Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-22, 08:58 AM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Leslie Sansone and Low Impact "Boost" options

I have been doing Leslie walks and had previously only done a 5 minute clip of her before this latest stretch. Ironically, I hated it. I thought it was too easy and her "walk, walk, walk" drove me bonkers. The first time I did Leslie, I looked at the screen with some *serious side eye* and it was a big HECK NO for me!

Enter the new me......I actually REALLY like her now!! lol! Oh, how times have changed!! I love her encouraging, conversational tone. I don't even notice her repetitive commands anymore. Yes, I could do without the weight loss talk but I can overlook it. She seems very authentic like she really does care and want people to be healthier. She kind of reminds me of Richard Simmons. He had that very authentic and genuine air about him too. There is zero dread factor because there is so many options to suit my energy level.

Every one of her walks is new to me. I really have fun and enjoy myself. Of note, I have also been adding in her 4 and 5 mile walks and they are magic. I went from not being able to sleep to sleeping like a baby. My mood has been better. She cracks me up! She's very wacky and silly and has a maniacal laugh but, for some reason, she makes me smile! Interestingly, I tried to do a Jessica Smith walk last night (Walk Off belly Fat-argh...I hate these titles) and I did the Joni move!!! I was about 20 minutes in and I was just like NOPE. It's weird because she was my go to girl as I own almost every one of her DVDs (including sealed double copies- just in case ).

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone could give me suggestions on some low impact "boost" options. I wasn't going to boost at all. But, then Leslie gets so happy, fired up, and bouncy and throws her hands in the air (like she just don't care...sorry had too) and I'm like...dang, I want to join the party!! I know about fast feet and modified jumping jacks. Any other low impact moves that raise your heart rate? I can't do the the Short or tall box step as my knees are acting up. But, sometimes, I do want to do something to join in on the collective madness! Please let me know! Thanks!
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boosted walking, leslie, leslie sansone