Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-22, 03:01 PM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
prettyinpink,

I believe that there is so much individual variation that it's difficult if not impossible to determine what program is suitable for "everyone." It's been said here often in a number of different ways, if it works for you, and gets the results that you want, then it's a good program.
So true.

It doesn’t have to be perfect for me, it just has to be good enough so that I don’t have to constantly stop for longer rest breaks or for time to access equipment or set up to modify the movement.

I’m mainly interested in phase 2 and 3, and hoping there is something new there vs. going back and doing something like 4DS, which I haven’t used in many years.

From what I can tell, lift to failure was THE way until a few years ago, certainly 15 years ago when STS came out. Since STS 2.0 isn’t using 1RM, will she talk about Reps in Reserve or using an RPE scale instead, as how to select weight? I would like some guidance as to how to tell what is “heavy enough” for the workouts.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-22, 10:25 AM  
ChelePA

Cathe STS 2.0 Active Recovery

Pictured here you see Cathe, Jenn A, Brenda, Jenn D, and Kristin doing the “World’s Greatest Stretch” during the “Active Recovery” workout in STS 2.0.

This dynamic total body stretch is used as a warm-up (though it need not be exclusive to the warm-up) in the workout because it stretches the entire body in just this one movement. It promotes internal/external rotation, flexibility, and mobility while actively stretching the arms, legs, spine, and core. Plus it increases blood flow and reduces stress while releasing muscle tightness and soreness.

When it comes to the Worlds Greatest Stretch, don’t leave home without it!

You can Pre-Order STS Muscle and Recovery starting next Monday, October 24th!!! * Look for complete details in next week's newsletter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D9C4B242-DC8C-4A32-BA38-635263AF610C.jpeg
Views:	112
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	4835  
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-22, 11:16 AM  
suzanne63

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Cathe STS 2.0 Active Recovery

Pictured here you see Cathe, Jenn A, Brenda, Jenn D, and Kristin doing the “World’s Greatest Stretch” during the “Active Recovery” workout in STS 2.0.

This dynamic total body stretch is used as a warm-up (though it need not be exclusive to the warm-up) in the workout because it stretches the entire body in just this one movement. It promotes internal/external rotation, flexibility, and mobility while actively stretching the arms, legs, spine, and core. Plus it increases blood flow and reduces stress while releasing muscle tightness and soreness.

When it comes to the Worlds Greatest Stretch, don’t leave home without it!

You can Pre-Order STS Muscle and Recovery starting next Monday, October 24th!!! * Look for complete details in next week's newsletter
How long is this. I love it.
suzanne63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-22, 12:44 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne63 View Post
How long is this. I love it.
Haven't seen any times published... probably earliest to know this is Monday with presale announcement. But could be later after editing is complete?

Maybe someone who participated in previous large set presales could chime in.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-22, 12:53 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Haven't seen any times published... probably earliest to know this is Monday with presale announcement. But could be later after editing is complete?

I don't think they'll have that info on Monday, not until editing is much closer to complete. However, I do know cancellation of a preorder is something they allow as more information becomes available throughout that process. I think they realize not everything works for everyone, and if someone realizes the set won't work for them, they can cancel their order and get refunded. That's just my 2 cents though, I could be totally off base. I'd be so happy to be wrong and have ALL of the info on Monday!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-22, 01:08 PM  
suzanne63

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post

Hi Ok. Thank You.
suzanne63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-22, 07:54 PM  
ChelePA

Not sure why or if it was an accident but the information is posted for the STS 2.0 presale on Cathe’s Shop.

Price for DVDs $119.97

Downloads $99.97

Both $139.97

Don’t see individual DVDs for sale at this time.

https://shop.cathe.com/category-s/20...rvh6s3I9zuU_B0
Old 10-21-22, 08:02 PM  
rhbrand

I was just coming to post this!

I'm in! That price is pretty good for what is offered.
Old 10-21-22, 08:11 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I don't see anything about the new workouts on her site. "New" is the Boss band set.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-22, 08:15 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I don't see anything about the new workouts on her site. "New" is the Boss band set.
https://shop.cathe.com/category-s/20...rvh6s3I9zuU_B0

Tags
announcement/announcement, cathe, cathe presale, cathe sts 2.0, danielpt, pre-sale, sts 2.0, sts 2.0 reviews, troy lite bar