Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-24-15, 09:57 AM  
zellybelly

Pleasantly Surprised by Ballet Beautiful...

I have been doing Ballet Body straight for the last 3.5 years and I have been rotating between both periodization plans that Leah has. I LOVE Ballet Body but I needed a change I know Leah has been busy with a new baby and moving a couple of times. All that being said I jumped on the bandwagon and decided to give Ballet Beautiful a try because of the coupon that someone posted here on VF (thank you by the way). I jumped in and took advantage of it and I decided to do the ideal full body custom workouts. I just completed my first week and so far I love them! (I like the just do the program don't think about it approach) I am very challenged by them and it is nice to feel worked out without feeling dead and Mary Helen's workouts do not aggravate a back condition that I have. I have gone back and researched all the comments that I could find about Ballet Beautiful but I would love to hear about people's experience with doing her workouts and any and all results that you saw.

Thanks,
Meghan
Old 04-24-15, 12:09 PM  
topfitmama

Meghan,
I'm currently using her streaming workouts too, and I'm enjoying them very much! This past winter I did mostly Sleek Technique workouts, which I also recommend.
I find that ballet workouts are better for me than barre. There's less quad work and a lot more pliés in first and in second position that are helping me strengthen my thighs without hurting my knees. I think that doing pliés with my feet flat on the floor and concentrating on the up is doing very good things for my lower body. I can do ballet workouts every day. I couldn't do daily barre (P57 and Booty Barre were my favorites).

As for results, I think they are mostly of the non-visible kind. Being able to exercise daily and looking forward to my workouts are huge results in my book!
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-15, 12:11 PM  
zellybelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfitmama View Post
Meghan,
I'm currently using her streaming workouts too, and I'm enjoying them very much! This past winter I did mostly Sleek Technique workouts, which I also recommend.
Are you doing her custom workouts, if so how are you using them? Do you have the sleek technique DVDs?
Old 04-24-15, 01:01 PM  
topfitmama

I just choose 2 or 3 of her streams, depending on how long they are and what I want to work on that day. For example, yesterday I did the bridal workouts. Today I did two at the barre and will do a floor workout later.

I have the Sleek Technique DVDs. For a taste of what their streaming workouts are like, you can sign up for the 10-day ballerina body that includes all the streams and live workouts :http://www.sleektechnique.com/my-account/buy-package/

ETA: you can try this streaming workout on Vimeo https://vimeo.com/60039807 and they have a 15 minute barre workout on their site. You can also find the workout they did for Sweaty Betty on Youtube.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-15, 02:05 PM  
Rose

Zellybelly, Ballet Beautiful has been my main workout for the past 3 months. It's wonderful! Calming, strengthening and elegant. Today I plan on posting my results. I have Customs but I mostly do the DVDs as I love floor work.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-15, 02:15 PM  
flamingoo

I'm also loving these. Not sure if I'm willing to pay 40.00 a month right now I love the fact that I can do 15-20 minutes here and there. So much easier to squeeze things in. I also really am enjoying the standing routines. Yes I love the floor work, but all the standing leg lifts are really helping my back side
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-15, 02:26 PM  
desertMermaid

That's funny, I first discovered Ballet beautiful years ago, but at the time I was very into ballet body by Leah Sarago. I thought Ballet Body was it for me, and I didn't think ballet beautiful could offer a challenge. I haven't done ballet body for years now, but I am very much in love with ballet beautiful. I did a month in dec/Jan of the custom workout using the ideal 6-7 hours a week, but actually, I did it 7 days a week and just chose my own segments from the library on the rest day. I can't say I had inch loss or weight loss results but my posture improved. I had great posture once upon a time, but 9 hours a day at the office has taken its toll over the years. I've done yoga, classical stretch, pilates, etc which people purport benefit their posture but those methods never really had an effect. Ballet beautiful did. Plus I just love the larger range of motion and graceful moves.

I love ballet beautiful, I just feel $40 a month is too much for me. I will buy whatever DVDs she puts out though.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-15, 03:04 PM  
zellybelly

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 07-19-15, 05:50 PM  
maigosia

I live in Europe - so streaming is such a great option for me... I use essentrics.tv a lot - and I really appreciate Miranda offers so many workouts that was published on DVDs...

Is it the same with BB Custom Workouts? Do you get "classics" and "blasts" as well? I was looking for this information for hours at VF but couldn't find it

Please, help

Thanks, Maigosia!
maigosia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-15, 07:07 PM  
cowfishpro

Maigosia,

The segments of the Blast DVD are included in the Customs. The original DVD is not included, but there are several segments in Customs that are much like the original.

Tags
ballet beautiful, ballet body, butt