Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-02-15, 12:47 PM  
dela

Other burst moves:
1 minute or more of battle ropes, various patterns/moves
Burpees
Deck squats
Mountain climbers
High knees, butt kicks, jumps, speed skaters.
Air jacks
I like when Cathe sort of hops across the room, it's more fun than jumping in place.
Box jumps
Running up and down on a step.
Heavy bag boxing and kicking at a fast speed.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-15, 02:36 PM  
DrH

Cathe bootcamp? or drill max? her 4-day split has premixes that alternate the blasts with the strength. Actually I think a lot of her older workouts have such premixes?

HTH

eta. do you have her new set? upper body circuit would fit this category.
DrH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-15, 02:43 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

JNL Fusion has 30 second strength moves followed by 30 second cardio bursts, but each workout is a split (i.e., one for shoulders, one for backside, one for legs, one for biceps, etc). All of them are roughly 30 minutes in length, but no warm up or real cool down. There is one total body workout, but I think it's shorter than the rest. But the formula of strength vs. cardio is I think what you might be looking for.
Old 02-22-15, 04:51 PM  
yahoo205

Any other recommendations?
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-15, 06:37 PM  
yahoo205

Any other suggestions? I really want medium to heavy weights alternating with some athletic style cardio. Also, any other recs for my own cardio bursts?
Old 03-05-15, 08:29 PM  
lisa122

Toby Massenburg's Afterburn. It is 8 blocks of 40/20 HIIT for a total of 3 minutes, followed by 2 minutes of strength, followed by a minute of core work. It is a tough 60 minute workout, but for me, it was way more doable than, for example, Patrick's Lean Hot Body. This is one of my favourite workouts, and I him as an instructor.

Good Luck
Lisa
lisa122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-15, 08:33 PM  
lisa122

Just wanted to add that in Afterburn, none of the cardio or strength moves are repeated. Each cardio move is different for the three minutes of HIIT. I am so tired of repeating blocks in some of these workouts, but that may not be a big deal for you.

Lisa
Old 03-05-15, 08:37 PM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa122 View Post
Toby Massenburg's Afterburn. It is 8 blocks of 40/20 HIIT for a total of 3 minutes, followed by 2 minutes of strength, followed by a minute of core work. It is a tough 60 minute workout, but for me, it was way more doable than, for example, Patrick's Lean Hot Body. This is one of my favourite workouts, and I him as an instructor.

Good Luck
Lisa
Thanks. It looks great but needs a step. Which step do you use?

http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Toby...-DVD-p/928.htm
Old 03-05-15, 10:03 PM  
lisa122

I use the mini step that he uses, but you could definitely substitute a regular size step. He uses the four risers for one step up move during one of the strength segments. The other times he incorporates the step, it is moved to an 8" step height. I hope this helps.

I forgot. He uses the four risers in another strength segment, but that is just for holding bridge pose while lying on the floor working the upper body.

Lisa
Old 03-05-15, 11:09 PM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa122 View Post
I use the mini step that he uses, but you could definitely substitute a regular size step. He uses the four risers for one step up move during one of the strength segments. The other times he incorporates the step, it is moved to an 8" step height. I hope this helps.

I forgot. He uses the four risers in another strength segment, but that is just for holding bridge pose while lying on the floor working the upper body.

Lisa
where would i buy that step?

Tags
butt, circuit, circuit training, circuit workouts, fat loss, home gym intervals, kcm shape up