Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-24, 08:43 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Another check in

What is the world coming to?

Helen: Yep - I get the "server busy" still occasionally. I just walk away and come back later. I have gotten into the habit (from years ago) of copying my post before I even preview or hit submit. That way if the server is busy, it's still ready to go when it's available.) The thought of sunburn makes me smile. NOT because you're sunburn, but because our seasons are opposite! Grass is always greener, isn't it? I knew it would probably be a good idea to move and push around the lactic acid build up. That and I swear I'm doing every day this month .... I also wondered yesterday if I would be sore the whole month and could I do it, etc, etc. But it passes and by this a.m.? Although sore in my abs, chest and obliques now, my hamstrings are better. So life is good. I also remind myself that strength training is good for me. cuz it is.

Vantreesta: Yep. the mats were expensive. Which is why I put off ordering them for well, months (or close to a year?) I don't know if they're any better. I do like that they fold and can support my knees when I'm doing kneeling exercises. We'll see. Time will tell. Not quite what I had expected, but I probably weigh double what Daphne does, so I have more impact on them. For now? I'm only using one and have the other on reserve.

Waves to Lili! Hope you are well.

ON to me, me, me:

2/3/2024: 15 mins. Stacking Stuffer Upper Body Rebecca Kennedy, 15 mins. Standing Abs (also Rebecca), 20 mins. Soft Rock Ride with Christine and a 5 mins. Post Ride stretch (also with CDE).

Rebecca Kennedy's body composition has changed A LOT over the last few years at Peloton (I almost didn't recognize her when I cued up a workout from her). To me it is that drastic. Her stacking stuffer was from 2021 and this new one was very recent. HUGE change. HUGE.

I absolutely LOVED Christine's Soft Rock ride. It was a total sing fest for me (cue up the 8 track!) LOL. She was kind of goofy in this one, not sad, not serious, just laughing, joking, singing. I LOVED IT ... I am definitely going to do it again. THe music was MY music and it was GREAT!

I just looked at the schedule and it appears that Ally Love is doing a LIVE sundays with Love, so I'll be doing that. I guess she only does one once a month now. I still enjoy doing them. I hope the message is a good one.

That's it for me. 3 down, 26 to go!!!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-24, 04:57 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

First of all, I would like to point out that the only way I achieved every day in January was by doing mostly easy workouts. After a slow December, I knew I couldn't just jump back in, so I signed up for Leslie's site on a monthly basis. It worked for me.

2/3 - Hike with hubby in the state park, 3.44 miles.
2/4 - 15 Min. Pilates for Pelvic Floor w/ Robin Long
Bellicon's Grounded Stability & Coordination, 29 min.
30 min. brisk walk outside

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-24, 04:59 PM  
Vantreesta

Lili, celebrate your accomplishment without qualification! It doesn't matter the intensity of the workouts, you still did smthg every day! Good for you!!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-24, 01:26 AM  
Helen

Posted from work today, but ran out of time sitting there repeatedly refreshing to get it to submit - so lost the post.

Essentially - agree with Vannie - no conditions, doing SOMETHING counts!

Was a brutal day at work - hit 95F and the classrooms don't have A/C. I kept the windows closed & blinds down to stop the heat coming in, but someone else was in there for 2 hours and opened the #&^%# windows - so all the outside hot air expanded into the room! Basic physics!! I was annoyed - just a tad. /s
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-24, 01:27 PM  
Vantreesta

New Cathe workouts have been announced!!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-24, 01:05 AM  
Helen

VANNIE
Saw the description of the new Cathe set - had wondered WHEN she'd do that - her base are aging out of her typical style of workouts & younger people, if my DDs are typical, prefer the social aspect of the gym - even if they don't talk to anyone, it's the atmosphere.

6-Mon
Nothing due to the filth that the weather dished out. MUCH better today - heat broke, light rain, chilly breeze by the afternoon. Not sure if Kathryn will be 'on' tonight, but I'll certainly do something when I finish my checkins - getting in whilst the server is being generously available.
Old 02-06-24, 09:47 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Check in ....

I'll wait until I see clips or hear reviews before ordering Cathes. (Highly doubt I'll get them!) Of course, her pre sales are wonderful deals so with FOMO on the horizon, never say never!

Helen: I'm glad the heat broke for you. Or at least is a bit more tolerable. We have lovely sunny skies (temps in the 40s) but it is supposed to go up to the 50s by the weekend. It's so nice to see the sun after a week (or more) of gray dull skies. Puts everyone in a better mood.

Lili: a win is a win is a win! 'nuff said

Waves to Vantreesta!

2/4/2023: 10 mins. Sweat Row, 30 mins. Sundays With Love (virtue: abundance)**, 10 mins. cool down ride with Bradley Rose, 5 mins. Post ride stretch

2/5/2023: Rest day. I've been pretty sore lately and frankly? Ran out of time. I'm turning into one of those - "I don't know how I had time to work" people. (and loving every minute of it).

** abundance: this was having all we need. (Not necessarily what we WANT!) and I couldn't agree more. I really wish these were more than just once a month. I suppose I could go back and redo some.

I think I'm feeling better today. At least better enough to do something today. (Rowing really gets to my legs and I slacked off for many months, so I have to start back slowly).

Ok, that's it. Finished another book. Now I'm on to a new one. Loving starting my day with an hour of reading.

Have a great day!
Waves to all.
Cleda
Old 02-07-24, 02:08 AM  
Helen

Cathe
I had been wondering WHEN she'd bring out a set for those member of her base that are aging out of her usual offerings and she's now done it. The pre-sale deal IS very good, and this one may be ready for May (though I doubt it) for a selfie b'day gift. [Note: Had already 'posted' this comment, but it failed to go through - server.]

CLEDA
So glad that you're feeling better, and VERY envious of an hour of reading every morning. I read in bed a night & turn out the light when the book hits my chest because I've fallen asleep - 15-20min is typical.

6-Tue
60min dog walk
Since it'd been so hot lately, & Alice hadn't been allowed to get a ball chasing session, made her the priority last night. It's been delightfully cool all day (and misty rain) - even wore a cardigan most of the morning, so AFTER I do some mandatory computer WORK-work, I'l be heading up for something. DH has already taken Alice out today.

Have to go - that work isn't getting done...
Old 02-08-24, 09:06 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

2/5 - 30 Min. Fast Walk, Leslie
Pilates for Pelvic Floor, 13 min.
Knee exercises
dog walk
2/6 - Pelvic Pilates, 8 min.
Bellicon's Strong & Healthy, 26 min.
20 Min. Low Impact Cardio W/O, FitbyMik
2/7 - Les Mills Sh'Bam #47, 30 min.
longer dog walk, very relaxed, Baxter needed to sniff everything!

I am afraid to look at the new Cathe's. It sounds like my thing. But I'm also in the process of weeding out videos that I never do, and I hate to add something that I may not like. It's part of our continuing basement cleanout, which is going very well. We came across a few boxes of books yesterday, most from my parents' house, but also a box of children's books. Finding good homes for things isn't always easy, but sometimes I just need to let go and get them OUT! It's a process.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-24, 11:32 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

checking in

New Cathes: I am on the fence about these. Like Lili, I am trying to NOT accumulate more stuff and go through what I already have. I don't really need these. I have so many other options available to me. I will continue to think on it (till some day at 2:00 a.m. when I pass the computer as I toddle off to bed and click to buy them! that's what seems to happen to me. I do a lot of LATE night shopping on my way to bed. )

Lili:
Bellicon has not gotten back to me (yet - so far?) I do not have high hopes for a return email. Did you like the one you did? (I look to you for your input. Helps me in choosing). And I should copy your Les Mills as well as I believe I have a subscription to that also. (Good grief! I need to go through my subscriptions, I'm sure I can cull them!) Speaking of children's books from parents, somehow one floated to my house from my Mom's stuff. Luckily there only 2 of them and the one is adorable and I realize, that's where several of my sayings come from. Definitely have not let go of that one yet. . .

Helen: I have to be really careful with the hour of reading in the morning. Several reasons! If I don't put my contacts in then I can read the small print and I keep going and going. and sometimes, I just get busy reading and then it's late(r). So as I often do with many things, I have to set a timer. As far as reading in bed? I'm lucky if I last 5 mins. Dh laughed when I got the big Kindle. Cuz he said, "Don't chip your front teeth or bruise your forehead when you drop that on your face!!!!" (Lately, I've been on a library book spree though. REAL books.)

Vantreesta: I'm sure you've ordered the new cathes already. I can read the enthusiasm even in just your one sentence post!!! It's always fun when something reignites the workout spark!!! Of course, you'll have to wait till Summer....

on to me, me, me:

2/6/2024: 30 mins. KCM RAW Lean Physique Boxing, 45 mins. CDE Climb ride, 10 mins. CDE P!NK cooldown ride, 5 mins PRS

2/7/2024: (Back to being sore again - oh bother! as Pooh Bear would say)!!! 10 mins. Sweat Row, 20 mins. Recovery Ride with Ally Love

The RAW Workout was hard for me. (translation: I am terribly out of shape!) and it was constant moving. I had to modify some of the moves, but overall? It was good. I don't think (and please remind me) that I'll buy any future RAW workouts on dvd. I have plenty. Plenty of KCM. My usual tag line here: Just how many ways can you mix up punches, kicks, etc? I have ENOUGH. Plenty.

The climb ride was not what I expected. AND it's been a long time since I've done a solid 45 mins. ride. Instead of piecing shorter rides together (which gives a warm up and therefore a break). This one was STEADY and NO RELIEF for a solid 45 mins. Not on my list of favorites.

I ran out of time yesterday. (which was ok cuz I was sore). Dh had a doctor's appointment and they called to have him come in earlier. It's an hour away, so we quickly got ready and headed out. Having been on the other end of that for over 30 years (calling to rearrange the schedule, having people come down earlier or later) I always try to accomodate when we can!

Not quite as sore today. Not sure what I'll do. The sun is shining brightly, so it might be a nice walk at the park. Sun is supposed to be out today, tomorrow and some of the weekend and winter weather returns the beginning of next week. I can't complain. This winter has been just fine.

Gotta run.
Waves to all.
Cleda