Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-10-20, 07:12 PM  
CharM

Today I did Boxfit workout 2.
Kelly uses 8s and 12s. I used 8, 12, and 15.
30 seconds of work, and rest is 3,2,1... beep. You don't have much time to switch weights. I was starting to sweat about 15 minutes into it. I know it's timed, but I counted 18-19 reps for single arm work, and I think 9 for double.

exercises, not necessarily in order:
single back row, double row
single bent over lateral raise, double lateral raise, upright row
single triceps extension, double kickbacks
biceps hammers, supination curls, regular curls
pullovers, chest fly, alternating chest press
1.5 plie squats
slalom squat
front to back lunge
deadlift + squat
glute bridges

I don't remember the abs work. I didn't love it, so I must have blocked it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amery View Post
Today I did the box and sculpt premix from Boxfit. It alternated sections of the two workouts, which is my favorite! But mine skipped the bicep section. I'm wondering if that is a glitch on my disk or if thats just the way she made the premix?
If this is the "special premix", then no, it doesn't have biceps. There are a few KCM premixes on other dvds that don't have all the strength work when alternating with cardio, so I think that's how she made this one. The other premix "doubles (double shot?)" includes biceps.

The "Legs" premix has the leg work from workout 2, followed by some Workout 1 exercises:
heel clicks
punches
shallow reverse lunges
squats
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 07:25 PM  
Fitstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by amery View Post
I got mine yesterday. Today I did the box and sculpt premix from Boxfit. It alternated sections of the two workouts, which is my favorite! But mine skipped the bicep section. I'm wondering if that is a glitch on my disk or if thats just the way she made the premix?
Was this the 30 minute premix? I did the 55 minute premix which includes the boxing and weights, this included biceps. It was a bit choppy the way it transitioned segments but overall I enjoyed it- boxing was fun. I wish Kelly had made a more versatile dvd that allows you to add on for a 45 minute workout though.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 07:36 PM  
Gams

CharM - I had a little trouble with the sit ups, but it’s kind of nice to have a workout that incorporates them - I don’t think I do them in any of my other workouts.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 09:51 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I got mine today but haven't tried either one yet. It's wonderful that she's still doing DVDs with 30 minute workouts, plus premixes!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 09:59 PM  
amery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitstick View Post
Was this the 30 minute premix? I did the 55 minute premix which includes the boxing and weights, this included biceps. It was a bit choppy the way it transitioned segments but overall I enjoyed it- boxing was fun. I wish Kelly had made a more versatile dvd that allows you to add on for a 45 minute workout though.
It was the "special" workout premix...yes, 55 minutes. It showed the slide for biceps but then skipped it. Its just annoying to me because it has all the other body parts.
amery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 10:01 PM  
amery

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
Today I did Boxfit workout 2.
Kelly uses 8s and 12s. I used 8, 12, and 15.
30 seconds of work, and rest is 3,2,1... beep. You don't have much time to switch weights. I was starting to sweat about 15 minutes into it. I know it's timed, but I counted 18-19 reps for single arm work, and I think 9 for double.

exercises, not necessarily in order:
single back row, double row
single bent over lateral raise, double lateral raise, upright row
single triceps extension, double kickbacks
biceps hammers, supination curls, regular curls
pullovers, chest fly, alternating chest press
1.5 plie squats
front to back lunge
deadlift + squat
glute bridges

I don't remember the abs work. I didn't love it, so I must have blocked it out.

If this is the "special premix", then no, it doesn't have biceps. There are a few KCM premixes on other dvds that don't have all the strength work when alternating with cardio, so I think that's how she made this one. The other premix "doubles (double shot?)" includes biceps.

The "Legs" premix has the leg work from workout 2, followed by some Workout 1 exercises:
heel clicks
punches
shallow reverse lunges
squats
ugh, why leave out one body part? It included chest, back, shoulders, triceps, legs, abs. Why leave out biceps? Thanks for checking your copy.
amery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-20, 05:36 AM  
s2546

Just did pull premix from boxfit. I loved it. Great exercise selection. Really felt it.

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-20, 11:53 AM  
Mickey12

My workouts came yesterday!!!

Last night I did the second workout on Super Sculpt. I did the premix with step jumps. It was tabata format, upper body box drills with light weights alternating with lower body impact moves and moves using a firewalker loop. It was a lot of fun, moved quickly, and lots of variety although some of the jump moves on the step were repeated. I used a 6 inch step for the jumps though, not a high step like Kelly and crew. I got plenty of cardio work without having to increase the step height. I like this one a lot. It was around 33 minutes.

I love that Kelly is still making DVDs.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-20, 02:02 PM  
CharM

Today I tried Boxfit 1. Sometimes I have trouble with KCM's boxing because the punch sequences don't make sense to me, so it feels awkward and doesn't "flow", but I didn't feel like that with this one. There were some times I was confused, so I just kept punching until I figured it out again. Like some of her other workouts, you learn the moves and then put them all together, but I didn't want to scream at her ," Ok, get it! Just move on already!" like I did the last time I did TLC, so I guess that's a plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
CharM - I had a little trouble with the sit ups, but it’s kind of nice to have a workout that incorporates them - I don’t think I do them in any of my other workouts.
I have a few workouts with sit ups, but I don't know which ones so I guess it's been a while since I'd done them. During the Russian twist, I laughed when Kelly said that you can either go fast, or lift your legs up and go slower, then she looked at Samantha who kept her feet on the ground but was moving slowly. I was doing the same!
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-20, 07:49 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

CharM - I felt the punching routines in most of Boxfit were awkward and I had a difficult time keeping up. The footwork too felt kind of off to me. Hopefully after a few more tries it will flow better for me.

I previewed the weights workout and it looked good.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boxfit, kcm, kcm super sculpt