Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-18, 02:00 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Question Margaret Richard's streaming?

Has anyone (other than videofit ) tried Margaret's streaming service? After the big fundraiser effort there hasn't been much buzz.

Any pros or cons?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-18, 10:46 PM  
Loriann

Yes, I joined for 12 months during her Kickstarter campaign because I started out with Margaret about 30 years ago and really wanted to support her in this endeavor.

I have done several episodes - mostly those filmed in Acapulco and have enjoyed them very much. I love the music - for instance on one episode she does Beatles tunes that were covered by artists like Delbert McClintock, Steve Warner, Suzy Boggus, etc. and another workout where it is all Spanish guitar/jazz style.

On the second episode, Margaret uses only bodyweight so it would make a great travel workout.

Margaret has a very unique sense of humor, but she makes me laugh. I usually use a little more weight than Margaret and the crew use, but don’t be deceived.....all those reps start to add up. I have had to drop my weights more than once when working out with Maggie.

As a reference, I usually do Cathe, KCM, Les Mills type workouts with some CS or Jessica Smith thrown in for a little less intensity. Sunday night, I did one of Margaret’s workouts with nothing but 5lb. weights thinking that I was just going to get a little extra movement in my day. Well, my back and shoulders were quite sore the next day (in a good way ).

As Videofit has mentioned, I am not sure that you can just go down the line of the episodes and after 5 days have worked every body part equally. The body parts worked are all listed beneath each episode, but it is still a bit tedious to decide which workout to do based on what you want to work. The videos usually all have both upper and lower body portions so if you wanted to just work the lower body one day, you would have to access at least a couple episodes to string the parts together.

Margaret just sent an email saying she was completing the editing of another 26 shows. Yay! So there should be a lot more content soon.

Lori
Old 01-05-18, 11:45 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Thanks for the info, Lori!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-18, 11:50 AM  
Scorpio6

How much per month is her streaming?
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags