Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-08-12, 04:29 PM  
Sara1000

Leslie 4 Mile Power Walk

I just got this from Mary - two of the 4 miles are intervals or 'power surges'. I haven't tried it yet but on preview some of the miles seem VERY fast and Leslie is the most hyper I've ever seen her - she does some whooping and I think the crew does also.

Just wondering if anyone else has it and has tried it. I think it will be fun, although right now I will probably modify the jumping jacks because of my knee which is just recovering from Cathe's Athletic step a couple of months ago.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-12, 05:03 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Yes, there's thread on it. I wasn't thrilled with it, but lots of others really like it.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-12, 05:10 PM  
Hilary

I did it this morning and enjoyed it as much as anyone who just discovered an abscessed tooth the night before can (at least I got in for an emergency root canal today). It has a similar vibe to the last one (the 5 Miles), with some of the same cast members and the same set. I'm not sure what I think of the "power surges." They are definitely higher intensity than the usual Leslie, but then between each one, she goes to a lower intensity than is typical for her. Leslie is Leslie ... I think you either really like her or you can't stand her. Or you get sick of her. I was sick of her for years, but now I'm enjoying her workouts a lot, and I expect I'll get a lot of use from this one because I prefer the longer ones with a bit more variation.
Hilary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-12, 05:30 PM  
Sara1000

I couldn't find a thread on this workout although I thought there would be one. Thanks for responding to my question and if anyone can give me a link to the thread I would really appreciate it!

Yes, I would like to do longer workout with Leslie but usually 2 miles is the most I can handle as I get bored and distracted after that. This one may have enough variety I can do it as far as boredom is concerned, but the pace may be challenging enough I will have to work up to doing the whole 4 miles.
Old 08-08-12, 05:42 PM  
sherry7899

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...t=Leslie+power

Take care,
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-12, 07:47 PM  
blessed_mom_to_3

I tried it this morning, and I have to admit, Leslie (whom I love normally) really annoyed me in this one. I also have a distaste for one of her new background exercisers who shall remain nameless, but she's easy to spot - she's the one seriously hamming it up the entire time. I would be able to overlook this if Leslie weren't wooping and being a bit over the top herself. She actually pumps one fist in the air and hops in a circle at the end of the surges. (As in, more than once.)

Also, the power surges hurt my knee. I knew I shouldn't have tried the bouncing. (My fault, not hers.)

Then again, I may just be irritable today.
blessed_mom_to_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-12, 07:48 PM  
lrb04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1000 View Post
I couldn't find a thread on this workout although I thought there would be one. Thanks for responding to my question and if anyone can give me a link to the thread I would really appreciate it!

Yes, I would like to do longer workout with Leslie but usually 2 miles is the most I can handle as I get bored and distracted after that. This one may have enough variety I can do it as far as boredom is concerned, but the pace may be challenging enough I will have to work up to doing the whole 4 miles.
It is funny how we are all different because I could do Leslie 5 miles or more but my limit is 5! I like this one but I also have liked every Leslie I have tried.
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-12, 10:28 PM  
bfit

Well, I feel kind of bad because I was the one in the original thread on this workout who said how good it was and then some people tried it and didn't like it. I did it again the other day, and I still like it myself. A lot of it does depend on how well you like Leslie Sansone in her different modes (e.g., alone, with others) and moods. I like that this one has some higher impact moves in it, but again, that isn't going to be something that everyone likes. I usually do Leslie workouts with a weighted vest so the fact that she slows down now and then doesn't bother me because I'm still getting a good workout because of the vest. I haven't tried this workout vest-less so I'm not sure how I would feel about the slower intervals then. It's something to consider if you're not "boosting" the workout with weights, a vest, or something like that.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-12, 10:17 AM  
Sara1000

I overslept this morning - was planning to try to do the whole 4 miles but only had time for one, the first one. I really enjoyed it - it didn't seem as frantic doing it as it did just watching it. I have a very small old type TV so the background exercisers are too small to notice much when they're spread out like that. The one that annoyed me in a previous workout is not there thank goodness.

Sorry you aggravated your knee, Blessed Mom - I'll take that as a warning to modify the impact - I usually do step ups in place of any jumping in a workout.
Old 08-09-12, 11:11 AM  
lrb04

Sara: I limit my jumping also & find I still get a good workout. I don't use a weighted vest.
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leslie sansone, walk at home