Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-03-18, 11:59 AM  
SueT

Those Pahla Bowers seated workouts look great! I’m going to try them for something different to give my knees a break.

Thanks for posting these!

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-18, 06:56 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Dede, so sorry about your injury!

Lots of good suggestions here, but do let yourself rest & heal...

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-18, 07:31 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

ilovemygreatdane and Dorothy - it's ironic you would suggest rest. I feel like all I've done for the last two days is sleep! I promise I won't do too much. I just don't want to not do anything for the next four to six weeks. I've already lost so much fitness since going through menopause. I guess I'm just paranoid about losing more.

Thanks again for all suggestions and well wishes.
Old 03-05-18, 12:33 PM  
Hazel Porter

I had major foot surgery January 10 and just got out of a boot today! (That's 8 weeks if you're counting.) Even though I was completely non-weight-bearing for the first four weeks, after the stitches came out I could do seated upper body weights, most floorwork (I couldn't bridge up because of the weight in my heels, and I had to do four-legged work on top of my step so my feet hung off because I had a pin in my second toe), and most ab work (planks from the knees). Depending on how heavy your boot is, it can make floorwork and abs significantly challenging!

Another kind VFer recommended I check YouTube for hurt foot videos by Caroline Jordan. Honestly, these were too challenging for me in the early days after surgery, but when I was able to do them, they were good to make me feel like I wasn't losing ALL my cardio fitness.

That all said, you should of course ask your doctor about any restrictions, since she has seen your injury first-hand and has the expertise to give you specific recommendations. I've found generally that if you stress to your doctor that you're an active person and want to do as much as possible consistent with your injury.

Hope you heal fast and well!
Old 03-05-18, 02:15 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Ouch. I hope you heal well and quickly. When I was recovering from foot surgery, I did a lot of Chair Dancing. Propped the surgered foot up out of the way. I never clicked with Getting Better.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-18, 02:43 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Dede, I hope you heal quickly!

Sherry and Vintage, thanks for the Pahla Bowers links. As I just posted in another thread, I've had not great luck with other no impact videos while dealing with plantar fasciitis, but hers look a little more intense. She reminds me of Carla Hall from The Chew

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chair workouts, foot injury, foot surgery, getting better, margaret richard, pahla bowers, seated w, seated workouts