Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-08, 11:38 AM  
kenda

Thoughts on Kelly Coffey-Meyers Cardio/Sculpt Fitness?

I tried doing a search on this but didn't find a whole lot. Wondering what people think of Kelly's Cardio-Sculpt Fitness (the one that just came out recently)? Do you like it? What are the premixes like? Any information for inquiring minds?!
kenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-08, 11:40 AM  
bearcatfan

I am newly in love with KCM!!!

I have just done the cardio-only premix on the one you mentioned, but I really liked it. Tough athletic step that wasn't boring. I haven't done the weights, but if they are like her others they are endurance-based. She might have upper/lower premixes; I haven't gotten that far into the dvd.
Old 01-15-08, 11:45 AM  
KathAL79

Kenda, I posted a lot of my thoughts about this workout on this thread. Some posts to focus on: 17, 22, 27, 35, 44, 46, 60-64.
This thread also has a bunch of reviews and thoughts.
HTH

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-08, 12:53 PM  
dianestjohn

I really like Kelly's other circuit workouts, but this one did not ring my chimes. I thought the cardio was not well-cued, and her voice seemed soft sometimes, so that I could not really hear the cues. Also, for the weight work, my shoulders felt very uncomfortable - there's a lot of holding the dumbbells so that the heads of the dumbbells face to your left and right, and then lifting straight backwards with the hands either facing front or back. I have strong shoulders and am not prone to injury but those moves just made my shoulders feel a little queasy. I was disappointed in this workout.
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-08, 01:04 PM  
kenda

Thanks for the links, its all the info I need and more! Sounds like a winner!
kenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-08, 01:37 PM  
antbuko

I love all three of Kelly's circuits. This one I was disappointed in the first time through. The second time I liked it a little bit better and third time I loved it. For me the only downside was it ran over an hour. I prefer to workout 50 minutes or less.
Old 01-15-08, 02:18 PM  
penl

I just did this one yesterday. I absolutely LOVE it. Though I must say that I use it more for cardio and go fairly light on the weight. I also have to add that I have recently joined her gym and taken some classes with her and they are AWSOME. My favorite was her Bootcamp class. When I left I looked like I fell in a pool! She is really a very nice person, very friendly and so full of energy. I like at the end of the DVD shen she starts singing a bit with the music - she does that all the time in class and it seems like she "caught" herself doing it on the DVD. Anyway, hope you enjoy it!
penl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-08, 02:28 PM  
cjo42a

Where is her gym? I keep on thinking maybe I could stop in next time I am up there.
Old 01-15-08, 02:31 PM  
penl

It is Active Fitness in Medford, NJ. I guess it is about 30-40 minutes from Philly. If you go to her website coffeyfit.com and click on links there is a link for the gym there. HTH.
penl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-08, 03:01 PM  
mtnmom

Overall, I think I like The Shape of Things to Come better. TSoTTC gets everything in in under an hour, and that's a big plus to me.

I really like the kickboxy cardio sections of the newer Cardio/Sculpt Fitness. The weight work is a bit different and as mentioned before, some of the angles felt awkward. I've come to substitute more traditional moves. I'm glad to have both workouts. It took me several tries to get the weight selection in TSoTTC just right for me. I think once I find the right weights for CSF, I'll like it better.

Tags
kcm, kcm cardio sculpt fitness