Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-23, 05:53 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Oh my gosh I can't believe how behind I am, probably the most behind since I joined this check in! I've been so busy with work, the holidays, and of course, working out

Since December 16-

Saturday 12/16-Youtube zumba warm up then Fuel Day 9 total body (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXet...P1ofQ&index=10) which I loved with the burpee ending. I feel like I am getting my HIIT fix with these Fuel total body workouts on Saturdays during this rotation!

Sunday 12/17-Ytoube warm up then Caroline Iron Day 10 back/bicep (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPxC...xymJ2&index=10) then Barlates TA Day 2 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvE4...53Nk_A&index=2) with stretch for a long tough 85 minute workout. I am really enjoying the mixing in of Barlates workouts here and there when I can.

Monday-Tuesday 12/18-12/19: Treadmill walk both days

Wednesday 12/20-Caroline Iron Day #11 legs and it was pretty much all lunges (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4_m...xymJ2&index=11) I wasn't as crazy about this one overall but it was fine.

Thursday 12/21-Treadmill 60 minute walk then Iron Day #12 chest/tricep (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hww8...xymJ2&index=12). I don't remember much about this one but I really enjoy Caroline's upper body workouts so I probably really liked it!

Friday 12/22-Treadmill 50 minute walk then Iron Day #13 posterior chain so back/glutes mostly (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQfJ...xymJ2&index=13). This workout is strange only because it is the only Iron workout that isn't total body, that combines upper/lower. Im just glad the back wasn't skipped over for the week, also, it made the glute work feel not as grueling so this one was a winner!

Saturday 12/23-Youtube cardio warm up then Fuel Day #14 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMiK...P1ofQ&index=15). This one was really tough but I liked it slightly less than the other Fuel total body workouts I've done so far because there weren't any burpees or plyos or anything mixed in, haha. Again I really like that HIIT feeling since I'm not getting it the other days in this current rotation.

Sunday this week-Youtube cardio warm up then Iron Day #15 shoulders, then Barlates "All about the Abs" series mat abs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFY4...sscAb&index=19). I needed a change from the Barlates TA add ons in part because I just didn't want to work my legs anymore!! So this one was still dynamic, somewhat total body but with an abs emphasis. I really liked it.

Monday-Tuesday-treadmill walks both days plus I mixed in a little yoga Monday and a little mobility on Tuesday.

Wednesday-youtube cardio warm up then Iron Day #16 hamstrings, then since I had time on my hands, a Barlates add on from her Firm 15 purchase only series (https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Fir...tz-p/z1305.htm) the 'lower' chapter which was great! Again, kind of TA feeling so a leg emphasis but also a lot of core.

Today-Treadmill 60 minute walk then Iron #17 all upper (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UFv...xymJ2&index=17) and again I love Caroline's upper body workouts so this was a winner. My hamstrings are really hurting from yesterday though

Eventmom and Buzzer I hope you both had a lovely merry Christmas, and about to have a happy New Year!! I had a really nice Christmas get together this year and didn't even go (too) crazy on food thank goodness.

Sorry I haven't been checking in either, I don't know what's been happening except each day is just jam packed and another few days have gone by and I forgot to check in, then another few days go by and I still haven't done it! So yes thank you Eventmom for keeping our check in active!!

Eventmom Great job keeping up on your TA workouts, and I haven't worked out with Gina B in a while but I still really love her stuff!

Buzzer It's been forever since I thought about DDP yoga but sounds like it's going good right now! For years I have had an intention to 'do more yoga' but that never translates. I have been leaning more towards just plain stretching, or mobility, above yoga more recently but I do love yoga when I get up to it. Today out the blue I was thinking "it would be nice to do hot (bikram) yoga again" I haven't done it in years.

Wow your trip to Hawaii sounds amazing!!
Old 12-29-23, 02:57 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA day 9 I'm so sick of this level. And the spotify ads are getting to me. Not sure I want to spend another say $15/month to cut them. Then I did TA DC from year 2.

ebianco - solid workouts especially with holiday gathering, family! I considering a week or so of lifting then back to TA.

hi buzzer and lucie!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-23, 09:58 AM  
Buzzer

Ran on treadmill for 2.5 miles.. DONE!
TTApp Hit the floor.. DONE!

I know this is one of the HTF's that has like tempo or harder or something like that after it, I just don't remember which one. It's great though! There are 3 sequences on the workout, each 30 minutes, and I am doing sequence 1. I like it because it has ladybug, which is a GIANT stretch, side stretches, and core. the stretches are feeling amazing (and hard!) and the core work is exactly what I need. I am trying to get my runs out of my calves and into my core, which is tough! I did a run yesterday that I was stressed about before I started, because it was 34 minutes. I've been keeping the runs 20-25 minutes. I slowed my pace (by .01, but believe it or not it was enough!) and did the whole run with only 3 breaks, one of which was becuase LB woke up and I talked to her. It was really good! I know I am running sooooooo slllloooowww, but it's good and I am at least doing it.

I did Ttapp afterwards, which is so good. It's a lot of stretching, although I don't think she is seeing at as stretching. I think she thinks she's doing core work, and I am using it to stretch! I need it though. I also heard that you can lower your blood pressure by stretching because the blood will flow more smoothly through your stretched rather than contracted muscles. So I am all about helping my heart out!!

Today I will run again, this time I think it's only 32 minutes I will go slow. My core hopefully is getting stronger, so the runs will get easier and I can start bringing up my speed.

I am noticing it's easier to breathe during my runs though! I used to feel like I was able to do more but not getting enough oxygen, now I feel like I'm getting plenty of oxygen, I just need my body more conditioned to keep up!!! I keep saying that my throat getting lipo has been one of the best things for me. I can't believe how well I can breathe! The only thing I don't like is that you have to get it done once a year to maintain the benefits, and it's PRICY. I thought it was permanent. So I have a year to save up... apparently my insurance only covers it one time So apparently even if you need it so your body doesn't strangle itself, you can't do it on insurance. They would be happy to take the money for your premiums then see you kick off because they don't cover your treatments.

anyhow, I will enjoy it for now. I do have a fat neck, so I am hoping that over this year I can condition myself, lose some weight, and get rid of some neck fat so I don't need the throat lipo next year!! It's nice to be able to breathe again though.

we met some friends yesterday to play. It was a gorgeous day! However the sun goes down too early. LB had a blast, we haven't been out to see friends in a long time.... so she was happy to have kids her age to play with. We've been camped in at the house for a while. I'm happy though! I have been reading books and cleaning the house. LB does need kids though. Today she is going to a neighbors house to watch a movie, eat snacks, and play. I just have to get back in the swing of, well, life. HA!

Oh man, we went to church on Christmas to the church just down the street from us. It was snowy and I didn't want to risk going into town. So anyhow, they have windows, but had them all blacked off with black paper so you couldn't see outside. It was dark. They took out the pews and replaced them with chairs, and we had basically the amount of room you have on an airplane in front of us. I kept hitting the person in front of me's coat whenever I moved. It was uncomfortable, dark, and felt like I was trapped in an airplane with all the windows closed. I would cross my legs and have to hold my foot in to avoid kicking the seat in front of me.

I looked back, they had even closed the doors. It's a small church, so I felt my brain just racing. It's hard to describe, it just feels like you are in a box, closed in and can't get out. It stinks to be claustrophobic, have a fear of heights, and an introvert I have heard that claustrophobia and fear of heights go hand in hand though. Although actually, I don't really have a fear of heights, I more have that feeling of woozy/dizzy/gonna fall when I get up more than a few feet in the air. Ever since LB was born I have more of a motion sickness and woozy at heights.

Anyhow, I told LB I was going out for coffee, and stood in the lobby area for about 10 minutes. I told myself I'd go in and get a chair and sit in the back, but when I went back into the church area, the chairs were all stacked high and I knew I'd make a big ruckus getting one. So I went back and sat with DH and LB but sat on the edge of the aisle seat next to them. I thought I would go crazy. Then the pastor started talking about anxiety, and the reason we have anxiety is because we haven't giving that part of our life to God. I kept looking at him thinking, are you nuts??? Fine, give it to God, but it's more of a chemical or brain misfire thing than just not giving it to God!!! Anyhow, church was awful. I was just scattered and kinda cranky for a few hours on Christmas after that, which sucks because it's CHRISTMAS!!!

So I got over it, but now every time I look at that church I get anxiety. So now I'm joking that I have a new anxiety, fear of that church DH said it's because they wanted it dark for candlelight services, however that was awful. I couldn't wait to get out of there, and probably looked like a crazy woman hysterical in the lobby waiting for DH to get the car, because I was telling my neighbor friend how crazy it was in there. I'm sure everyone in the lobby area was side eyeing me.

Sigh. So once again I am a nut job I don't know how DH and LB put up with me sometimes. Anyhow, I told you guys that story so you can laugh at me. I think it's kinda funny now, even though it makes my brain crazy to think of it again!!!

I will try to check in before the new year, however if I don't, have a great new years!!!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-23, 12:51 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to keep up better with my check ins

Yesterday-I was feeling on the tired side so just did 30 rather than 60 minutes on the treadmill then Iron #18 glutes (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN-z...xymJ2&index=19). I committed to just 50% but ended up doing the whole thing! I did sub some of my own barre work instead of some of her lunges but I did do all the hip thrusts which were numerous in the workout.

Today-youtube cardio warm up then Fuel Day #19 full body complexes (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAt8...P1ofQ&index=20) and four of those complexes included burpees (and one complex was just jacks and plank jacks) so extremely metabolic. I was sweating bullets! I am just so incredibly sore though LOL.

Tomorrow Iron Day #20 arms/core, then hopefully some kind of Barlates add on, then that wraps up week 4 of 6 for Iron!

Eventmom Oh no about the spotify ads! I pay the $15 or whatever for the youtube premium to avoid the adds since I use yt so much for exercise and music. I get it about these streaming/premium subscriptions really adding up though.

Buzzer Wow I'm glad you feel like you are breathing better! I can't believe the throat lipo only lasts for a year, and that insurance only covers one time! It's clearly medical and not vanity but I keep hearing insurance places are covering less and less It's really terrible.

The TTap sounds great as well!

I hope you both have a wonderful New Year if I don't remember to check in tomorrow!!
Old 12-31-23, 04:15 PM  
Buzzer

Ran 2.51 miles... DONE!

I did not take ANY breaks!!! I ran the whole time! It felt good. I backed off that .01 mph that I went up, and seriously it is making the difference. I am able to relax into the run and enjoy it. The run was a little over 30 minutes, and as intimidating as that was at first, I am doing really well with workouts around 30 minutes now. it was great!!

I didn't like the trainer. Stacey Clark. She is just.... I dunno. She yells, she says stupid things (like "get outta the way!" to some people in her path, then she tries to make it sound like she was saying it to us, "I mean, get out of your own way!") She doesn't really do history, does make some comments about the scenery, but she is dry, loud, and not very motivating. I turn her down low so I can hear if she says something good, but I spend more time watching the scenery.

Tomorrow I am planning on taking the day off since I will be at a hotel. We are going to my sisters house tonight for our Sisters Christmas, and all my nephews and niece will be there! It'll be a blast. So we got a hotel since it'll be done at 10 or 10:30pm and I don't want to drive home after.

I took Advil today because I am just getting achey. I know it's from the runs, and I can't figure out why it isn't getting better! So I finally broke down and took Advil.

Ebianco: for as much as we pay for insurance, even with my husbands work covering some of the monthly bills, it's so expensive! I'm surprised what they don't cover. I am supposed to get the mouth guard thing that will help reshape my mouth so I can breathe, however I still haven't seen any reimbursement from my previous treatments. We pay the dentist then the insurance reimburses us. I don't want to spend more until I know we have gotten some of the past treatment money back!!! Crazy. For what we pay, this should be covered 100%.

Anyhow, happy new year to all of you! I am reading that a new member was admitted on the GD, and Wwwendy has been logging in. I'm hoping we have a new years miracle and she posts saying she is back and wanting to save the site!!!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 01-01-24, 11:00 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Happy New Year!!

Yesterday I didn't have the stamina to do a Barlates add on but that's okay. I did some youtube cardio for warm up then Iron Day #20 triceps/biceps/core/abs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Xy...xymJ2&index=20). I figure there was enough core/abs and that's what I wanted to add on with Linda, plus with my stamina being low I decided that was enough. I did an extended stretch though.

Today (and hopefully tomorrow) 60 minute treadmill walks.

Eventmom waves!

Buzzer Your run sounds great! Are you able to go back to the trainer guy that you liked? or you're just trying out different ones to see what you might be missing?

I hear you about insurance. I guess it sounds cynical, but I feel like if you (the patient) pays up front for services, it is less incentive for the insurance to go back and reimburse, or it could be months later. But I have had that with the dentist too and they do go back and pay (months later ). I really hope you get the back payments soon!!

So glad to hear Wwwendy is logging in! I haven't been keeping up with GD much these days but I truly hope VF goes in a positive direction again!!
Old 01-01-24, 05:53 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Happy New Year

Saturday – Day 10 of this TA level + 20 in of Kari Anderson Sweat
Sunday – essentrics 30 min stretch + about 10 minutes of ravi & ana
Today – Joyce Vedral Bottoms Up Gold Plus (BUG+) lower body & back and 10 minute tamilee stretch

I guess I decided I needed a change and JV is certainly different from TA!

Buzzer – I’ve never done any of the HITT workouts but they are on youtube so maybe I’ll give one a try. I’ve got brain body fitness I think it’s call which is floor work. Wow on the lipo somehow I didn’t realize it was lipo for your throat. But it’s awesome that it has helped. Yes I’m sure if you lose weight you can help address the issue. Sorry the church service was like that. Honestly the last time I was in a church was for a funeral and the minister was everything I hate about evangelical Christianity all rolled up into one. I stopped donating clothes to their close closet. I have no idea why anyone would find comfort or anything Christ-like in what he said.

Ebianco – on spotify I need to see what DD has for a membership maybe we can share a family membership or something but the solo price for it just was more than I was interested in spending. And my note app (evernote) is ‘free’ but they changed the model and started locking down my access but they want $80 a year. I’d pay 80 on time but these constant subscriptions annoy me.

hi Lucie!
Old 01-02-24, 12:44 AM  
lgk

Good evening, Ladies,
Hope everybody is doing well -
Happy New Year! Wishing you all a healthy, happy, fit, joyous year ahead.
I hope I can check in again. So sorry to have been absent, but hope to be part of the check in again, missed everybody.
It’s good to be back!

Vous pouvez sortir Mademoiselle de Paris, mais vous ne pouvez pas sortir Paris de Mademoiselle.
The ball is round, a game lasts 90 minutes, everything else is pure theory. Off we go!

Passionate about Kundalini Yoga and Running.
Berlin Marathon - September 28, 2008.
lgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-24, 12:26 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Joyce BUG+ upper body (chest, shoulders, bis, tris) 15 min Karen Voight Cardio

lucie - Hi! great that you're back. As you can see, we're all getting in workouts of some kind.

waves to ebianco and buzzer!
Old 01-02-24, 02:52 PM  
Buzzer

Ran 2.25 miles.. DONE!
Ttapp hit the floor I've been doing... DONE!

Eventmom: I think the HTF is a brain body fitness. It has an opening of BBF, so I am assuming it's the same floor work you are referring to. I like it because it has some great stretches and some ab work! It's fun! I do like it. I need both the stretches and the abs!

The throat lipo really is lipo!!Too bad it isn't visible. HA! It shrinks the tissue in my throat so the opening is bigger. I am really feeling the difference! I feel like my breath is there now, however the fitness isn't so I'm working on that. I have to have it re-done in a year, so I am hoping I can take advantage of the year of shrunken tissue and lose some weight. I think it's been a cycle so far of wanting to get in shape/can't breathe/body has limits without oxygen and breath/can't get in shape/want to get in shape.

So my goal is to keep running, trying to lose some weight, and get my own breath naturally before next year! I guess kinda a new years resolution I suppose. I hate resolutions, but this one I almost feel like is a battle for my pocketbook and life!

I don't know if you remember the big church battle up here, where we got blamed for exposing the family that was living in the parsonage at the church. They would pay less rent/no rent, so we as parishioners would be paying for them. They also had parents and grandparents that were church elders, which is illegal. They were living off our church donations, and then refused to leave when we needed the parsonage for a real Pastor to come in and lead the church. It lead to the church closing, us being demonized for pointing it out since people in the community saw us as attacking them instead of them doing something illegal and stealing people's money. It was crazy. I don't have warm feelings for this church anyhow, now it makes me feel claustrophobic too. HA! Maybe it's just the bad energy there that was repelling me. We go to another church regularly, so I don't plan to be back there. Churches are fine, it's the people that are the problem. That's my opinion!

Ebianco: The trainer I like hasn't been in Hawaii. Which is too bad, because I really don't like these other trainers! I went through today and found some other trainers that have run through Hawaii, and I scheduled them so I can get away from these two. Now that I know I am OK running over 30 minutes, I have scheduled some in the 40+ minute range, and giving myself permission to walk if I want for part of it. I just want to go through Hawaii, especially the big island since that's where we'll be! I just don't look forward to doing it with these two. HA! They're awful!

Lucie: It's so good to see you again! We have kept you going here at the check in, so stick with us whenever you can!!

Happy New Year everyone! So far it's been good. I slept horribly at the hotel. I heard both dogs snoring, the toilets in other rooms flushing that sounded like a giant piece of metal falling followed by 5 gallons of water whooshing behind the wall... it wasn't bad, but when I was asleep it all kept me awake. I slept like crazy and hard last night though to make up for it!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14