Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-02, 07:24 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

My first workout with ALL the girls in school was

MIS!! I had time to really focus and felt like doing a focused workout, so I pulled out MIS, which is definitely a dusty bunny, and had a grand ol' time! I did just the upper body part and feel slightly/pleasantly sore today. Then today, I did Libby's floorwork tape, I needed to do lower body but didn't feel like pushing hard.

Anybody else enjoying suddenly uninterrupted workouts??
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-02, 07:35 PM  
Barbara P
VF Supporter

not yet...

My son starts school on Sept 4. But he's pretty good about not bothering me, has been his whole life (he is 10). Since his PS2 is also my workout DVD player, and also where my workout VCR is, we surprisingly haven't even gotten into any "fights" about it, LOL
Barbara P
Barbara P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-02, 09:39 PM  
Celia M

Boy did I misread that title!

I thought you were teaching a PE class with ALL the girls in school!

Took me a minute to realize they were in school and you were at home.
Old 08-27-02, 09:46 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

..And I thought you were reminiscing (Spelling problem?) about P/E class with ALL the girls in the school (my personal nightmare).
Old 08-28-02, 02:07 AM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

I made the same mistake too!

Susan, I thought you were like the volunteer Mom of the year already, leading all the girls in school in a workout! And then when I read the first line and saw it was MIS, I thought "wow, she really threw a hard one at them! How old are these girls anyway?"

Can you visualize it? A football field of elementary school girls, staring at a big screen Cathe, struggling with little weights lifting their hearts out?

Think it would work? :rolleyes:

Glad you're having fun!

Aloha, Jen

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-02, 07:18 AM  
videogirl

So how did it go sending your last one off to school? Was it harder than you thought it was going to be or easier?
videogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-02, 10:25 AM  
Denise B
VF Supporter

Re: My first workout with ALL the girls in school was

Quote:
Originally posted by susan p

Anybody else enjoying suddenly uninterrupted workouts??
Not yet! School starts here September 3rd. This will be the first year EVER that I won't be either working full time or home schooling (at least one of my children). I'll be working part time, so I'll have some time to exercise alone SOON!

I'm thinking about a mostly FIRM rotation, since I did lots of Cathe over the summer.
Denise B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-02, 11:48 AM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Gosh, sorry, I didn't mean to be so misleading!! I can just imagine leading two classes of k-garteners and first graders through MIS. LOL!! I can barely get 'em through Libby's floorwork tape when there's just US here at home! The fifth graders could probably come a little closer. . . still, not a job I would relish. Although, don't you think it would be FUN to be a gym teacher?? A fun one??
Old 08-28-02, 11:51 AM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally posted by videogirl
So how did it go sending your last one off to school? Was it harder than you thought it was going to be or easier?
It was actually easier. . . My youngest was SO excited, how could I not be too?? All three of them were practically jumping out of their skins with joy at the prospect of a new year, wearing their favorite clothes they'd laid out the night before, their teeth and hair more carefully brushed than they'd ever been before! They were shining like bright new pennies! Even the grumpy ol' jaded bus driver just had to smile when she drove up, they were such a sight. I took a lot of pictures.
Old 08-28-02, 12:03 PM  
SouthJerseyDeb

no kids, my mother!!!!

I don't have a problem with my daughter interrupting me but it never fails my mother calls right in the middle of my workouts. I've begged her not to call me between 7 & 8 at night -- that's my time. When does mother need me? 7:30 EVERY TIME!!!!
"You have within you more resources of energy than have ever been tapped, more talent than has ever been exploited, more strength than has ever been tested, and more to give than you have ever given." - John Gardner
SouthJerseyDeb is offline   Reply With Quote