Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-08, 07:16 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

And did anyone else notice the cute coffeepot stamps Kelly used??
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-08, 08:08 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan
30 Minutes to Fitness! Wow, I don't think I've ever gotten something first on VF!

I will do this tomorrow.
Fill us in, Rose!
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-08, 10:04 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I'm doing one of these tomorrow, too. The premixes look awesome, and there are 3 total body mixes that are between 31 and 41 minutes... my kind of workouts!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-08, 07:26 AM  
bearcatfan

I did the first workout on 30 Minutes - Back/Legs/Chest. I did just the weights portion, but there are premixes that offer intervals of active rest (step touches on the floor, etc) and core work.

I used 12 lb. dumbbells throughout because I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into . Kelly says advanced should use 15 and 10. Sometimes she adds a twist to the moves but the modifier in the back usually does things straight up, and Kelly always mentions to do what's comfortable for YOU.

This is a short workout that packs a punch if you heavy up - next time I plan to use 15s in this one. She does circuits of back/legs/chest - whatever rest period you want - and then repeats. Then she moves onto another circuit for those body parts. Chest work is pushup variations.

I know there was some criticism of not having legs on its own. All I can say is if KCM ever puts out a 30 minute leg workout it will surely kill me. There were some nice moves with one legged squats that I definitely felt. Once I strung together the leg work from two different KCM sculpting tapes and it was awesome. Maybe she'll do a killer standalone leg workout someday.
Old 04-01-08, 08:09 AM  
ivorygorgon

How many reps would you say she is doing per exercise? Just curious to see if she "reps you to death." I am always on the lookout for workouts DH and I can do together and this looks like a possibility if there isn't a ton of reps.
ivorygorgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-08, 09:06 AM  
Buffgirl

Kelly Rocks....

I did Chest/bacl/legs with the standing abs active rest. I used 15 pounds dumbells and I got a good workout. I added the cardio segment of step boxing which is about 30 minutes of good solid cardio and I am covered with sweat. I feel that I got a great workout in 60 minutes. Awesome!
Buffgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-08, 09:26 AM  
pattyd0319

I did both workout 1 Back, chest & Legs and 2 Biceps, Shoulders & Triceps today. I enjoyed both but workout #2 is my favorite. My biceps, triceps and shoulders are fried. She does about 8 to 12 reps per set as she expects you to heavy up. If you don't heavy it up, this workout might be too easy.

The second workout has 3 circuits that are done twice. The active rests are done after the second set of each circuit. Circuit1- was hammer curls, standing tricep extension (I really liked her form for the triceps- much more functional), and alternating front and side delt raise.
Circuit2-a modified curl (lift halfway then out to the side), single arm french press alternating to the back and front and rear delt flies (I thought her form was fine, she uses an power style of lifting so I was able to use 10 pounds for this move).
Circuit3-single arm curl, single arm tricep extension and shoulder raise. You can go really heavy for this circuit. I used 10s and then switched to 15 on the second set.

I liked the first workout too but I am coming off a rotation using Cathe's Pyramids and Gym Style Legs so this felt a bit easy for the lower body but I was probably overtraining anyway and wanted to take it down a notch. I'll add more thoughts on workout 1 but have to run to a meeting. More later.
pattyd0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-08, 09:33 AM  
ssgilby

Thanks for the reports, guys! Unfortunately there was no KCM vid for me in this morning's mail. I could've worked it in tomorrow, but now I guess I'll have to wait until Friday. I'll live vicariously through you all until then. Keep the reports coming, please!!!
Old 04-01-08, 11:46 AM  
Jenmgo

HOw do you choose which active rest to do?? I know there is standing core, abs and some cardio. Are they all good? This is going to make it hard to pick.
Is the cardio good cardio is it just light moving around in between steps? Thanks! I got this today and might try to squeeze it in later on if i can.
Jenmgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-08, 12:37 PM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmgo
HOw do you choose which active rest to do?? I know there is standing core, abs and some cardio. Are they all good? This is going to make it hard to pick.
Is the cardio good cardio is it just light moving around in between steps? Thanks! I got this today and might try to squeeze it in later on if i can.
You choose from the premix menu. I did chest/legs/back w/cardio this morning. The cardio would be fine but it's very short. It's strictly for recovery. It's not bad, just too short to really enjoy it, unless maybe you do both workouts together with cardio recovery intervals. Haven't tried that yet. I'll try ab recovery intervals next time but I am thinking that ultimately I will likely skip the recovery intervals, at least for chest/legs/back and just do abs at the end. Or maybe do one full body workout w/cardio throughout, abs at the end, and then split them for the rest of the week. So many options!

Tags
kcm, kelly coffey-meyer