Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-24, 08:26 PM  
furmomof6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
OK, there's a tapatalk forum and VF Forum II. Which one are people using? Looks like I joined both some time ago, but haven't posted on neither. Any idea which one we're supposed to be using?
That's a good question. I don't know if I ever joined tapatalk. Can you share the link?

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-24, 02:54 AM  
Peukalo-Liisa
VF Supporter

Good morning,

I had a bit dramatic start of the day - I was about to cast my workout and turned on the small electric fireplace for extra coziness, when it suddenly made a loud POOF sound, and the whole house went dark
Electricity is up and running again, but I'm afraid the fireplace is very dead (and I don't dare to touch it).

I did 25 out of 35min Kara Duval's 1st day coming out of our cocoon program. For some reason repetitive movements and a chatter about hips' hydration put me in a grumpy mood.

I'll do my PT routine and treadmill walk during lunch.

Waves everyone!

Christine
, this is the tapatalk link - https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/vfroost/
Old 01-02-24, 08:33 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Wow, Polina! That's definitely a dramatic start to your day!

This morning I did, Yoga with Adriene Day 1 Challenge - 25min. Then, I did about 10min of Ellen's Power & Balance. I too was in the grumpy mood which is why I didn't finish Ellen's workout.

I live in a place where there is an HOA. While we own our home, our neighbor from across rents his. He's got 2 dogs, and only recently I've noticed that when it's still dark out when he leaves the house, he started letting his dogs relieve themselves on our grass, right by our front door sidewalk. There are signs everywhere that state, that dogs are forbidden from being walked on common areas. There is a sign right by our front door. This man apparently thinks that since it's still dark, no one will notice his dogs. Except, I work out very early and my workout room windows face in that direction and I can see him. This morning, I had a phone ready but by the time I fumbled with it and put a robe over my workout clothes, he and the dogs were gone. I was mad that I didn't get the picture, and also it interrupted my workout. Anyway, I'll be ready for him tomorrow if he let's his dogs out again, and will report his butt to the property manager, I'm that fed up with it.

Waiting on fridge delivery. Ugh. Hope all goes well this time. Grumpy, grumpy, grumpy!

Waves to all!
Old 01-02-24, 09:03 AM  
buffmama

Pilates Fix March Madness 10 min Advanced Mat - wow, that got a lot done in 10 min!
yesterday I also did Trifecta's 5 min Intense Abs at the wall while waiting for Justina's class to start

Polina - Hopefully it was just a fuse and not the heater.
Dana - Opening the door and confronting the neighbor would probably put a quick stop to the behavior. . Fingers crossed your fridge delivery goes smoothly.

Waves to Christine and Carol and Donna.
Old 01-02-24, 09:06 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Dana - Opening the door and confronting the neighbor would probably put a quick stop to the behavior. . Fingers crossed your fridge delivery goes smoothly.
Buffmama, I tried that with other neighbors who have done the same in the past. Sometimes it went well and sometimes it didn't. I'm done confronting people about their bad behavior. I'm now thinking about installing ring door camera and letting HOA handle this guy.
Old 01-02-24, 12:07 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

The fridge had been delivered, and she's a beauty!

It started with the delivery guy looking at the shut off valve and saying "there's a problem". I looked him dead in the eye and said - there's NO problem! Maybe something in my face told him not to try that again, because after that, things went very well without any further issues. My kitchen is on the 2nd floor, and dragging a french door fridge wouldn't appeal to me either, but that's the job they chose. Long story short, the fridge is in and I'm very happy with it.

The bad news now is, that my throat is beginning to hurt and I feel warm. Ugh, I hope it's nothing. It's been years since I've had a flu or cold, and I hope I'll be OK by the end of the day.
Old 01-02-24, 02:08 PM  
Peukalo-Liisa
VF Supporter

Dana, congrats with the fridge! It's good you have a way to report your neighbor without confronting him directly, and hopefully you'll feel better tomorrow.

Buffmama, it was just a fuse luckily. How did you like Justina's workout? I'll try to check her tomorrow mobility class once she uploads it.

I did my treadmill walk and a PT routine (booooring). Hopefully stormy weather will be over soon and I can walk outside again.
Old 01-02-24, 05:02 PM  
furmomof6

Hi ladies!

Walk x2 (30 min each)
LWR - Lower Body Floor Work (15 min)

Polina, thank you for the link! I will check out tapatalk. I'm glad your morning excitement was just a fuse.

Dana, yay on the fridge! Good for you for not taking anymore nonsense. What is it with inconsiderate dog owners!? I've had my fill of that at the park. I hope you feel better and dodge whatever might be brewing!

Buffmama, you're doing great! I'm glad you're feeling better!

Waves, Carol and Donna!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-24, 06:24 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm definitely seeing improvement in my COVID recovery. I had an a.m. PCP appointment today so I didn't workout this morning - I could have - but really didn't feel like rushing.

I got a workout in this evening - a blast from the past....

Yoga Booty Ballet Live - Go Go - this is very cheesy but fun. I am just not in the mood for anything serious right now. It is hard to believe that this DVD is almost 20 years old - it came out in 2005. I guess the original YBBs came out in 2004. crazy. Anyway, this one started with some yoga, then some cheesy/fun dance, then some standing ballet, then on to the floor for bridge work and stretching. It was fun and lighthearted and what I needed today. The cardio was just enough to break a light sweat and get the blood flowing again.

I may do another one tomorrow.

I also did manage to get my dog out for a walk - it was chilly but she enjoyed it.

Dana - I hope you are not getting sick. Upon returning to my virtual office today I heard that I was not alone with being sick during break. Ugh. I'm glad your fridge is in.

I will have to see about starting a thread in the new location -VF seems to be going wonky again today, at least for me.

Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-24, 07:17 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Jessica Smith - Interval Walk from Walk On: 2 Morning Walks - 30 minutes & Chair Supported Stretch - 10 minutes

These were both new on Jessica's AAP this week and both included Debbie, although there wasn't a lot of interaction on Debbie's part. Jessica said it was early and Debbie wasn't a morning person. I didn't notice any filming issues with the Interval Walk, but there was a fair amount wind noise at both the beginning and end of the stretch. Despite that, I enjoyed it.

Glad you are feeling better, Donna!

Woohoo Dana! So glad the refrigerator deliver went smoothly. A ring camera is a good idea. We love ours. I am a dog lover and have been a dog owner all my life but I would never do what that guy has been doing. Seesh! And I hope you aren't getting sick!

Christine- Nice job with your walks! Glad you are enjoying your pooch!

Polina - that was sure a startling start to the morning. Yikes! Glad it was something as simple as a fuse.

buffmama - Nice workout!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wall pilates