Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-05-22, 10:24 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

30 minute outdoor walk

I was really craving some movement and fresh air so a walk fit the bill. Even though I have some lingering stuffiness I think things are *hopefully* back to normal for the most part.

DONNA, nice job with the workouts and dog walks. Sometimes I wish I had a dog to push me to walk when I'm procrastinating.
Good luck at your dr appt today. I would love to find a new practice too. Pahla's new monthly week of workouts starts today so I'll probably do her weight workout at some point this week.

PAT, nice workouts, including (I think) the toilet paper workout. LOL.

Waves to BETH and all the rest!

Have a wonderful day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-22, 10:39 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! Crazy Moan Day here. Checking in with hitting the gym for my little rehab routine yesterday.

Glad to hear you survived Pahla, Donna! Maybe once in a while won't hurt. Sorry to hear your PCP is leaving - seems like the whole medical profession is leaving, some days.

Summer Breeze, good to hear you felt well enough for a walk.

Good morning to Beth and any visitors!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-22, 11:26 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Waves to everyone!

I've only been doing a few lunchtime walks. My dept. is in the middle of rebuilding our website, and it's been long work days for quite a while!

I'll try to get caught up tomorrow on what you all have been doing.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-22, 07:55 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night I added on a yoga session from Silver & Fit - it was with Julie. I feel I should know who she is....it seems like a lot of well known instructors "of a certain age" end up on Silver & Fit! I enjoyed it - it moved at a nice moderate pace - no fast as lightening sun salutations.

Today, so far, nothing. I did get the bivalent booster yesterday at my Dr's office. Last night was rough - chills, aches, fever, etc. I do feel better now, but just really tired. I should be able to prop myself up and work though - whereas shot # 2 and booster # 1 - that was not an option. So I guess this one was a little more mild for me. This time though I do have a headache, I didn't get a headache from any of the other shots and I had a little nausea but that has passed. I have a 4 hour long training this morning, I think I'll bring my laptop over to my comfy chair and sit there w/ a blanket on and then hopefully by afternoon I'll feel more productive!

Summer Breeze - glad you are feeling better. I sure hope that this booster helps protect me....fingers crossed.

Pat - my Dr. is going somewhere else, but she isn't allowed to say b/c of a non-compete clause. But I am planning on Googling her - her nurse said she isn't going far. So....I hope that I can find her and continue to see her. I really like her - she has a great personality/bedside manner - doesn't rush, answers questions, etc. Maybe this will be a good thing as I hated the actual office where she worked, I just stayed there for her.

Beth - walks are good!!!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-22, 10:39 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

30 minute outdoor walk

I wasn't sure if I would walk again yesterday but I did and it felt good. Today is kind of rainy so hopefully I find something indoors to do.

DONNA, just rest today as much as you can.
I didn't have much of a reaction to the bivalent booster even though the original booster was tough for me. I hope it protects you too. I did get covid 5 days after the bivalent booster so that may not have been enough time for it to be fully effective. And I guess I got a "mild" case.

Waves to PAT, BETH and anyone else visiting.

Have a wonderful day!!
Old 12-06-22, 10:01 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Waves to Pat and everyone!

Donna, I hope you feel better! Side effects are no fun. I’m sorry your doctor is leaving. It’s so hard to find a good primary care doctor that you can relate to, and hopefully, she won’t be too far.

Summer breeze, congratulations on your walk!

It hit 70 degrees today in Texas, and it was so nice outside. I went for a long walk and that was it!

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-22, 07:54 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Well, things went from bad to worse w/ my side effects yesterday. I managed to make it through my training - mainly by bringing my laptop to bed and lying down to listen. Fortunately, it is a subject I know well and I was taking it more for a refresher. After that was over, I took a sick day for the rest of the day and basically was either in bed or on the couch all day. I'm still not feeling 100% - very tired and still very achey. I think the fever is gone for the most part. But, wow, this was a doozy and I'm thinking it may have been worse than the 2nd shot or the 1st booster - or at least the same.

I am contemplating calling out sick again - but I feel bad, particularly with working from home, I can probably prop myself up and sit at my desk. I will maybe take a nap at lunch.

Anyway - if, after all this I get COVID I'm going to be mad.

If I feel better tonight I may do a gentle stretching workout to get the kinks out.

Donna
Old 12-07-22, 11:16 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

DONNA, I'm so sorry to hear about your side effects from the bivalent booster. They sound as bad if not worse than my covid case Boy I sure hope you don't get covid and if you do, the case is very mild.
Jeez. Take care of yourself.

BETH, oh 70 degrees sounds divine. We're in the 50s which is pretty mild for this time of year but it's gray and yucky.

Waves to PAT!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 12-07-22, 11:44 AM  
donnamp

Thanks Summer Breeze - after this doozy of an experience I am not sure I'm getting any more of these boosters! I do feel slightly better now- but I have had a lot of ups and downs w/ this particular dose - so I'm not sure for how long I'll feel ok. With the others, I felt sick - steadily sick - and then it resolved with this one, I have moments where I feel ok and then all of a sudden I'll crash again. I hope I'm through the worst of it.

take care!

Donna
Old 12-07-22, 05:34 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! I haven't been able to do much the last couple days. I finally saw the PT at the new place, and wasn't impressed. She kept remarking on how weak I am to not be able to lift and rotate my leg. I couldn't seem to get it across that before the injury I exercised almost daily. It's not a question of extreme weakness, it's the shooting pains when I attempt to raise that leg. Anyway, I got answers and an exercise sheet. Often when a torn muscle repairs, it heals up in a shortened state and with scar tissue. She believes my hip flexors are too contracted to begin with from sitting at a desk. At this point I have developed piriformis syndrome from limping. ROLL EYES! It feels like an ice pick in my butt.

Beth, good luck with the website rebuild. That's got to be intense.

Donna, your booster experience sounds awful. I hope you begin to feel better very soon.

Summer Breeze, it was a yucky day, huh? We had a monsoon up here, it was hard to drive in.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga