Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-21, 04:09 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Amazon Prime Rant

I cancelled prime when it was supposed to renew in January. Then DH said he wanted it to watch Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and other things on Prime Video.
Lately when I purchase things that are marked "Amazon Prime" it takes longer than 2 days to get it. Sometimes ALOT longer. I thought when you paid for Prime membership you get these things in 2 days. I am trying to buy local when possible which is one reason why I cancelled prime earlier this year. However if I am paying for Prime I want my stuff in 2 days as advertised.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-21, 05:15 PM  
IceQueen07

Call when it happens and complain. The couple of times I have done it they have given extra months of prime at the end of my subscription or issued small credits to be used for future purchases. It may not be a lot, but it is still something.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-21, 05:23 PM  
sherry7899

I will probably be calling tomorrow. An order that was supposed to arrive today was "delayed in transit.". It was being delivered by Amazon's van service! It left the warehouse it was coming from 45 minutes from my home at 6:30 am this morning. What the heck happened?

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-21, 07:31 PM  
schoolgirl-01

just keep track of every order that is late and call each month and read them the list. they will give you back the monthly prime free. i haven't paid for prime for about 18 months now. i live in a small town in south florida and once they switched to amazon making the deliveries instead of UPS i takes more than 10 days to reach me.
schoolgirl-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-21, 07:44 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolgirl-01 View Post
just keep track of every order that is late and call each month and read them the list. they will give you back the monthly prime free. i haven't paid for prime for about 18 months now. i live in a small town in south florida and once they switched to amazon making the deliveries instead of UPS i takes more than 10 days to reach me.
Wow! That's a long time!

Funny but I don't have Prime and my Amazon packages take 2 days to get to me 9 times out of 10. That's actually why I decided to pass on Prime, although I did do a trial and liked Prime Video. Guess it varies based on location or ???

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-21, 08:59 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

On the other hand, earlier this week I ordered Roku stick right around 4pm and I had it in my hands by 9:15 pm the same day. Five hours later! I was very impressed because I was skeptical that I'll get it that soon regardless of what they've promised upon ordering. Usually in my area, they meet their delivery time and day. My dh shops on Amazon a lot, so prime works for him. He likes the free delivery and doesn't care if it takes 2 or 4 days. I rarely shop but I also don't care if it takes a day longer for the same reason.
Old 06-28-21, 04:44 PM  
horsemom2

I have found Walmart to be cheaper with fast delivery.
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-21, 05:28 PM  
Hattie
VF Supporter

Quote:
I have found Walmart to be cheaper with fast delivery.
That's been my experience too.
Old 06-28-21, 05:31 PM  
wendug

My dh kind of wants to cancel Amazon Prime due to Bezos making soooo much money, paying little to no taxes, not paying workers enough, and for pushing smaller companies out of business. Did I miss anything on this list? Prime is convenient, but my dh has several valid points.
Old 06-28-21, 05:32 PM  
Erica H.

I like both Amazon and Walmart. I'm generally happy with both and have experienced great customer service (most of the time) when there is a problem.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon prime