Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-08, 09:44 AM  
ssgilby

Well, happy birthday to all us April ladies! Rose (bearcatfan) is also an April girl. Her b-day is tomorrow!
Old 04-11-08, 11:04 AM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgilby
Lydia - My birthday is actually the 27th, but I think that's close enough to call us b-day buddies, along with Patty's son! Seriously, you guys want to start a KCM check in? What should we call it? I'll start one on Sunday if I've got some takers, and to me if it's only us three, that's enough for a check in! Name suggestions are welcome, ladies!

BTW, don't know if you caught it on her forum, but it sounds like KCM will be giving us a HIIT workout (or something darn close) when she puts out 30 Minutes to Fitness - Cardio! Think we can handle it????
DH's younger brother (and their late mother) is the 27th!!! And Happy Birthday to Rose!!!

So Kelly is thinking HIIT for a 30 min cardio...!!! Okay, I'll buy it and do it...it IS Kelly

Let's see...how about "Working out with KCM"? "Being tortured by KCM"? ...okay, someone come up with something catchy!!!! Please!!!
Old 04-11-08, 01:02 PM  
cjo42a

Kelly's Chiseled Maniacs? (wishful thinking in my case)
Old 04-11-08, 05:15 PM  
ssgilby

K, guys! I need all your requests for our check in name soon so that we can get a thread going on Sunday. I'm totally clueless. I posted on one of the other KCM threads that I don't think a requirement is that one is doing a KCM rotation or that they even do her vids often. As long as you're chugging along on the Kelly Love Train, we'd love to have you! Heck, we'd love to have anyone, I guess. I doubt we'll talk "all Kelly, all the time," LOL! But since many of us are so fond of KCM and her w/os, we might as well form a group and hang out!
Old 04-11-08, 06:13 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

I immediately fell in love with Kelly when I did her NYC a few months ago. Now I need her SoTtC and 30 Mins to Fitness.
ETA: I'll stalk the exchange/swap. If I can't stand it anymore, I'm buying these from advancedworkouts.com.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-08, 02:25 PM  
naturallove

Some Kelly questions

I am kind of tempted by the talk on these short weight workouts! On another note, I am getting Step Boxing 2 in a trade and I hope I like it! Can anyone comment on this one? How intense is the cardio? Is the ab section any good? I would like to try some more of her other workouts, but I remember HATING Ready Step Go (which I don't hear many of you talking about). Any recommendations? (Does she work the shoulders like crazy in all of them? I don't like working the front of my shoulders too much, as I try not to exacerbate my tight traps and front body in general.)
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-08, 02:44 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

NL, the cardio in SB2 is quite intense and quite complex; the abs work is different, from a kneeling position. See my review, which should still be on the new reviews page.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-08, 03:04 PM  
ssgilby

I must respectfully disagree with Beth (which is odd since I agree with her on most things!). I don't find the choreography to be too complicated in Cardio Kick Step Boxing (SB2). LOL! It's not basic-move easy, but I found it much easier to catch on to than say, Amy Bento or Christi Taylor. We all have differences, though. I'd bet there have been workouts where I've founmd the choregraphy difficult, but Beth has breezed right through it.

I will definitely agree with Beth that it's intense! I think any cardio from KCM is intense. In fact, intense may be her middle name!

I like the kneeling core work. It's different than traditional abs stuff. I hold a 2# weight while doing it.
Old 04-16-08, 03:22 PM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturallove
I am kind of tempted by the talk on these short weight workouts! On another note, I am getting Step Boxing 2 in a trade and I hope I like it! Can anyone comment on this one? How intense is the cardio? Is the ab section any good? I would like to try some more of her other workouts, but I remember HATING Ready Step Go (which I don't hear many of you talking about). Any recommendations? (Does she work the shoulders like crazy in all of them? I don't like working the front of my shoulders too much, as I try not to exacerbate my tight traps and front body in general.)
I just did Step Boxing 2 for the first time today, but only through the vertical step portion of the workout. It moves quickly and I struggled a bit to keep up with the choreography, but I had a blast anyway. I definitely think it will be worth enduring the learning curve. I'm not so sure that the choreography is that complex, but the pace makes it a challenge to learn (at least for me). Also, I realized that I really needed to listen to Kelly's cues instead of relying solely on the visual. I didn't watch the tutorial, but I did the warm-up thru vertical step segments twice. By the second round, I was a lot more sure footed, and I was good and sweaty too. Two thumbs up from me! I hope you like it too.
Crescent Moon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kcm, kelly coffey-meyer