Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-03-21, 10:46 AM  
Vantreesta

Cathe Fit Tower workouts

I was gifted the original tower and want to make better use of it besides the seated pullups and PT stuff I've been using it for.

I have a couple questions:

1) For those who have the Fit Tower Advanced series, how well do you like them? I just watched clips and thought they looked good.

2) I thought she had put out a beginner series of DVDs for the Fit Tower but am not finding them. Am I imagining this or are the under a different title?

Thanks much!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-21, 12:14 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I was gifted the original tower and want to make better use of it besides the seated pullups and PT stuff I've been using it for.

I have a couple questions:

1) For those who have the Fit Tower Advanced series, how well do you like them? I just watched clips and thought they looked good.

2) I thought she had put out a beginner series of DVDs for the Fit Tower but am not finding them. Am I imagining this or are the under a different title?

Thanks much!
The beginner Fit Tower dvds are the only Cathe's I don't own. I believe you had to purchase them from the Fit Tower website which was separate from Cathe's regular website if I'm remembering correctly. I think that website no longer exists though

I have yet to try the Fit Tower Advanced dvds and my old Turbo Tower is still in two pieces in the basement. However, I do have one helpful thing (maybe) to let you know.

The old Turbo Tower apparently has more adjustment settings (holes) than the newer Fit Tower and the Fit Tower holes/settings are labeled by number*. So in the Fit Tower dvds, when Cathe tells you to move the bar to setting "4", it will correspond to a slightly different hole/setting on the old Turbo Tower. I was bored one day and actually got my trusty label out and labeled my Turbo Tower holes based on this prior post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by weener View Post
I have the original tower and someone who has both sent me a picture. There is no hole 1, the bar is at the very bottom, then the first hole is #2, then every other hole is a number. So with the tower we have, we have 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4 etc. Works good for me. I hope this helps.
So, my Turbo Tower holes/settings are labeled 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5 all the way to 10, and 10 is as high at the Fit Tower goes too. (Yet I still haven't used it other than for a few times when I attempted STS Meso 1. But I did get a great closeout deal on it--$79 including shipping!)

*If you look close up at the photos in this old QVC listing, you can see the numbers: https://www.qvc.com/Fit-Tower-Barre-...ct.F12837.html
adawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-21, 12:47 PM  
owltx

I *adore* the three Advanced fit tower workouts and wished she’d have come out with some more. Lots of good ideas on these to incorporate as moves in other workouts. The stretches are fantastic.

The beginner ones you mention - there was a series of three that came with the Fit Tower when I purchased it - I am pretty sure off of cathe’s website. Can’t remember their names but I’ve was labeled as beginner, one intermediate and one advanced. I’d say they were all beginner to intermediate. I really like them though - I use them as finishers for other workouts. They all use the bands/loops and are short. Again, the stretches on these are great. I don’t think she sells them but you might be able to get them through a trade.

I’ll mention too that Cathe has a bunch of fit tower workouts on cathe live. I usually buy a couple as downloads at her end of year sale - just as another idea for more workouts.
Old 07-03-21, 01:05 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I have the old Fit Tower (aka Turbo Tower) I bought to use with STS. (The only Cathe rotation I ever finished! Sort of. I skipped Meso 1 and did something else.) I did buy the Advanced DVDs. Err, I haven't tried them yet.

I never bought the beginner ones.

I really like her LIS: Turbo Barre (2011) workout that uses the tower.

http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...ew.php?id=4015

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-21, 03:26 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I have the advanced Fit Tower Total Body and Boot Camp workouts, and I really like them. I wish the music on these was more fun like some of her other workouts.

I will say I don't use them as often as other workouts. For lifting workouts I prefer some of Cathe's other selections to Fit Tower Total Body. For barre style plus cardio, I am more likely to pick up Dream Body workouts than Fit Tower Boot Camp, so these don't get a ton of use. I don't have the leg and core DVD because it seems too similar to her Turbo Barre, which I also have and really like.

I don't have her fit tower, although it looks really great! I modify with my Fluidity bar.
Old 07-03-21, 04:51 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I have Total Body. I don't own Fit Tower but managed to modify. I like the workout.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-21, 05:54 PM  
upperwside

I love my Fit tower and the workouts. The beginner ones it came with are way too easy. I have the advanced 3 set and I purchased all the Cathe lives that feature the tower.. I love them all!

I remember when I bought it my husband rolled his eyes and said that'll I pass it along soon. Well, he was so wrong as I use it more often than even I thought. My weights, step, Bellicon rebounder and kettlebells are my most used equipment that I'll never get rid of.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-21, 01:34 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks for all the replies! I have Turbo Barre but haven't done it yet. I will try to work it into the schedule soon. Thanks for explaining about the beginner series. I'll keep my eye open for used copies somewhere. I don't do streaming other than free stuff on YouTube so with the Lives, can you buy downloads of those without being a subscriber?

Thanks again!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 07-04-21, 05:01 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I don't do streaming other than free stuff on YouTube so with the Lives, can you buy downloads of those without being a subscriber?
Yes, I have bought individual Cathe live downloads and am not a subscriber.
adawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-21, 05:24 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
Yes, I have bought individual Cathe live downloads and am not a subscriber.
Thank you!

Tags
cathe fit tower, cathe live, fit tower, fit tower advanced, fit tower workouts, turbo barre, turbo tower