Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-23-07, 09:39 AM  
Jenmgo

Thumbs up Kellys CARDIO/SCULPT!!!!

I LOVE this workout! i did it this morning first thing. I tried step boxing yesterday which was also good. I like this one better tho. The set is bright and kelly looks great. THere is less choreography in this one - its straight forward and easy to follow but she includes another tutorial on this dvd as well
This workout is about 70 minutes long and she has different drills - i think at least five. She starts off with a cardio then moves to weights, a drill, a second set of weights and then on to the next segment. It really wore me out. I dont know if its becuase im stressed and didnt eat breakfast or it was just a nice kick butt workout! The segments went by fast for the most part.
She does shoulders/triceps in one, legs in the next, biceps / back, another series of legs, and plank push ups/running squats followed by a nice long ab segment

the music in this one is FUN FUN FUN Some of it is silly, but i liked it. It really added to the workout and most songs i havent heard before. one was a happy tropical beat and another was a funky hill billy type song toward the end. Maybe people wont like it, but i did.

I give this workout two thumbs up! I it, definately a keeper. A ton of variety. Kelly uses a step, 8 and 10 pound dumbells (you can go heavier or lighter) and a mat for abs.
Jenmgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-07, 09:54 AM  
fit1

Thanks for the review! If I understand correctly, there are five circuits. For each circuit: there is a cardio segment/weight segment/1 minute cardio drill/another weight segment. So I assume each circuit is 10 minutes?

I'd like to know how many minutes is the longer cardio segment for each circuit (aside from the 1 minute cardio drill?)
fit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-07, 10:02 AM  
Jenmgo

Hi. I dont remember, because i didnt time it. The workout has five segments, i think you are right and then she does some ab work at the end.
The drills are only 60 seconds. The cardio portion is a lot longer, but i cant tell you how long exactly. Maybe someone else can chime in
Its enough to get you sweaty. but it wont kill you b ecuase u need to have a little strength left to get thru the two rounds of weight workout plus the drills. its nicely balanced. i already feel doms fromthis workout and step boxing
Old 10-23-07, 10:14 AM  
KathyW
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit1
Thanks for the review! If I understand correctly, there are five circuits. For each circuit: there is a cardio segment/weight segment/1 minute cardio drill/another weight segment. So I assume each circuit is 10 minutes?

I'd like to know how many minutes is the longer cardio segment for each circuit (aside from the 1 minute cardio drill?)
I was trying to figure this out from Collage's time chart, fit1. The cicuit portion is 52 minutes long, with 19 minutes upper body weights and 8 minutes lower body, according to Collage. So that leaves 25 minutes for cardio, which means 5 minutes of cardio per section. Since the cardio drill is 1 minute, the first cardio section must be about 4 minutes on average. Did I get my arithmetic right?

Thanks for the review, Jenmgo! I think I'd like to get this one eventually, though I'm having a hard time justifying more workouts right now.
KathyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-07, 10:21 AM  
Bebop

Are there shorter pre-mixes?
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-07, 10:32 AM  
Jenmgo

There are a couple premixes on this workout that are shorter. If i remember correctly its all cardio, all weights and maybe one or two more. I dont know for sure. but yes, there are premixes to answer your question They are the typical kelly premixes i think..

well, if you really want this workout its one of kelly's best. i havent done nyc or sottc in a while, but i felt this one was much more fun. she uses innovative moves as usual, the boredom factor doesnt exist (well..not yet anyway) and the music was really upbeat and fitting...not trying to enable you tho
Old 10-23-07, 10:46 AM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmgo
I LOVE this workout! i did it this morning first thing. I tried step boxing yesterday which was also good. I like this one better tho. The set is bright and kelly looks great. THere is less choreography in this one - its straight forward and easy to follow but she includes another tutorial on this dvd as well
This workout is about 70 minutes long and she has different drills - i think at least five. She starts off with a cardio then moves to weights, a drill, a second set of weights and then on to the next segment. It really wore me out. I dont know if its becuase im stressed and didnt eat breakfast or it was just a nice kick butt workout! The segments went by fast for the most part.
She does shoulders/triceps in one, legs in the next, biceps / back, another series of legs, and plank push ups/running squats followed by a nice long ab segment

the music in this one is FUN FUN FUN Some of it is silly, but i liked it. It really added to the workout and most songs i havent heard before. one was a happy tropical beat and another was a funky hill billy type song toward the end. Maybe people wont like it, but i did.

I give this workout two thumbs up! I it, definately a keeper. A ton of variety. Kelly uses a step, 8 and 10 pound dumbells (you can go heavier or lighter) and a mat for abs.
This sounds so up my ally. I love a variety of music, a strong beat, fun, funky, and different...yippee! I just ordered Kelly's workouts today and now I can't wait, especially after your review of the music!
Old 10-23-07, 11:32 AM  
brendazzzz

Jen - as a point of reference what are a couple of your other favorite workouts? Thanks!
brendazzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-07, 11:54 AM  
Jenmgo

Hi I usually workout to Cathe, Kelly, Jari Love, Amy Bento and Tracey Staehle. I have a bunch of favorites, too many to list. I also enjoy christy taylor and mindy mylrea. I like a variety and more athetic than dancy. I really like kellys ready step go but i love her new cardio sculpt. not sure if this helps. i consider myself an advanced exerciser and a cardio junky
Old 10-23-07, 12:32 PM  
MARIKA

Oh No!!

Sounds like you like what I like. I have a couple new ones coming & this sounds like a good one too. The funny thing w/ me is I go months or longer w/ nothing new then all of a sudden I get 5 new ones coming at the same time.

Tags
kcm, kcm cardio sculpt fitness, kelly coffey-meyer