Old 06-25-15, 09:03 AM  
zoegirl

I love Slim Sculpting, too!!
zoegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-15, 09:54 AM  
katmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i didn't like kelly at first - having tried and traded bootcamp.

i recently found nyc at the local library book sale. wow - i really like this video. any more like this?
You might like Kelly's The Shape of Things to Come.

http://www.coffeyfit.com/catalog/pro...products_id=29
Old 06-26-15, 09:05 AM  
alisoncooks

Well, I did Slim Sculpting #1 this morning. Wowza! I modified the heck out of it and STILL am a sweaty, wobbly mess. My arms are quivering as I type.

I'm toying with doing a KCM rotation for a while. I also have her Abs & Core dvd coming my way...plus I caved on Cardio Pump.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-15, 06:01 PM  
dela

Some thoughts on Cardio Pump, I think you will be happy with it! I am completely in love with this dvd, it has been the perfect dvd for me for my "re-entry" so to speak back into weights and cardio. I use the interval pump 53 minute mix, it alternates a boxing section with a weight section, at least twice a week. I was doing mainly Barre for months to work through a shoulder injury, and even had to put aside my one cardio love of boxing and kickboxing because of all the punching repetition.

The boxing segments are fun and sweaty, and the weight moves, minus one unique back exercise are very straight forward. I modify the shoulder work section completely and sub out the tricep pushups with a lying press move. Each body part is worked for 3 minutes, 3 different moves each 1 minute long, starting with your heaviest weight first then pyramid down to medium then light.

The DVD is fun, no repeated moves, and I feel energized but worked at the end. And I have been increasing my weights steadily.

I completely credit this dvd with helping me get back my mojo! I like Barre, and still like to add on segments, but my heart is with weighted work, kettlebells, sandbags, and boxing/kickboxing and I'm really enjoying my workouts again. After a few weeks of these, I felt confident enough to re-introduce sandbag work, and I think in a couple months, I'll be back to kettlebells.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite kcm, kelly coffey-meyer