Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-24, 09:46 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Friends in Fitness - Spring 2024

Newcomers welcome!! Come join us!

Whatever you do for fitness, walking, running, stepping, dancing, yoga, weights, pilates, kettle bells, swimming, biking, etc., come join us and we will try to encourage, inspire, support, and motivate you to achieve your goals!!

Have a happy and healthy spring!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-24, 08:54 AM  
cambet

Good Morning!

Thanks for getting us started on the new thread, SB! I was going to quickly post as I was about to start preparing for my class yesterday morning and I realized it was March, so we would need a new thread. I'm glad you set it up!

To close out February, Thursday was an active day at work and on top of that, I took a quick 24 min walk with a coworker. Made it to over 10,000 steps for the day.

Yesterday was also an active day at work, and I ran some errands afterwards, which helped with my steps. I had over 9,000 by the time I got home, so I did 10 mins of Christi's Pure Spice last night before midnight and made it to over 10,300 steps for the day.

I might see if I can get myself to do a strength workout today.

SB - Great job with the KCM strength w/o. I do think that the steps are helping me stay fit, and I'm glad I'm at least getting in that movement. I just haven't been able to manage taking it up a notch, which is a bit frustrating. We'll see what happens this week.
I forgot that you have your DS's wedding this year. Yes, that will be motivation to drop a few pounds, and it's good that you still have lots of time to plan for it.

Van - Great job with your workouts! I see that you are doing more challenges. Maybe I should consider something like that to see if it would be more motivating, although I'd probably feel bad if I couldn't keep up. Something to think about.

Hope you both have a great day!
Old 03-03-24, 09:19 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Yesterday I did all of Christi's Pure Spice (55 mins). It was so much fun; I can't believe I've had such a fun dance DVD all this time just sitting on a shelf in a back room and spent so much time (years!) not doing it. Made it to over 10,200 steps for the day.

Yesterday I spent some time looking at the info on Cathe's new workouts (Lift, Move, Restore) and I'm actually thinking about preordering. I've never preordered a Cathe series, and I'm still a little concerned that they'll be too advanced for me, but I'm keeping an eye out for clips, so we'll see. I imagine I'd have to modify a lot, at least as I get started.

Hi SB and Van!
Old 03-03-24, 09:34 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Just popping in to say hi. I got a little off track for a few days with no walks or workouts. Just busy doing things with friends and not making time for exercise.
LOL. After a soaking rain yesterday, we're supposed to have a nice spring-like day today so I hope to get back on track with a nice walk.

CAMBET, great job with your steps.
You're so busy at work it's hard to kick it up a notch at the end of the day I'm sure.
You'll get there. That Christi Taylor dvd does sound fun. Great job on doing the whole workout.

I've preordered many a Cathe dvd series but I rarely use them. Her workouts are tough and she uses SO.MUCH.EQUIPMENT in them. It's overwhelming to me.

Hi VAN.

Have a great day!!
Old 03-04-24, 10:03 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

51 minute outdoor walk

I am planning another walk for today even though it's cloudy and much cooler than yesterday.

Waves.

Have a great day!
Old 03-05-24, 07:55 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Sunday I did 26 mins of Pure Spice. Made it to over 10,300 steps for the day.

Yesterday was a very active day at work. I had over 7,000 steps by the time I got home. Last night I did Jessica's 15 min Energy Boost walk from 5 Mix & Match Miles. Made it to over 10,200 steps for the day.

Still no weight workouts from me, but I am moving. Sunday at my weigh-in I weighed the same amount as last week, which was a little disappointing, because I came in under-calories for the week. Oh well, at least I didn't gain.

SB - Great job with your outdoor walk! It's so easy to get off track for a few days; I hope you enjoyed your time spent with friends. Yes, I am worried that Cathe's workouts will still be too tough for me, even though they're supposed to be lighter and more functional fitness. I'm keeping an eye out but haven't pulled the preorder trigger yet. Hope you have a great day!

Hi Van!
Old 03-05-24, 09:22 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

63 minute outdoor walk

It actually turned out to be a nicer day than they forecasted yesterday and I enjoyed a
somewhat longer walk. Today is rain so I need to do a weight workout.

CAMBET, nice job with your steps. I think you mentioned you have a pretty good 10K steps streak going correct? Well not gaining is always a positive. If you were under calories all week that loss will show up.
Sometimes I notice it takes a few days for a loss to show on the scale (or a gain for that matter too).

Hi VAN.

Have a great day!
Old 03-06-24, 09:38 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

KCM RAW - Total Body Timesaver Functional Strength

Even though this workout was short, it packed a punch. Kelly kills with those heavy weights using compound/combination moves. Phew. Another rainy day today so I'll have to find some indoor type workout.

Waves to all.

Have a great day!
Old 03-07-24, 08:08 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Tuesday I took a 25 min walk with a coworker. Made it to over 10,300 steps for the day.

Yesterday I did 50 mins of Pure Spice (I had not planned to dance/workout for so long, but I was enjoying myself!). Made it to over 10,500 steps for the day.

SB - Great job with your outdoor walk and with KCM's RAW w/o! It sounds like Kelly is tough, but at least you are hanging in there and getting in your weights! I do have a 19-day streak going with over 10,000 steps. It should be more but there was that Friday a couple of weeks ago where I had a proposal due at midnight and I finished it at 11:50 pm, so I needed every moment leading up to midnight to work on it, and after I turned it in there wasn't enough time to make it to over 10,000 steps. I had a 15-day streak going before that. I'm keeping an eye on my current streak but also just kind of enjoying the movement. Hope you have a great day (and get better weather soon)!

Hi Van!
Old 03-07-24, 11:30 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good moring!

Yesterday:

FitbyMik - 20 Min. Standing Full Body with Dumbbells

Another good workout by FitbyMik.
She used compound moves in this one similar to Kelly but she doesn't go over 10 lbs so it's much more doable. I suppose I can use lighter weights with Kelly's compound workouts. LOL. Hoping for a walk today since the rain finally stopped.
It is windy though.

CAMBET, good job with the steps! It is good to get the movement in even if you don't reach 10K steps but that does add a little extra motivation I'm sure.

Hi VAN.

Have a great day!