Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-22, 08:18 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I am all over the place, today I went with:

Be Healthy Enough (Amy Van Llew) - 30 Min Step HIIT - this was a very basic step workout - no combos - basically the step was used to increase the intensity of a basic move. I enjoyed it - got the job done. Amy's workouts are not super polished, but she is endearing. She caters to the over-50 crowd but her workouts are not really for beginners, if that makes sense. I would rate most of them as low intermediate to solid intermediate. She also tries to hit everything in her workout plan- strength, cardio, core, stretch, recovery and balance.

Yoga w/ Kassandra - Deep Stretch Yoga - this was a nice stretchy routine.

Summer Breeze - I hope you are feeling ok. I have a mild scratchy throat this morning. I'm hoping it is from dry indoor air. I was sick at the beginning of Nov with that cold that would not let go. I hope this is not something new. EEK!

Pat - Hope you have a smooth return to the office today.

Beth - Lauren is from Senior Shape (on You Tube). She does not look very Senior LOL! Her workouts have a very calming feel to them. I think she excels in her barre style workouts

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-22, 09:39 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

DONNA, my fever is gone (for now) but I'm feeling tired and very congested. Ugh. I did get the bivalent booster the week before the wedding but maybe it wasn't enough time to build up the antibodies? I'm annoyed at myself for going to the wedding too. I avoided those kinds of gatherings for over 2 1/2 years and I wish I still did. Oh well. I did start with a scratchy throat but I had body aches too. I just knew from the beginning that it was more than a cold. I suspected covid right away. If you weren't in a super spreader situation like I was () I think you may be ok.

I have a call in to the dr's office and I'm thinking they may suggest the paxlovid but I'm not sure I want to go that route. I don't have underlying conditions but I am the "dreaded 65" and I think they may recommend it. Double ugh.

PAT, glad your setback seems shortlived.

BETH, your situation may be different but my sister was having chronic UTI's due to a prolapse and a pelvic floor PT helped her tremendously. She hasn't had one in years.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-22, 06:19 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Waves to Pat and everyone!

Donna, I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well! I hope you feel better soon. For over 2 years I was careful to mask and avoid germs, then spent some quality time with my 6 yr. old nephew a few months ago and got one of the worst colds I think I've ever had. It wasn't Covid, but it was rough, a lot of similar symptoms to what you all have mentioned. I feel for those parents with young school children!

Summer breeze, thank you for the info. about the PT. I think that's where I need to focus first.

The weather was so nice I went for a walk today. Tomorrow morning I go back to my doctor for a pelvic ultrasound. I am really dreading it. There are so many unknowns right now, and that test kind of determines the treatment options.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-22, 08:58 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

Yesterday I did get a dog walk in and then I did do Ellen's Serene Strength after work.

Today, so far:

Jessica Valent - Double, Double - this was a longer workout - the first half is done w/out weights, second half - similar exercises - done w/ weights.

It is raining today so probably no walk....but maybe I'll do an indoor walking workout instead.

I don't feel any sicker, but my throat is scratchy - but I don't think it is serious since it isn't getting worse. Probably just the dry indoor air.

Summer Breeze - it is a good sign that your fever is gone. I wouldn't beat yourself up too much over going to the wedding, the thing is COVID is here to stay, and we have to try to manage and still enjoy our lives which may include gathering and celebrating. I am kind of over worrying about it. I'll more than likely get my booster sometime this month and just hope for the best. Hardly anyone masks around here any more and we were a pretty compliant state w/ masking.

Beth - good luck w/ your ultrasound. Hopefully there will be some treatment options that will not be invasive. I'm guessing depending on the issue they would start w/ PT or something like that first.

Waves, Pat - how are you feeling?

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 11-30-22, 09:39 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! Nothing formal for me yesterday, but on Monday I tried a 5 Minute HIIT Workout for Seniors from the Yes2Next channel. I noticed that I can walk in place a little, and this super gentle workout was doable.

I had a nice massage last night and my therapist was very helpful. She doesn't think it's a torn muscle, she believes the injury is in the ligaments and/or tendons. She did lymphatic drainage which was amazing and reduced swelling.

Beth, I keep going back to Margaret because of all the reasons you mentioned. Good workout!

Summer Breeze, I'm so sorry you got sick at the wedding. I can hear your frustration! How much longer do we have to weigh the pros and cons of attending a avoid gathering.

Donna, I hope your scratchy throat resolves soon.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-22, 06:10 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Summer breeze, I hope you are starting to feel better.

Pat, I keep going back to Margaret because she is so safe, and the muscles get such a good workout. She was very innovative for the time period she put out these workouts.

Donna, I will have to check out JV Double, Double, it sounds like a great workout!

Welllll I was diagnosed with a grade 3 urethrocele today. My obgyn said it's the first one she's seen in her 11 years of practice, so I'm assuming they aren't the most common among prolapse types! I now have a referral to a urogyn, and thank goodness she is local. In trying to think of positive things in general, the other organs looked fine on ultrasound. I asked about pelvic floor rehab, but my doctor wants it to be addressed by the urogyn first. I think I will end my day with a long bubble bath and watch a movie before bed. I am still very unclear on what sorts of exercises I can or can't do, but I don't think any of my workouts have caused this to happen or worsen.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-22, 08:12 AM  
donnamp

Hi!

I didn't get an outdoor walk in yesterday due to the icky weather, but I did do Ellen's Pilates Strong in the evening for some extra movement.

Today, so far:

Jessica Valent - Cardio Kickboxing Workout - this is the first time I tried one of Jessica's "cardio" workouts and it wasn't bad! It did give me a little bit of a cardio effect while working some body weight strength and balance.

Jessica Valent- Pilates for Posture - this was the workout she has scheduled for tomorrow, but it worked well as an add on today.

Beth - ugh! I did listen to Jessica V's talk about prolapse and she does give some general advice -one of them is seeing a uro-gyn so it sounds like your Dr is making the right referrals.

Pat and Summer Breeze - I hope you are both feeling better.

Donna
Old 12-01-22, 10:11 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning, Happy Thursday! Yesterday I managed:

~ Yes2Next 5 Minute Indoor Walking Workout
~ Bird 10 Minute Morning Stretches
~ 4,844 steps

I also made myself get up periodically from the transcript I'm typing to march in place a little and stretch.

Ouch, Beth, your condition sounds so painful. I sure hope you can get in with the referral doctor ASAP and that targeted PT will be sufficient.

Donna, Jessica V's cardio kickbox sounds like a good alternative from her. Kickboxing really uses those Pilates muscles.

I hope Summer Breeze is feeling better.

Make it a great day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-22, 11:05 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

I think I'm slowly but surely improving. Still very stuffed up and phlegmy. A little tired too but definitely feel more normal. DD caught it too now. So far she was still able to continue to teach by switching her in person classes to online. But today she's feeling a little more fatigued with a fever. This covid is no joke

PAT, your massage sounds divine. I hope you continue to feel better.

DONNA, you're right. We have to live with this now. Your workouts sound very nice.

BETH, I hope you get more insights from the urogyn. I hope you had a relaxing evening.

Waves to all.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-22, 09:09 AM  
donnamp

Hi!

Yesterday I did get a dog walk in at "lunch" and then I did Ellen's Focused Flow after work. This is one of her new ones - just 20 min. I guess I am doing her challenge after all! Her short workouts make good evening add ons. It kind of helps close the work day and is healthier than my pre-pandemic long driving commute. I hope we don't go back to the office ever....but I can see the possibility of a few days a week. UGH.

Anyway...

Today was:

Ellen - Barre Cardio
Jessica Valent - 20 Min Full Body Pilates for Travel. I was going to do her Gentle Pilates workout which is scheduled for tomorrow - but I didn't have time for 30 minutes. This one was 20 min so worked out better!

I listened to her December podcast and I really enjoyed it - she talks about how our bodies change and how they are supposed to change over our lives. I feel that, particularly, as women, we are "told" that we should strive to keep our youthful bodies - and as a result we are always chasing an unattainable goal. I don't know if men feel this kind of pressure - but I know it is ingrained in women that aging, or gaining weight, or simply just having a different body at age 40 or 50 or 60 is a bad thing. Anyway, it was an interesting perspective. Particularly since post pandemic my body has changed. I was underweight from stress going into the pandemic, but I have since gained at least 10 lbs and I am in no way overweight but the way my body has gained weight at 55 is different than they way it gained weight at 25. And, I'm kinda good with it - you know, I don't want to torture myself with diet or exercise to pursue an ideal that may not be realistic or attainable. Things just change with your body over time and change is inevitable. I really enjoyed hearing that message!

Anyway..I digress!

Summer Breeze - glad to hear you are feeling better! I hope your DD feels better soon, too.

Pat - I'm glad you are improving!

Waves, Beth! I found this You Tube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/@VibrantPelvicHealth
I was looking for a different one, I can't remember the name, but if I find it I'll post it.

Hope everyone has a good Friday!!

Donna

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga