Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-22, 11:44 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Good morning! I posted yesterday but don't see it.

summer breeze, I'm so glad the wedding turned out well!

Pat, Getting Better is one of my favorites!

Donna, I agree too. It's nice that you got to enjoy the day and not have to worry with the clean up. I'm still cleaning up, and someone left our Cornish hens in the oven overnight... sigh.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'm still tired from all that cooking! Lol

Today I plan to start the last video in the hab-it series. Overall, the videos haven't been progressively difficult for me. It's still too cold to walk.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-22, 08:49 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did walk my dog and added on one of Jessica Valent's stretches - Renew and Restore.

I was otherwise lazy yesterday, although we did get our decorating done.

Today, so far:

Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Cardio Barre - w/ the Calli (wrist) weights

Jessica Valent - Scoliosis Routine (17 min)

Pat - sounds like you had a nice holiday!

Summer Breeze - I have never had a Tofu Turkey! Glad the wedding was so nice!!

Beth - Oh my on the hens!!

waves, everyone - enjoy the day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-22, 10:38 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

[B]Good morning!!

Yesterday:

45 minute outdoor walk
squats, push-ups, plank

Finally a decent walk! It felt great. I always forget about adding some bodyweight exercises into my day. I used to do it all the time. I was hoping for a walk today but I'm feeling a little achey and congested, scratchy throat. I hope it's just a headcold! Maybe I'll lay low and rest today.

BETH, I'm glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving. I agree it's a lot of work and we had a small gathering.

DONNA, good for you getting your decorations done. I'm just not mentally ready yet. LOL. Nice workouts too.

Waves to PAT and all the rest!

Have a wonderful day!!
[/
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-22, 11:46 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Waves to PAT and everyone!

Summer breeze, congratulations on your walk, and your workout looks great! We are having light snow, and it's just overall very dreary. I may try a Leslie indoor walk today.

Donna, I'm so glad you mentioned Jessica Valent. Her videos are very helpful.

Yesterday I finished trying the last hab-it video in the series which featured fire walkers and modified planks. She called this the most advanced of the series, but I still found it fairly easy. There are some good takeaways from the series, daily pelvic lifts and learning how to zip up the PF when coughing and lifting heavy objects.

So onto the next, I'm going to try one of the P.Volve workouts today.

Beth
Old 11-27-22, 10:32 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

I took the test this morning and I have covid. I guess the wedding Wednesday was the culprit. I feel achey and congested, like a bad cold or a flu. I had a 101 fever last night. Hopefully this doesn't last too long.

Waves to all!!

Have a wonderful day!
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-22, 11:35 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone, just popping in to say hi! I had a big setback so haven't been doing much. I wonder if Getting Better had something to do with it? I only did what felt doable. It's really frustrating that I can't start PT until Dec. 7. I talked about it with DS over the holiday. He is friends with two PTs and both left the field. Like with other professions, we suddenly have a critical lack of physical therapists in the USA.

Summer Breeze, I'm so sorry to hear of your diagnosis. I hope you feel better soon.

Beth, good job on finishing your hab-it series.

I'm impressed that you got your decorating done, Donna. Suppose I should start on my Christmas cards.

Waves to all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-22, 11:52 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I did not get anything else in yesterday - I ended up doing a little shopping w/ DD and then going to the barn with her. And, today it is raining, so no outdoor walk.

Today, so far:

Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Walking HIIT workout for Seniors and Beginners

Jessica Valent - Side to Side workout

Both were nice....

Summer Breeze - ugh, I'm sorry you have COVID. That stinks. Did you ever get the bivalent booster? I have not - yet - I hope you don't feel too bad and recover quickly.

Pat - I'm sorry to hear about your setback. I agree, there is definitely a crisis in the medical community - shortages of primary care dr's, nurses, therapists there is even a shortage of vets, I heard. I think it is a high burnout profession.

Beth - glad you are finding Jessica Valent to be helpful.

Hope everyone has a good day -

Donna
Old 11-28-22, 08:01 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I was all set to do Ellen's 10 Day Challenge, but this morning, I completely changed my mind and did:

Burpee Girl - 37 Min Walk & Tone Dumbbell Workout - there were no burpees, lol! I am not sure why she calls her channel that as I have never seen her do a burpee- her workouts are of the music-only variety - no talking and they seem like solid intermediate workouts to me. This one had 4 rounds alternating 30 seconds of walking w/ 40 seconds of weight work. You can go at your own pace with everything.

Yoga w/ Kassandra - 10 Min Gentle Morning Yoga for Beginners

Back to work today, unfortunately.

Summer Breeze and Pat - I hope you are both feeling better.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 11-28-22, 11:56 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Enjoying my last day of extended Thanksgiving vacation, so not moaning too loudly. Yesterday I went to the gym for my little rehab routine of vibration red light, massage bed, recumbent bike and upper body. I was able to put the recumbent on level 2 with slow pedaling, so maybe the setback isn't as bad is it seemed.

I have to get started on my Christmas cards and tidying up the place. Waves to one and all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-22, 08:22 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Summer breeze, I'm so sorry about Covid! I hope you feel better soon.

Pat, I agree with you about the lack of physical therapists in the USA! I am searching for a female pelvic floor PT and it's been tough to find someone.

Donna, great workouts. Who is Lauren? Senior Shape sounds good.

Yesterday and today I did 2 P.Volve pelvic floor workouts. They use the ball quite a bit for these. I am on the fence a bit about their upper body workouts, but I probably need to do a few more before deciding if I like them.

I added on Callanetics Pretzels and leg lifts, then MR upper body segments from All My Best. As always I am surprisingly sore from a MR workout. I've noticed recently how her form is solid and she protects the abs and back.

Beth

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga