Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-01-08, 06:43 PM  
pattyd0319

I loved workout #2 as I posted earlier. My arms and shoulders are sore from this mornings workout. I thought workout #1 was good too but I just want more chest and leg work...I feel the back work was good.

The leg exercises were two sets of front lunges, squats with variation of a single squat move into a curtsey on the second set, deadlifts with a twist on the second and maybe one other exercise. The exercises were intense enough but I would like to just add step ups and bridges.

Pushups and some pretty tough variations of them were done for chest work. I might want to add some bench presses.

There were some timesaver total body premixes. I would have loved to see an all upper body one. I feel positive overall and hope she does more of these.
pattyd0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-08, 09:57 AM  
ssgilby

Awesome!!!

I got to try my new KCM today!!! I loved it! I will post a breakdown later today or tonight.

I also posted the following in the GD thread questionning KCM's form (which, IMO, is sounding more and more like a Cathe thread every day, LOL!), but I thought I'd post it here too in case not everyone is following both threads:

Just wanted to pop in with an "average Joe" opinion here. I did the premixes using floor ab work for the active rests for both workouts this morning. I enjoyed them very much. I didn't feel one move was unsafe, and I did them exactly as KCM did. I think she explains things well, and she does offer modifications. For the record, I used 15s and 10s for the Chest/Back/Leg workout, and 15s, 10s, and 8s for the Biceps/Triceps/Shoulders workout.

I'm pretty confident of my form w/weight lifting. I'm no certified trainer or expert of any kind, but I think I know enough about lifting weights to know what is and isn't safe for me. I think as long as you don't have any pre-existing conditions and you are mindful, listening to your body, and controlling the weight (rather than letting it control you), you'll be fine with these moves. Do anything that seems like it might be risky for you using a low weight to start. If it tweaks or feels strange, stop.

I don't think there's anything here that is going to injure a person if they use their head.

All in all, I loved the workouts. Thorough, quick, and KCM keeps things moving so I never felt bored. I'm a big Kelly fan, and I think this is another winner of a workout from her!
Old 04-02-08, 10:23 AM  
antbuko

I did tri's, bi's & shoulders this morning with standing ab work intervals. Loved it! Very challenging and again, I was very comfortable will all the exercises. I had no problem executing any of them.
Old 04-02-08, 11:35 AM  
a_real_twit
VF Supporter

Sorry if this has already been addressed in the other thread, but can someone tell me if she does compound moves or aare all or most of the exercises single joint (if that's the right term)? These days, I am liking compound excerises less and less. Thanks!!
Old 04-02-08, 11:42 AM  
ssgilby

Tracey - In the two premixes I did, KCM did mostly isolated exercises, i.e., she did an exercise for the biceps, one for the triceps, one for the shoulders and then repeated. There were a couple of compound exercises. The one I remember was a hammer curl hesitation combined with a squat hesitation. I think there may have been a lunge/bicep curl combo as well, but mostly isolated exercises. HTH!
Old 04-02-08, 11:46 AM  
a_real_twit
VF Supporter

Thanks so much, Shelley, that's great to know!
Old 04-02-08, 12:39 PM  
cathgpo
VF Supporter

Hey! I just wanted to add my gushing. I got this last night and did the bi/tri/shoulder workout. I really liked the biceps move where you went halfway and moved your arms away from your body. I'm building back up my weights after a period of no exercise, so I used 6 lbs (she suggest 5 for beg. and 7 for int.) and I used a 10lb. for the heavier 1-arm exercises. All of the momentum-type moves (for workout #2, at least) are when you using the lighter weights. When they went to the heavier weight, it was slow and controlled bicep concentration curls, shoulder presses, and tricep kickbacks. I liked it. With the standing abs, was a nice mix of functional and traditional work. And I have to say KCM is one tough lady - in a great way! I really liked her, as well as the workout.

cathgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-08, 01:35 PM  
pattyd0319

I did both workouts yesterday morning and a day later I am happy to report DOMS in my lats, shoulders and biceps. I am very happy with it.
pattyd0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-08, 01:39 PM  
3ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_real_twit
Sorry if this has already been addressed in the other thread, but can someone tell me if she does compound moves or aare all or most of the exercises single joint (if that's the right term)? These days, I am liking compound excerises less and less. Thanks!!
There is a move where you half-squat and do biceps. That's all I can remember right now since first doing it on Monday.

HTH
3ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-08, 03:14 PM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

I just finished doing workout 1 on this DVD and I loved it. This is the first Kelly Coffey-Meyer video I've tried, and now I want more!!! I loved the sequence of exercises, pace, and music selection. The tempo of the workout kept my heart rate elevated, and I felt challenged even though I used lighter weights. There’s definitely room to grow with this one. The standing ab work is tough, but so much fun. Actually, I was engaged throughout the workout and completely impressed by Kelly. Now I know why so many people like her. Count me as a member of her fan club.
Crescent Moon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kcm, kelly coffey-meyer