Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-22, 08:58 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, I did do the SS Pilates ring workout today! I think she only has one, so I'm guessing it was the same. I did another of her workouts before - that one was more challenging.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jk2q5LVnBw

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-22, 10:06 AM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Pam- Unfortunately, the dvds that have other instructors don't have the best sets. Sahara has several but I hate that windowed warehouse. Yuck. I know I shouldn't care about the set but, for some reason, I do.
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-22, 10:41 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday! We had a full day of rain yesterday so I stayed in catching up, starting on Christmas and of course, reading. For exercise I accomplished:

~ Yes2Next 10 Minute Toilet Paper Workout
~ SeniorShape One Dumbbell Strength Workout
~ Kassandra Root Chakra Yin Yoga & Affirmations
~ 2,975 steps

I fell upon the toilet paper workout when looking for 10 minute routines on Yes2Next. You use packaged rolls - think Mr. Whipple squeezing the Charmin. It was a hoot! I also liked Lauren's one dumbbell workout, very efficient in 12 minutes. The yin routine required many modifications, but I made it work for me right now.

I have to get going on Christmasing - waves to all and enjoy the remainder of your weekend!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-22, 12:40 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini2874 View Post
Pam- Unfortunately, the dvds that have other instructors don't have the best sets. Sahara has several but I hate that windowed warehouse. Yuck. I know I shouldn't care about the set but, for some reason, I do.
Actually Body Sculpting Series 1 with Sahra and both Body Sculpting Series 2 & Stretch Series Vol 1 with Gayle, Meg, & Amanda all have lovely outdoor settings. I subscribe to ETV & do mainly the live workouts with newer instructors.

Beth & Pat - I’ll have to try that one dumbell workout sometime. I’ve done several of her strength workouts with weights but not that one.

Pat - That toilet paper workout sounds hilarious!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-22, 03:32 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today is a rest day from formal exercise. I went to 3 markets and will doing batch cooking/food prep for the week.

Yesterday DH and I went to our daughter's house for our grandson's 4th birthday party. It was cute to see how happy he was opening his presents and smiling looking at everyone while we sang happy birthday to him.

Pat and Pam, in the Holiday Gift Exchange thread, I loved reading about Pam's secret Santa gifts to Pat and hearing the joy in Pat's heart about it!

Pam, Pat and Beth, I have never had a pilates ring. Can't you use a ball instead of a pilates ring for most of the exercises? Does a pilates ring make that big of a difference compared to a ball?

Pat, thank you for the link to the SeniorShape One Dumbbell workout--I bookmarked it!

Gemini, I like the workouts Pam mentioned (Body Sculpting Series 1 with Sahra and both Body Sculpting Series 2 & Stretch Series Vol 1 with Gayle, Meg, & Amanda).

Beth, I'm curious about your mom's Barbie ornament collection too.

Sandra, I like your rain hat!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-22, 09:53 PM  
cyana

Quick wave before the week-end is totally gone!

The Breville showed up on Friday. DH and I got it unboxed, washed, and ran the test cycle. Now to decide what to cook to break it in with - decisions, decisions.

I did my morning stretching routine, sat out on the porch and had coffee while meditating in the early morning sunshine (bundled up with a throw, so it wasn't bad). Unfortunately, I drifted off and took a nap this afternoon instead of getting out for a walk. Oops!

Gemini - Welcome! That floor routine in Firm Volume 1 is brutal - which could be why I haven't done it in years. No Christmas decorations out here yet. I have a cat, so no tree. I have several Christmas decorations that I got from my mom's house, and I put those out.

Beth - Welcome back. Glad you had safe travels and a nice visit with your family.

Sandra - That's a cool rain hat! I've always thought a TRX would be fun to try but don't have anywhere to install one.

Paine - I'm glad your grandson finally got to have his birthday party.

Pat - I can't wait to try the toilet paper work-out - you know I'm always up for a good dose of humor.

Pam - I read about Pat's Secret Santa gift - how thoughtful. Sounds like you have fun holiday plans coming up.

Time to wind it down for the evening. Waves to ALL!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-22, 09:58 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, yes, I would think a Pilates ball would work for most of the things you use the Pilates ring for. The ring provides more resistance and is a bit more of a balance challenge.

Pat, I sent that toilet paper workout to my mom! I think she might enjoy it.

Today I did a tough kettlebell workout, Kettlebell Way to Your Perfect Body, Vol 1. I only did 8 segments (out of 14), but I was proud I did that much! I looked up Beth Chamberlain, the soap opera actress who co-lead the routine with Anthony DiLuglio. Turns out she now owns a kettlebell fitness center!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-22, 02:07 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

A quick fly by….

Today was a rest & recovery day of sorts….
~Neighbourhood walk, 8,700 steps
~SeniorShape: Yoga Ball

Waves to all, back to chat tomorrow!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-22, 06:30 AM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Pam- I just bought the Body Sculpting 1 and 2 at the last Essentrics sale! It was sold as a 2 pack. Haven’t opened it up yet. Glad to hear there are nice backgrounds!! Thanks!
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-22, 10:45 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Margaret's Triple Threat (20 minutes of Upper Body selections)
Jackie's Essentrics class

I had a good workout this morning with Margaret's upper body workout and Jackie's Essentrics class. I feel like I have a good start to my week!

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote