Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-22-07, 04:50 PM  
berry99

Your Favorite Circuit Workouts

I am rediscovering circuit workouts and am loving adding in one per week. I just did High Step Challenge today and really liked it. I thought it was thorough and the cardio was nice. I really liked that the cardio wasn't overly choreographed or anything.

So, what are you favorite circuit workouts? I am looking to add some more to my collection and would love to know what everyone's favorites are. Also, if you could tell me a little about the cardio segments in them, that would be great. I don't want anything too choreographed (like Cardio and Weights, etc...).
Old 11-22-07, 05:18 PM  
KathAL79

Kelly Coffey-Meyer creates circuits I actually like, and I don't like many cardio-weight circuit videos.
The Shape of Things to Come has very simply athletic-type steps done mostly on the floor, although a few use the step, too.
Cardio / Sculpt uses step combos in between the weights. The combos are fairly short and of a low moderate complexity. Here's one thread on this one.

Michelle Dozios' Your Body Breakthru: Your Best Body Circuit is also good. The cardio is a combination of more athletic moves, a few kickboxing, and a few dance-flavored. Here's one recent thread on this one.

Cathe's Low Impact Circuit isn't bad either. These step combos are perhaps the most complicated of the videos I've mentioned, but they're Cathe's style of step cardio that's mostly low impact (a few skips, small hops, and turns). The music strikes some of us as, well, not the best selection ever. But I see from this thread that you already have this one.

All of these have clips at Collage, so you can preview the cardio for yourself.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-07, 06:26 PM  
a_real_twit
VF Supporter

Jari Love's Ripped 1000. Although I am not sure people wpi;d classify this as a "circuit" becuase the cardio segments are short intensity-blast type segments. The 60 to 90 second cardio intervals are not choreographed but they do use the step. They're athletic moves - for example one minute of jumping jacks on and off of the step.
Old 11-22-07, 06:41 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Michelle Dozois' Pick Your Level Fat to Firm Fast is a great circuit workout. It's about 50 minutes, the aerobics are on the floor and very easy to follow. I like her selection of toning too.

A Team Bootcamp with Amy Bento is a good one - it mostly uses the step for the very basic aerobics.

Mindy Mylrea's Body Bar Energy Action Circuit is excellent but only available on VHS. It has floor aerobics mixed with the toning.

Project You's Full Body Circuit is very good and Andre Houle is a background exerciser (bonus, bonus!).

Reekbok's Circuit Challenge with Gin is a favorite and has basic step aerobics.

Tom Holland's Total Body Workout (his first) is a good one with floor aerobics and you decide what you want to do.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-07, 08:02 PM  
timwatt

My favorite circuit workout is Cathe's Boot Camp. It has eight fitness cycles (cardio, upper, lower, and abdominal work per cycle). The cardio is all floor aerobics and has exercises like jumping jacks, sumo squats, terminator squat thrusts, and kickboxing moves.

Cathe's boot camp is very challenging. If you're not an advanced exerciser, I recommend that you modify some of the high-impact aerobics.
timwatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-07, 08:27 PM  
mbcatac7

Right now I am in love with Michelle D's Body Breakthru Circuit.
Billie
Old 11-22-07, 08:52 PM  
gtmrfc

Cathe's Circuit Max is a toughie. I don't think it's over choreographed -- it's much less so than Cardio and Weights. It uses kickboxing, high/low, and stepping as cardio. It's pretty intense, I think.
gtmrfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-07, 09:41 PM  
caligurl

cathe's boot camp and low impact circuit
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-07, 10:25 PM  
Jenmgo

I have to agree with everyone
I really like Cathe's Low Impact Circuit. Circuit Max is also good, altho i find it a bit easier. Drill Max is also another good one.

I also really like Kelly Coffey's latest one - Cardio/Sculpt. Its fun, effective and i liked the music on this one.

I didnt add anything new titlewise i dont think, but i just wanted to second the above mentioned workouts.
Jenmgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-07, 09:10 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I like Cathe's Step Blast/Step, Jump & Pump dvd. Besides SJ&P, there's also a Step Circuit premix on it. Another great circuit workout, is the Full Body Circuit from Kathy Smith's Project You set.

Tags
circuit, kcm