Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-06, 08:04 AM  
pharma_gal

Kelley's Shape of things to Come?

Hello,

I just received this workout in a trade...I previewed it..the workout looks awesome..I cant wait to do it...although I injured my leg on the weekend and have to wait couple of days b4 i start again...The upper body work looks very thorough...but I was just concerned tht the lower body work is not enough..she just has some lunges and squats....is this enough?? for those of u who do this workout...do u add some lower body work by urself to call it a complete workout?? thanks.

R.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-06, 08:20 AM  
antbuko

I do not add on to it. I'm satisfied with the amount of lower body work and the preview is deceptive. I really feel the work from those squats where she has you place the dumbbells on the floor and pick them up one at a time. Plus, the cardio has some power moves that also work the lower body. It's a fun and challenging workout.
Old 06-27-06, 09:16 AM  
mtnmom

I'll agree with Helen, once you complete all those plyo moves and squats, your legs are too fried to think about doing extra leg work.

Just wondering, for anyone else who has this workout, do you have trouble doing the twisting back work and fast lunges on carpet? I thought the pace was a little fast and was concerned about the torque on my knees. I've been trying to figure out how to modify.

ETA- other than the above concern, I thought this was a great workout!
Old 06-27-06, 10:05 AM  
roleez
VF Supporter

I love this workout & agree that the move where you squat to put down weights & squat to pick them up is great for the lower body. It's definitely got some unique strength moves in this workout, which I love!
roleez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-06, 09:50 PM  
HarleyGirl

I did this workout for the first time tonight. I like it! I usually do advanced w/o's and although I feel I will up the pundage, I felt like it was well balanced!
HarleyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-06, 10:11 PM  
fab40's

This is a good upperbody workout. It really works the neck area for me, so I go a little lighter. I don't usually count this as a lowerbody workout. In fact, for me the cardio is a bit lacking, so occasionally I will add extra cardio. I am use to Cathe so I always crave a little more.
fab40's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-06, 08:30 AM  
sundari

This is a fun workout. The music is really good and you can hear it. Kelly is great she needs to make more workouts. She instructs really well and is not annoying.

I don't use this workout as my sole source for a lower body workout. I don't add lower body to this. I just do this workout alone. I do add stretching to it.

This workout does work your upper body thoroughly. She makes the aerobic intensity intervals fun. And the good music does help. My heartrate stayed up.

Tags
kcm