Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-29-22, 09:52 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale K. View Post
If you are on a laptop, once you are in the workouts section, you have to scroll down to the very bottom and there is a 'my account' section. Go to I think 'Billing' then 'change my subscription' and there will be an option to cancel.
Thank you! I found it and was just coming here to post.
Old 02-17-22, 11:41 AM  
pharma_gal

I have done several walks since signing up for the app. I have to say I’m so thrilled I signed up for it. It’s so effortless to just pick something and move along. I haven't been doing a mile a day but I do get in several miles a week. I’m too chicken to go out in this weather. So this is working really well for me. The variety with the walks and the instructors is really good and so are the varying steps and intensity in the miles. I’m really loving it. I also previews a couple of the walk, run, lift and I love what I see. I’m not going to do the lift segments with the band but I love the running. Also, there is a brand new heart healthy walk that was posed on Valentine’s Day which is 2 miles but I’m planning to do atleast one mile today.

Glad I signed up for this. It’s really helping me move more.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-22, 10:11 AM  
adrien_73

I am loving the app too! I have many of Leslie's workouts on DVD. I am restricted mainly to low impact and am doing walking workouts for cardio almost exclusively. While there are many youtube channels that I enjoy, I appreciate the high production values and variety of instructors that Walk At Home offers. Plus...I don't have to fumble around with dvds and cases. (Did I just say that?! I never thought I'd say that! )

Yesterday I did a kickboxing inspired workout that I really enjoyed. I think it was in the 2 mile section.
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-22, 05:44 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I am intrigued, especially that it's a good monthly price. However, I have literally all of Leslie's DVDs (quite literally, I binged last year). Is there enough new content in the 30-40 min range? I'd really like to do more walking again (took a year to recover from a torn meniscus).

Also any thoughts on the new instructors?
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-22, 06:57 AM  
adrien_73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
I am intrigued, especially that it's a good monthly price. However, I have literally all of Leslie's DVDs (quite literally, I binged last year). Is there enough new content in the 30-40 min range? I'd really like to do more walking again (took a year to recover from a torn meniscus).

IMO, I wish there were more new content, and much of the new content in the app is available on youtube. Walk, Run, Lift is included, which I think is quite pricey on its own. For $50/yr I think it is well worth the price. If it were much more, I think I might be disappointed.

I do like all of the new instructors I've tried, but will always have a soft spot for Leslie! It's funny that I used to find her chatter to be a bit too much, and now I find it endearing. If you visit the Walk At Home channel on youtube you can check out the most recent workouts to 'meet' the instructors.
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-22, 09:07 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrien_73 View Post
IMO, I wish there were more new content, and much of the new content in the app is available on youtube. Walk, Run, Lift is included, which I think is quite pricey on its own. For $50/yr I think it is well worth the price. If it were much more, I think I might be disappointed.

I do like all of the new instructors I've tried, but will always have a soft spot for Leslie! It's funny that I used to find her chatter to be a bit too much, and now I find it endearing. If you visit the Walk At Home channel on youtube you can check out the most recent workouts to 'meet' the instructors.
Thanks for the heads up! Samesies, I adore Leslie's chatter! She just makes me feel good, even after all these years and knowing exactly what she's going to say.
Old 02-24-22, 04:09 PM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post

I tried this app for a while and I thought it was worth the money, even though I have almost all of the dvds as well. I liked that it gave me a monthly calendar and scheduled work outs for me (I don't know if it still does that).

I very much enjoy instructors other than Leslie on the app (even Nick, whom many on VF don't like).
Old 02-24-22, 05:24 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepla View Post
I tried this app for a while and I thought it was worth the money, even though I have almost all of the dvds as well. I liked that it gave me a monthly calendar and scheduled work outs for me (I don't know if it still does that).

I very much enjoy instructors other than Leslie on the app (even Nick, whom many on VF don't like).
Great info! I like the other instructors too, and I have quite the soft spot for Nick!
Old 02-25-22, 02:41 PM  
pharma_gal

Yes agree with the others. Hope they add more new workouts like they did the one for Valentines Day. But the new instructors are great. Love having the variety.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-22, 08:32 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
Yes agree with the others. Hope they add more new workouts like they did the one for Valentines Day. But the new instructors are great. Love having the variety.
Great to know! I may just have to give it a whirl. I must admit that streaming is infinitely easier than pulling out dvds...

Tags
leslie, walk at home, walk at home streaming