Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-01-22, 02:19 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Absolutely killer floorwork routine!!

Ok, The Firm Volume 1 is no joke when it comes to floorwork. It just absolutely slayed me. I’m writing this laying down unable to move. I think I’ll just stay here for awhile until my soul returns to my body. I haven’t done any Firms in awhile but am trying to do more floorwork because of my bad knee. I forgot how tough this routine is!! How is it possible that it almost killed me and I didn't even do the aerobic weight training part!! I’m dripping in sweat!

So please tell me….What is your most effective floorwork routine for increasing strength?
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-22, 08:45 PM  
Karla25

I think you just did it If you have Vol. 2, 3 or 5 one of them might be a better starting point. I also like The Hare’s floorwork.

A Jessica Smith floor workout:

https://youtu.be/ukt7H3GTgIU

Here’s the Body Electric floor workout:
https://youtu.be/RzDSQlJ3o0g

Other Margaret Richard:

https://youtu.be/R4xwMBHvtwU

https://youtu.be/_GuHO5USBdA

Here’s one with Denise Austin:
https://youtu.be/bWe8e3y6SFE
Old 12-01-22, 09:01 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Karla- Thank you!! I can't do Jessica Smith workouts for some reason. However, I just saved all the Margaret Richard ones to a playlist! I'm trying to be more modern and not be so reluctant to do YouTube videos! I did try YouTube videos in the past but ads starting playing in the middle of the workouts! So annoying!! But, these look really good and I will definitely try them! Regarding the Denise Austin one, I checked and I actually have that workout!! I never did it because when I viewed it, the first part looked exhausting and was high impact!! I never made it to the floorwork part and didn't know it was there! Thanks again!!
Old 12-02-22, 02:36 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I don't find endless reps of floorwork to be very effective for me. I do floorwork most evenings if I'm watching TV. However I only do about 2 sets of 12 (with ankle weights) of inner and outer thighs, and some table work. Because I don't kill myself I can do it more often.
Old 12-02-22, 07:05 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
I don't find endless reps of floorwork to be very effective for me. I do floorwork most evenings if I'm watching TV. However I only do about 2 sets of 12 (with ankle weights) of inner and outer thighs, and some table work. Because I don't kill myself I can do it more often.
Yes, I always hated floor work with a passion. However, I switched to body weight only strength workouts and floorwork and have gotten the best strength results. I am anti-diet and I don't work out to change my body. So, it was pretty shocking to see these results! But, everyone has to do what works for them! I like how you include it in small amounts. Nice!
Old 12-02-22, 07:11 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

I'm finding that Ballet Beautiful workouts have KILLER floor work. Like, I'm shouting at the TV and Mary Helen Bowers whilst she's sweetly killing me.

Congrats on your results, BTW!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-22, 07:26 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
I'm finding that Ballet Beautiful workouts have KILLER floor work. Like, I'm shouting at the TV and Mary Helen Bowers whilst she's sweetly killing me.

Congrats on your results, BTW!!
Oh, thank you! Yeah, it's nice to have improved strength!!

I have heard that about her workouts! Which one is your favorite as I saw that there were a bunch? Although, she is certainly every bit the image of a prima ballerina so that might annoy me!!
Old 12-02-22, 07:34 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini2874 View Post
Oh, thank you! Yeah, it's nice to have improved strength!!

I have heard that about her workouts! Which one is your favorite as I saw that there were a bunch? Although, she is certainly every bit the image of a prima ballerina so that might annoy me!!
I just recently acquired a bunch of her DVDs and have been slowly working my way through so I can't say yet which my favorite is, hah! I'll report back when I figure that out. All I know is they all hurt (so good).

I will say it seems in her later videos she's a bit more natural and relaxed than in earlier ones. She is very graceful and lovely and endearing really, so don't let the prima thing turn you off.

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-22, 07:52 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Kittybug- Ok, I'll try not too!!! haha Please check back in after you go through them and let me know a good one to get! Thank you!!
Old 12-02-22, 07:58 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I don't really do that type of exercise, but I have to admit that Mary Helen is elegance personified. Oh to be able to move like she can.

Tags
ballet beautiful, essentrics, firm volume 1, floor work, floorwork