Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-24, 04:10 AM  
Helen

🌈 EVERY Day in February (2024) - Everyone Welcome !!

TO THE

Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-24, 11:51 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Need my arrow

so here I am. No check in yet (but will have one soon!) I need my arrow. I also have to go back to January's thread and finish that off.

I'm trying for every day this month. Lili has inspired me. Doesn't have to be a lot or a long session, just something.

Ok, gotta run.
waves!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-24, 06:12 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Thank you Helen for starting us off again!
Cleda - We all get to pick our own rules as to what counts as a workout! You can do this!

2/1 - GFWR 15 Min. Cardio Blast
Bellicon's Cardio Joy, 34 min.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-24, 07:11 PM  
Vantreesta

We were at my father-in-law's last weekend. I had time to set up a workout plan that would finally finish my old challenges and take me through early March. This week I started it and decided it's not gonna work so I'm revising again. Plus yesterday I did my first workout from nourishmovelove on YouTube and I was not a fan. She moved and talked too fast for me. But I kind of want the 20-minute time for weights right now so I think I'm actually just going to work through Stephanie Huckabee's PowerFit workouts again. The weights irritated my elbow some so I'm thinking maybe starting back with bands might be helpful. Plus Stephanie is no dread and has a calm demeanor so that will help. Hopefully after that I can start a Cathe rotation. And I was listening to Chalene the other day and really missing CLX so I'm toying with the idea of doing 3 weeks or XTrain/STS 2.0 (plus the new three) and 1 week of CLX, repeating as long as I can stick with it. This freakishly warm weather has me really wanting to run too!

Today I didn't feel well so I didn't really do anything but take a nap and empty the dishwasher. We finally took our morning walk about 2:30! I need to do yoga tonight for my delayed Sadhana (restarted on Monday). I started the newest Crossrope challenge and unfortunately probably won't be able to get it all done before it's locked to free users. That happened with the two I was doing the last few months too. It gets so frustrating! They leave it free for quite a while so I have no complaints with it, but btwn my inconsistency and all the things I want to do I have trouble finishing in the allotted time. But I love doing them so I guess it is what it is. I'm not paying the $60 a year to have access all the time.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-24, 12:15 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

And I'm off and running

Well, not running literally, but I did do a workout!

Lili: You are right! I will go at my own pace, even if it's a stretch. (On what would be my every other day!) We'll see. I have to go back and look at which Bellicon cardio workout you did. I'm still muddling through the website.

Vantreesta: You'll figure out what you want to do and make it work.

Waves to Helen (and thanks for starting the Feb. thread!)

2/1/2024: 10 mins. Sweat Row & 5 mins. Cool down row with Aquil (Hydrow), 30 mins. Glutes & Leg Strength with Rebecca Kennedy, 30 mins. Pink** Ride & 5 mins. cool down ride with Robin

** Pink Ride. I like the one Christine does soooooooooooooo much better. I hope it never gets purged (but I'm sure that's wishful thinking). I had to do Robin's just to see how it measured up. I know it's comparing apples & oranges, but I like CDE's MUCH better. (I think it's her song choices and the order they are played and she pedals the whole time). But that's me. Had to give it a whirl.

My Stakt mat(s) arrived today. Daphne had recommended it. I had held off for a very long time, but treated myself. I have one for the room the rower is in and then one for the exercise room. We'll see how I like them.

That's it. Gotta get some sleep.
Cleda
Old 02-02-24, 02:41 AM  
Helen

Well I missed day 1 already
It was yukky-hot and DH took Alice for a walk in the cooler morning.
Old 02-02-24, 08:34 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen & Vantreesta - No worries! We strive to do something everyday, that doesn't mean we have to. It is important to listen to our bodies, something I am embracing more the older I get.
Cleda - I'm not a fan of the new layout for Bellicon. I need to look around more, but it seems like you can't just pick a workout like you could before.
And it really bothered me when Peloton instructors would stop riding and talk or dance or whatever. If I'm pedaling, why aren't you?

I'll come back and put my workout in after I've done something.

2/2 - Walk, Run, Lift, 32 min. This had Nick and Rocky, 2 of my old favorites leading
Pelvic Floor Exercises for Everyone, 15 min., from Healthline

I had hoped for an afternoon walk, but the dreary cloudy cold kept me inside.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt

Last edited by LiliMagill; 02-02-24 at 05:10 PM. Reason: add workouts
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-24, 12:17 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Groundhog day

Well, Punxsutawney Phil did NOT see his shadow so we are going to have an early spring. (So says Phil!) Of course, ask my brother and he'll say, "according to the calendar there are 6 more weeks before spring arrives whether Punxsutawney Phil sees his shadow or not." I suppose he's correct.

Lili: I actually wrote to Bellicon to ask where all my old favorite workouts went. (I thought at one point they actually offered dvds. I'll have to do some looking around. I'm sure they won't offer dvds if they want me to buy into the streaming!) I got a canned message back saying they have a lot of emails to get to and would get back to me with 48-72 hours or something like that. I just want to know if I can access them (I'm sure not, but it's worth a try!) and as far as the new format, you can click on a program and scroll through the workouts and then you can click on any of the workouts and do them individually. I am not doing a whole program (for now) just to get to one I want to do. I am not in good shape, so I have to stick to beginner ones.

BUT ... the good news is - I am sooooooooo thrilled that my Ipad now casts directly to my TV and for both Hydrow and Bellicon, I now can view the workouts on the tv. Makes a huge difference for me.

Helen: I checked out that virtual walk you posted in another thread. Interesting. Nothing like around here. That's for sure! I may have to try it on my treadmill some day.

Waves to Vantreesta.

I was super sore yesterday (but now I think I'm even sorer today) but the show must go on. I was "THIS" close to bailing. I really was. But then decided I could muster up the energy to do SOMETHING.

2/2/2024: Soft Fitness (Bellicon w/Barbara K. & a Pilates Ball - I used a yoga block) 20 mins, then I did a Hydrow stretch for 10 mins. with Dani & Pete (and my new stakt mat).

Jury is stll out on the stakt mat. My tailbone didn't hurt though (which it has been recently every time I lie on the floor to do any exercises or stretches) So I suppose that says something.

Of to unload groceries and do some sort of workout!
Cleda
Old 02-03-24, 12:31 PM  
Vantreesta

Helen, I missed day 1 and day 2 of the month too as far as formal exercise but we did get in our walks. Thursday I felt unwell in general and yesterday errands took about 2 1/2 hours and ended with another headache so I started working in the "spare room of dumping" to reorganize my jewelry making supplies. I didn't get too far and just shut the door and walked away when it was time for our afternoon walk.

Lili, I agree it's important to listen to our bodies. Mine is giving mixed signals though. Headaches and very low energy and drive but my hips and SI joints are so painful and achy right now bc I haven't been doing my PT exercises.

Cleda, those mats are expensive! I hope you end up being happy with them!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-24, 03:30 AM  
Helen

ugh - had to hit 'refresh' more than 50x!!

2-Fri - end-of-the-week sloth night, also SO HOT! DH took Alice out in the morning right after I left for work
3-Sat 90min dog walk, we got Alice out before the heat set in, but still managed a touch of sunburn on my shoulders - should have worn short sleeves.

CLEDA
• Your resolve, I think, was stronger than mine would have been if feeling sore.
• Sounds like the mat did for you what it's designed for - yay.
• So glad you were able to watch the video! Where he turns around at the red triangle sculpture... if you keep going that way, it's the walk between two beaches that Alice balks at. She'll come from the other end (closer to home) more readily. She won't go out along the break wall, so we turn of the path down to the beach & return along the sand. The video finishes at the start of that section, where it heads back to the cream building with the red roof.

LILI
• Aging has been hard for me - to embrace that harder workouts are NOT better, but WORSE - that a longer light aerobic something for cardio is actually BETTER for me. It's been a hard to mentally grapple with.
• With the heat we've had lately, 'cloudy cold' sounds like a wonderful walk! Hehe - but don't quote me on that during winter, ok?

VANNIE
• Well done for comitting to 'walk time'.
• If you don't feel well (as in a bit sick) REST!

Me
Been in the A/C since coming back from walking Alice with DH this morning - we returned in the shade behind a row of terrace houses (no water-view) JUST for the additional shade! House has been closed all day as hotter out than in, but now (7:20p) it's finally switched & just opened the windows & balcony door up there. At computer looking for something to do with Kathryn - who requested weights.

Kirrily (beginner buddy) came over today, but we decided against doing anything except chat (in the A/C) - she gave us a run-down on her 2-month holiday & gave her the stack of discs I'd burnt (20min weights with Cee & beginner step with Chri Dorner & Kat Gates)

Must go & find what we're doing, shall report (if the server lets me) afterwards.
ETA: Growing Annanas - Back to Basics - Day 10, no equipment, 20min