Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-22, 09:03 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini2874 View Post
Lori- Nice! Which Denise ones did you get?
Denise's Personal Training System (I think that's the name?)
Fat-Blasting Yoga (looks tough!)
Quick Burn Cardio (which I used to have and traded away regretfully, harder than it appears if I am remembering correctly)
Daily Dozen
Fit in a Flash

I can't believe I used to think these were too easy! Many thanks to you for reviving my love for Denise!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-22, 09:33 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
Denise's Personal Training System (I think that's the name?)
Fat-Blasting Yoga (looks tough!)
Quick Burn Cardio (which I used to have and traded away regretfully, harder than it appears if I am remembering correctly)
Daily Dozen
Fit in a Flash

I can't believe I used to think these were too easy! Many thanks to you for reviving my love for Denise!
Holy cow! Look at you go!! A lot of those are tough workouts!!! I’m impressed!!!! I have to psyche myself up for fat blasting yoga because it’s her hardest yoga workout! That’s why I like her Power Yoga, Hot Body Yoga, and Yoga Booty Lift!!! I’m a wimp!! Hahaha Her pilates ones are pretty good too and I like Shape Up and Shed pounds for a low impact dance workout. But, I mostly like the second workout on there because it’s a total body body weight only strength workout! You might like her Bootcamp workouts because those are pretty tough as well!! It’s so nice to be able to talk instructors!!
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-22, 05:11 AM  
mimikz

This thread has me missing Denise's daily show.

My Cyber Monday buy might not seem exercise related but for me it so is. It's a vacuum. One of my dogs is a 365 shedder. She's like Charlie Brown's Pigpen, only with fur not dirt. Floor work and fur don't mix...

I splurged big on a Miele cordless. My Miele stick vac is 20 years old and still hanging in there, but this is my Christmas present for myself. All wood floors in my little house so this works. Tried it yesterday and love it. Thanks Santa

M
mimikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-22, 06:27 AM  
dlb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar rose View Post
dlb - if you'd like to share - which subscriptions did you cancel? Just wondering...
Barre3
PVolve

Nothing wrong with either - just did not use enough.
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-22, 06:31 AM  
dlb

I have the app as well & not sure if I will sign up for the All Access. I'm not competitive at all unless it's Baggos . When Peleton sent me a questionaire - I voiced my opinion on the cost. I will be the only person using the bike & cannot justify the cost
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-22, 09:40 AM  
Rhonda

[QUOTE=LindaL;2983424]I had a list of things I wanted to check out, but in the end I stuck with what I know I like.

I was tempted to get the Peloton bike, but could not reconcile the monthly fee when I've been using the app since 2017 for around $12 a month. Also, I get too competitive with stuff like leader boards and end up pushing myself too much. At some point I'd like to just get a good used bike. I still use my old Johnny G spin bike that I bought off QVC for like $100 back in the early 2000s.

I didn't buy anything this year but just had to comment that I also still have the Johnny G bike and use it. I have the peloton App and use the treadmill more than bike. Not sure why but I like walking/jogging better than biking. I will be an app user probably forever as I am not a competitive person but feel if I did get their equipment I would be doing too much trying to stay on top.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-22, 11:14 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini2874 View Post
Holy cow! Look at you go!! A lot of those are tough workouts!!! I’m impressed!!!! I have to psyche myself up for fat blasting yoga because it’s her hardest yoga workout! That’s why I like her Power Yoga, Hot Body Yoga, and Yoga Booty Lift!!! I’m a wimp!! Hahaha Her pilates ones are pretty good too and I like Shape Up and Shed pounds for a low impact dance workout. But, I mostly like the second workout on there because it’s a total body body weight only strength workout! You might like her Bootcamp workouts because those are pretty tough as well!! It’s so nice to be able to talk instructors!!
Aww, thanks!! I *LOVE* Shape Up and Shed Pounds, one of my favorite workouts for those exact reasons. I don't think I could do her pilates workouts, they look TOUGH. I do have a couple of her bootcamp workouts too and I need to put them into my "Denise December" rotation!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-22, 01:58 PM  
warriorprincess

I bought a year subscription to the Alltrails app that was on a half price sale.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-22, 03:30 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

[QUOTE=Rhonda;2983495]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL View Post
I had a list of things I wanted to check out, but in the end I stuck with what I know I like.

I was tempted to get the Peloton bike, but could not reconcile the monthly fee when I've been using the app since 2017 for around $12 a month. Also, I get too competitive with stuff like leader boards and end up pushing myself too much. At some point I'd like to just get a good used bike. I still use my old Johnny G spin bike that I bought off QVC for like $100 back in the early 2000s.

I didn't buy anything this year but just had to comment that I also still have the Johnny G bike and use it. I have the peloton App and use the treadmill more than bike. Not sure why but I like walking/jogging better than biking. I will be an app user probably forever as I am not a competitive person but feel if I did get their equipment I would be doing too much trying to stay on top.
I feel the same. That Johnny G bike has stood the test of time! I hardly ever do a bike workout anymore because I really like the tread workouts. Jon Hosking is my current favorite, but I like some of Suzie Chan's workouts, too. DD told me that Alex's next tread workout will be on 12/8. His Thanksgiving run was awesome. I also like the strength and meditation classes Peloton offers. DD uses the strength workouts just about every day. She loves Jess Sims' and Robin Arzon's short weight workouts.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-22, 04:53 PM  
sherry7899

I did not buy anything fitness related! I ordered from Jockey-they had a special for nine pairs of underwear for $30 with free shipping-a boring but necessary purchase.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black friday, black friday sale, cyber monday