Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-15-08, 06:07 PM  
KathAL79

Like Helen, I found I liked CSF more the second time around. But, like Diane, The Shape of Things to Come is still my favorite KCM workout.

Penl, how cool that you can take classes with Kelly live! The Boot Camp should be one of her upcoming videos, so you'll be peppered with questions as we try to find out more.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-08, 07:22 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Love it love it love it!

I don't care so much for Shape of Things to Come. I actually find it difficult to think up a way to take the impact out of it. Cardio Sculpt Fitness is enjoyable to me.
It has approachable cardio (with a modifier who is still working out hard) and different weight training exercises that are taken from the gym. You'll need to try the exercises out first - and listen to the cues. I don't know that her shoulder work is any more iffy than Amy's, really. If the dumbbell raises to the rear are too much, lighten your weight and slow down - or sub something else. I enjoy the workout as is or as the cardio + leg option (although I just use the skip button on the remote rather than the premix because sometimes I need a bit longer for a breather!)

I also enjoy NYC - that's a great workout. I also like it as is and as Legs/Abs mix (using remote to skip upper body for the same reason - catch my breath!).

Once you get used to Kelly's cuing (it is good but minimal because she is used to teaching this in a class), it is very enjoyable.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-08, 02:35 PM  
brendazzzz

I can relate to Helen and Kath as well. The first time I did this I was really on the fence. I tried it again this morning and found that I enjoyed it more. I'm curious to see if I fall in love with it on the third try. I loved the Step Boxing on the first try though and I'm not even a kickboxing fan!
brendazzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-08, 10:31 PM  
videofit

Is The Shape of Things to Come the same DVD as Complete Cardio Sculpting? I looked at the clip and the moves look the same.
Old 01-17-08, 06:42 AM  
penl

Yes. They renamed it but I am not sure why.
penl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-08, 09:03 AM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Thumbs up Love me some Kelly C-M torture fests!

I love all Kelly's strength workouts, esp. NYC, but they're all great!

What I esp. love about her newest Cardio Sculpt is the music...it's really good this time. Her cardio segments are nice. She builds each one and then you do it all the way through. She tends to work each side for each set rather than do the choreo all the way through on one side, like Cathe does. Then she does some strength, then a cardio drill. Very simple, but intense and for one insane minute! Her ab work is always thorough and a killer. And she's got me loving Whiskey Train!

You do need to get used to Kelly's odd cueing, but once you do (and she paces differently than anyone else I think, except Michelle Dozois...both love three reps per set versus the usual four), she's not that hard to follow. She keeps her choreo pretty basic really. I can follow it!!!
Old 01-17-08, 01:59 PM  
carolyn jane

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the music in Cardio Sculpt! It just makes me smile while I'm grunting through the workout. The workout itself grew on me after a couple of tries. I'm still not wild about the arm work - pretty repetitive - but the cardio sections and leg sections are great.
carolyn jane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kcm, kcm cardio sculpt fitness