Old 12-10-22, 02:54 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I may finally be over these side effects! Even though I felt better by Wed afternoon on Thurs/Fri - i still had episodes of having chills and fatigue. Ugh.

I missed checking in yesterday -

Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Christmas Walking & Dance Workout - this was nice, first half was cardio second half was weights. It was short, under 30 min.

Jessica Valent - 10 Min Full Body Stretch

Dog walk....

Today, so far:

Up to the Beat - Mariah Merry Mix

Jessica Valent - Full Body Workout for Women Over 50, 5 min abs, & Gentle Hip Stretches

I may get out to walk today although it is one of those damp, dreary and cold days here...

Hope everyone has a good Saturday!

Donna
Old 12-11-22, 09:01 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

It is Kathy Smith's 71st b'day today, so in honor I did:

Kathy Smith - Peel Off the Pounds Pilates - this is about half Pilates-inspired cardio (low impact, core focused) and half Pilates-inspired toning. The toning is done in two sections - one for upper body/abs the second for lower body/abs. There is also a separate warm-up and cool down. The upper body section used light weights for the toning. The lower body was mainly Pilates floorwork. The DVD is programmable so you can mix and match the segments. Overall it was an enjoyable workout.

A few things that struck me though - this was filmed in 2007!! I can't believe it is that "old" as I was doing it I was thinking it was from maybe the 2012 era. So, when Kathy filmed this one she was 55/56.

I am out of shape b/c I found the cardio to be harder than it probably should be and also the upper body. I don't know if I'm still recovering from those booster side effects but if not, I really do need to add more cardio into my routines in the coming months and also get a little more serious w/ my weights.

It was really nice doing a DVD workout - it is nice that it was "complete" with warm-up, cool down, etc. That is one thing that is lacking in so many streaming workouts - there just isn't a sense of completeness or "polish" to many of them. I am guessing the instructors figure you can add on your own warm-ups/cool downs but many times I don't particularly if I'm rushing.

I think my first workout tape was a Jane Fonda, but I am pretty sure my second one was a Kathy Smith.

Maybe this will be a Kathy Smith theme week for me, LOL! She does have a huge variety.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 12-11-22, 09:03 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday! There's a real Christmas-y feeling in the air here, cold and crisp and cloudy. I'm having some Candy Cane tea from Adagio to add to an extra layer of Christmas. Yesterday I accomplished:

~ Full PT routine
~ A Kassandra 20 minute morning yin
~ 3,939 steps

Donna, wonderful news that you've made it through the side effects. Your SeniorShape Christmas workout sounds fun!

Did you get out for your walk, Summer Breeze?

Good morning Beth.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga