Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-08, 05:00 PM  
KathAL79

Dahila, well, all of Kelly's workouts have much more for the upper body. I can't say off hand whether NYC might actually have more than The Shape of Things to Come (which has cardio intervals), but 30-Minutes to Fitness definitely has a lot for the upper body. I'd recommend that one to you. Then you can do the standing or floor abs as your active rest options to get that core work in.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-08, 06:47 PM  
AnMrsDe

I recently just acquired Kelly's workouts, and I love her NYC!! I haven't done TSOTTC yet, but it's scheduled for Friday! I really like Kelly as an instructor.

I've been doing her 30 Min. To Fitness now for a couple weeks. I usually do her 2 30 min. workouts back to back and use 10, 12, & 15 lb. weights, but I have yet to experience DOMS. (I realize you don't need to receive DOMS in order to get a great workout), but I just thought it was strange. Am I just a wimp and need to heavy up more? What poundage do you all use?
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-08, 09:29 PM  
juberann

Yeah,I am also wondering how much ab work Kelly does? Are there any "standing" ab segments in these workouts? (oh,I hope so,I love standing ab work).
Also,I read somewhere (not here) that Kelly doesn't do alot of stretching after her workouts,is that true?
At first I was very concerned about her lack of cue-ahead instruction but then realized that's exactly what I'm looking for.I mean,after doing a workout a few times,who wants to go through step breakdowns anymore? It's nice to just do the workout without alot of advance instruction but the first few times will be frustrating. Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-08, 09:39 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I just wanted to mention that Step Kickboxing 2 has a separate tutorial that really helped me when I did the actual workout.

And NYC is my favorite Kelly workout with 30 Minutes to Fitness close behind.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-08, 09:41 PM  
jlar

Another Kelly fan here!

SOTTC is a great workout. I enjoyed NYC and have been experiencing trader's remorse for quite some time now. I LOVE 30 Minutes so far and my back and lats are really getting a workout.

I like Kelly's workouts because she gets you in, works you hard and gets you out. There isn't alot of breakdown or TIFTing or "fluff" moves. I also like the fact that she doesn't do endless squats and deadlifts for the legs - it's more of a cardio workout.

I hope you enjoy her as much as alot of us do.

jlar
jlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-08, 10:37 PM  
Vee

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann
Oh,thanks,girls!! I am feeling great about my Kelly decision! ......
Vee, so we wait together!! You ordered the 30 Minutes to Fitness,I really want that one but am waiting until Mary at totalfitness gets it in stock. Please post your thoughts when you get it and do the workout,ok? ...... Judy
You betcha! I love posting impressions. You may well get your DVDs first Judy, since mine need to make it all the way to India.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-08, 10:43 PM  
juberann

YET another question from me Of the two I have ordered The Shape of Things to Come and NYC which one has the lower body floorwork? I LOVE old fashioned lower body floorwork but can't recall which one of those two have it Thanks!! Boy,I bet you guys will be happy when I get my DVDs and stop asking all these questions I'm just VERY excited about getting these,more so then any other workouts I have ordered in quite awhile Judy
Old 04-23-08, 11:06 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann
YET another question from me Of the two I have ordered The Shape of Things to Come and NYC which one has the lower body floorwork? I LOVE old fashioned lower body floorwork but can't recall which one of those two have it Judy
NYC has some wonderful floorwork - gets me every time!

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 03:38 AM  
juberann

Awesome,thanks for the information,Karen! I just burn out so quickly from endless squats and lunges so I really appreciate a workout with some good lower body floorwork
How about the stretching in Kelly's workouts? Are the cool downs long enough,in your opinion? Judy
Old 04-24-08, 08:36 AM  
ssgilby

Judy - The lower body floorwork from NYC is very short, IMO, pretty easy! LOL! I usually add 3# ankle weights and if I have time, I do it through twice. That seems to make it tougher.

Tags
kcm