Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-07, 09:45 AM  
antbuko

With regard to Kelly's post which Jenmgo quoted, I personally like Kelly's innovative style and I am not in the market for another Cathe, Jari, etc. I think Kelly's workouts deliver what she says they will at the beginning of each of her workouts. That said, my initial reaction to Cardio Sculpt was not good, BUT, I believe, for me anyway, that there is a learning curve. Hopefully, I'll enjoy it much more next time I do it.

Oh, and even though I didn't feel like I got the hang of some of the exercises, the sweat was pouring off of me too. I'll have to take a look at the premixes. I found that with NYC, the premixes were actually harder because you didn't get a break between sets.
Old 10-26-07, 10:10 AM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko
With regard to Kelly's post which Jenmgo quoted, I personally like Kelly's innovative style and I am not in the market for another Cathe, Jari, etc. I think Kelly's workouts deliver what she says they will at the beginning of each of her workouts. That said, my initial reaction to Cardio Sculpt was not good, BUT, I believe, for me anyway, that there is a learning curve. Hopefully, I'll enjoy it much more next time I do it.

Oh, and even though I didn't feel like I got the hang of some of the exercises, the sweat was pouring off of me too. I'll have to take a look at the premixes. I found that with NYC, the premixes were actually harder because you didn't get a break between sets.
Yea, I like instructors who stay true to what they do best instead of changing their style too much to try and please everyone. When I reach for KCM I'm expecting exactly what I get from her. I like innovative moves, even if there is a learning curve. So many times people are complaining about the same old, same old. Then, when we get something that is somewhat different and innovative we get the complaints about the move isn't safe or I wish instructors wouldn't do innovative moves just to be different. I like the diversity and variety and that different instructors excel at different types of workouts and most of us here can figure out what works for us or what doesn't and modifty accordingly. It doesn't mean that instructor is being unsafe because I feel isn't unsafe or that it's unsafe for everyone else or that that instructor needs to change. I personally, would probably NOT by a strength workout from KCM unless she figured out a way to make it totally fresh and different from what I already have.

I sure hope my KCM's arrive today!
Old 10-27-07, 10:46 AM  
Lady D

Kelly's style is really growing on me. I have Step Boxing, just did Cardio/Sculpt and still have the new Step Kickboxing workout to do. I like her choreography, her music and her attitude. Her cueing could be cleaned up from time to time. She goes so fast on the step so if I don't get the cue, I'm completely lost for a few seconds.
Old 10-27-07, 12:36 PM  
Buffgirl

I Love Cardio Sculpt!

I did this workout the second time this morning, and I really love it! I am currently doing Cathe 4 day split, I added Step kickboxing and Cardio sculpt to complete my 6 days of training. I love both of Kelly's new workouts.

Is not for the heavy lifter is a very different way of training I see it as another way of training your muscles to complete a rotation.
Buffgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-07, 02:38 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi
Yea, I like instructors who stay true to what they do best instead of changing their style too much to try and please everyone. When I reach for KCM I'm expecting exactly what I get from her. I like innovative moves, even if there is a learning curve. So many times people are complaining about the same old, same old. Then, when we get something that is somewhat different and innovative we get the complaints about the move isn't safe or I wish instructors wouldn't do innovative moves just to be different. I like the diversity and variety and that different instructors excel at different types of workouts and most of us here can figure out what works for us or what doesn't and modifty accordingly. It doesn't mean that instructor is being unsafe because I feel isn't unsafe or that it's unsafe for everyone else or that that instructor needs to change. I personally, would probably NOT by a strength workout from KCM unless she figured out a way to make it totally fresh and different from what I already have.

I sure hope my KCM's arrive today!
I, too, like it that Kelly is so upfront with what she's selling and what to expect from her. That said, I read on her site that she has done some pretty heavy lifting in the past (not surprising...look at her!). I kind of think if she did put out a heavier lifting workout, it wouldn't look like Cathe or Jari or anyone else. It would still "look like Kelly". I'd love for her to put out such a workout as it would complement her other workouts. I really believe she has a lot to offer, both in her style and expertise. I find it no problem to grab one of her workouts, esp. when I'm feeling energetic!!!
Old 10-27-07, 07:00 PM  
gtmrfc

I also did Cathe's 4DS and felt I needed something to round out the week. I chose this one because I really enjoy Kelly. This workout is excellent. One thing that I really love about her workouts is that she just throws you right in there without too much instruction dragging the workout down. She's not too too dancy (and this one contains almost all athletic moves) and so this is possible.

I also enjoyed a lot of the sculpting moves in this workout particularly the bis, tris, and leg work. I'm not too comfortable with the shoulder and back work yet, but I'm sure that I eventually will be. I have all of Kelly's workouts, and I think that this may be my favorite of her circuits.
gtmrfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 08:54 AM  
Rosebud

Love it! I just did the cardio mix with lower body and loved it! I felt it the next day that is for sure. Haven't done step in a very long time - but I love how this is mixed with kickboxing routines.... Cannot wait to do it again. I think next week I will be trying the full version of it. I have the Cardio Kickboxing one too, but I haven't tried that one yet. I love the sculpting parts mixed in with the step.

Goals for 2011: Get back to running, eat cleaner (no fried foods),
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 04:17 PM  
gigi

Oh, I hope mine arrive on Monday so I can at least preview. I started with Cathe's 4 Day Slit again yesterday so I've schedule the new KCM's for Wednesday and Thursday. I ordered from Advanced Fitness last Monday and got a shipping notice the same day so they should be arriving very soon...yippeee!
Old 10-28-07, 05:15 PM  
mtnmom

Just chiming in that I thought this was a great workout as well. Kelly knows how to keep the energy up and keep me motivated. I like the cardio sections as well as the drills - especially the one that integrates a bit of kickboxing.

The only thing shortchanged IMHO, is the chest work. It wasn't a big deal when I did the entire workout, as I was pretty spent by the end of it anyway. However, I did the all-sculpt premix this morning and felt the need to add a couple of sets of presses and flies to round things out.
Old 10-28-07, 05:18 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

I did it this morning on a 6" step and followed Lauren and had a sweaty good time! I used 2, 3 and 4 lb weights to give myself time to make sure I'm doing the exercises correctly (esp. shoulders & back) but it didn't hurt the workout in the least. I will say I agree chest was shortchanged, but I work chest so much w/ Cathe that it didn't bother me in the least. If you add a bit of a squeeze on the shoulder lift that has the hands together, you'll get a bit of chest in there. Wouldn't be much to throw in a round of flyes or presses somewhere. Nothing really gets worked to exhaustion, though - although when I go heavier, I'm sure I'll change my tune. (Just like in NYC!)
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kcm, kcm cardio sculpt fitness, kelly coffey-meyer