Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-25-21, 08:13 AM  
TinaT

Margaret Richard

Who still uses her? I have a couple of her dvds and I think I'm going to dust them off. I love my compound moves but maybe I need to switch it up a bit and do some isolated moves for awhile.

I appreciate Margaret's slow and controlled tempo. Her routines are a great way to work on form.

What's your favorite MR workout?

I like "Beauty To The Bone" and some of her Unplugged Series.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-21, 09:06 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I'm a big MR fan. I like most of her dvds but I am partial to the unpluggeds, particularly the 1900 series. I think it's a little more challenging. I like her All My Best dvds too. They are 4 30-ish minute routines compiled from various of her dvds.

I splurged on her streaming and even though I love the body electric shows on there I haven't used it all that much and it's pretty pricey even at a discount. But they're around 25 minutes similar to the unplugged format.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-21, 09:46 AM  
bubbles76

Love Margaret! Can't pick a favorite though. I've got all her workouts.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-21, 10:31 AM  
Karla25

That's a tough question because there's so much variety and it depends on how you want to work your body

Home Improvement is a wonderful lower body workout whilst Sculpture has a very good upper body workout. My favorite all around workout would be Good 'N Strong. On the days where I don't have much energy, I like the Good for You workouts.
Old 09-25-21, 09:48 PM  
TinaT

You ladies have reminded me of all great routines she offers. I was fine with the two dvds I have,... until I read your replies. LOL
Old 09-26-21, 04:15 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

just this week i received her Fitness Becomes You from an ebay seller. also traded for Good N Strong on the awesome VF exchange.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-21, 11:22 AM  
TinaT

I like the idea of the Unplugged Series. 25 mins, which is perfect for me. Just like CS Series. I can add some cardio at the end to round it out to about 45 mins.
Old 09-26-21, 11:32 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

meant to add that "Fitness Becomes You" was on my wish list because it's one of the few with standing LB. Margaret has quite a bit of floor work for LB in most of her works - it's her signature preference.

i took advantage of her DVD sale a few years ago. for many years, her DVDs were so expensive. now that she has gone digital (you can buy the downloads from her), her DVDs have gone way up in price.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-21, 01:22 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

There are so many Margaret DVDs that I love.
Some of my favorites in no particular order are:

Muscle & Grace
Good 'N Strong
Strong & Limber for Life
Give Me Strength
Raising the Bar
Fitness Becomes You
Getting Better
Body Electric Classics Collection
Good for You
Sculpture
Unplugged Season 19 (I like season 19 more than 20)
Beauty to the Bone

I love Margaret!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-21, 07:00 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Count me in as a fan. I have others, but I like her unplugged series for the scenery. Her workouts look easy - until you try them and your muscles start screaming.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite margaret richard, margaret richard, margaret richard download