Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-23, 09:16 AM  
furmomof6

Barlates for Tracy Anderson fans

I wanted to share in case anyone who is a fan of Tracy Anderson is interested, Linda from Barlates is doing a free 4 week challenge on her Youtube channel doing TA inspired workouts, with good instruction! It's basically the same format: standing abs/un-weighted arms, weighted arms, floor abs and floor legs.

Here's the link to Day 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBvEyoIs0Lg

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-23, 09:23 AM  
bubbles76

Thank you so much! I'm not a TA fan, but I have done a few of her workouts. I may be interested in taking a break from heavy weights for awhile. My body really liked working out to Cathe's Turbo Barre this past Friday. I know it's not the same as TA, but it was a nice break from the heavy weights.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-23, 12:55 PM  
moonbeam31

Oooh. Thanks!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-23, 01:49 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

thanks, this may be what I need right now.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-23, 09:38 AM  
furmomof6

You're welcome, everyone! So far I'm enjoying it.

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
Old 10-04-23, 10:06 AM  
star117

Interesting! I'm going to check this out while my knee still hates leg day!
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-23, 06:57 AM  
wlorrie

Thanks! I've done the first 2 and really like them. I'm going to combine these with a 20 minute Cee workout!
Lorrie
wlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-23, 12:23 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

furmomof6, thank you for posting this! I've done the first 2 and plan to continue, combining them with walking and swimming.

I never clicked with Tracy Anderson, but I like these moves.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-23, 12:51 PM  
furmomof6

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
furmomof6, thank you for posting this! I've done the first 2 and plan to continue, combining them with walking and swimming.

I never clicked with Tracy Anderson, but I like these moves.
You're welcome! I'm the same way, I never clicked with Tracy but I do like the Barlates version. Sounds like a great combo with walking and swimming!

Old 10-06-23, 08:37 PM  
Colleen
VF Supporter

Here's a video with more information about the challenge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yp3f530050

And a video clip for the entire series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxqCvc7QHY4

I've done days 1 and 2 so far and liked them. They were easier than Linda's typical intermediate-advanced workouts (but not easy). You could wear ankle weights to make them harder.

I've done only a few Tracy Anderson workouts so I can't compare them in detail. I do Barlates frequently, and the lower body mat work was similar to what I've seen in Linda's other workouts. The upper body and abs were more like Tracy Anderson style than barre or Pilates style, and some of the moves were familiar to me from Linda's newer workouts.

I have a foot injury and I'll need to limit standing work and avoid bending the toes (no lunges, planks, etc.) for at least a few weeks, so I won't be able to follow the challenge. I'll do the ones that I can do with little or no modification and wait on the others. I plan to try all of the workouts eventually - the preview clip looks great.

If I had a nickel for every time I've had to prove that exercise can work without pain, I'd be a very rich woman.
- Pilates teacher Brooke Siler
Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barlates, linda stejskal, linda wooldridge, tracy anderson