Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-04, 09:42 PM  
doskymom

Joanna,

If you are looking for intensity, you won't find it in any of the ramp workouts that have been released so far...
doskymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-04, 12:28 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Michelle,

I don't consider my RAMP to be a very big piece of equipment. I can store it in my closet standing on it's side fairly easily. It's not as big as a club-size step. Probably a bit wider in the middle than a home-size step. It's flat enough to store under a bed, too! Now, if they'd only make a more intense workout, I might actually use it more often (as opposed to storing it!) :rolleyes:

Pam
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-04, 09:51 AM  
antbuko

I haven't purchased a ramp yet, but I'm wondering about the intensity possiblities. What type of moves could you do to up the intensity? Can you leap onto it, or is that unsafe? Extreme repeaters, ala Charlene Prickett? What other intense ramp moves do you know of or can you think of?

I'd like to see some other instructors jump on the Ramp bandwagon so that it actually does in fact become a bandwagon.
Old 10-25-04, 11:53 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I love these workouts! I use weights with all 3. The footwork is actually more interesting than Gin's. I even break a sweat with the "purple." All the names sound the same, but they wear blue outfits for the beginner, green for intermediate, and purple for advanced.

Cynthia
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-04, 05:19 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

I posted on another thread that I cannot get through Sculpt and Burn (I think that's the purple one) yet. It moves too slow and she spends too much time with chatter that gets on my nerves. Now give this ramp to someone like Charlene Prickett and I could take her chatter and I'd bet it would be plenty intense. She loves extreme stuff. I'd love to see what Cathe would do with a ramp. Maybe not. No, yeah, I'd love that one If Gin's workouts are no more intense than Leslie's, I'll pass on those for now.

I'm just sort of disappointed, but then I keep hoping one of my girls will take this up. It is a great and fun way to start exercising

Last edited by lfcjasp; 10-25-04 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Grammar and spelling
lfcjasp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leslie sansone, walkblaster