Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-18-22, 09:43 AM  
fatkat555

KCM Home Gym Intervals

Random question: Has anyone tried this workout using a rebounder as your equipment? I have an old rebounder I’d like to dust off and I don’t have any other equipment other than an Aeropilates machine. Thanks for any input.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-22, 09:45 AM  
laurajhawk

I have done that! It’s the only way I’ve used that workout and I’ve done it many times. Works great. I jog or do whatever moves come to mind with the music.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-22, 03:10 PM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I have done that! It’s the only way I’ve used that workout and I’ve done it many times. Works great. I jog or do whatever moves come to mind with the music.
Nice! I might get this dvd just for variety

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 12-18-22, 03:27 PM  
katmom

I have subbed the cardio intervals with the rebounder and also kettlebell swings.
Old 12-18-22, 03:40 PM  
Vantreesta

I don't have many KCM but this is one I've always wanted to try.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-22, 07:09 PM  
fanofladyvols

Fatkat, I don't have this DVD but as a side note..I actually use my step and/or BOSU or my elliptical for videos to do my own thing in place of those cardio intervals that are either too hard for me to follow or that I don't like. Very fun option!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-22, 09:43 PM  
bubbles76

I've used the rebounder and jump rope with this dvd
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-22, 10:02 AM  
amery

I haven't yet, but that's a great idea! Thanks for the suggestion!
amery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-22, 10:22 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
Random question: Has anyone tried this workout using a rebounder as your equipment?
the first time i did HGI i used a rebounder and stationary bike. i also have a bosu and step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Fatkat, I don't have this DVD but as a side note..I actually use my step and/or BOSU or my elliptical for videos to do my own thing in place of those cardio intervals that are either too hard for me to follow or that I don't like. Very fun option!
i have used a rebounder as a "booster" for Leslie workouts. i have also used a rebounder for countless other "high impact" and plyo workouts. i've tagged this thread with "rebounder friendly" to see other workouts that VFers have used with a rebounder for high-impact segments and plyo moves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I've used the rebounder and jump rope with this dvd
when Gilad's 30 min show was on cable TV, i used to jump rope during the commercial breaks, which were about 3 min. my abs were in the best shape - sounds counterintuitive, but i guess it burned all the flab off.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-22, 09:12 PM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post

when Gilad's 30 min show was on cable TV, i used to jump rope during the commercial breaks, which were about 3 min. my abs were in the best shape - sounds counterintuitive, but i guess it burned all the flab off.
My husband and I were watching TV and flipping the channel we caught a rerun of a Gilad workout. I’d forgotten how solid his workouts were.

Tags
home gym intervals, kcm, rebounder friendly