Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-30-22, 02:24 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Nothing fitness related here either, as I already bought a yoga ball at the Cathe "intro to equipment" sale, but we did buy a Roomba. My expectations aren't all that high, but if it gets at least some of the cat hair up I will be pretty happy. Not sure how the residents will react to it, so that in itself might be worth the price!

I bought pretty much all the CVG leggings at the sale price awhile ago (and I do mean ALL), so now I'm waiting for the newer ones to go on sale. I did buy the Spookitty ones for Halloween at full price. I would have never have heard of this brand if it wasn't for the enablers here, so thanks, I think... Mickey12, hope you like your purchase! I haven't tried the shorts as I think they may be too short for me, so I'll be anxious to read what you think of them.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-22, 02:31 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

I bought a KCM workout called Body Training from Mary. That's it....sadly. I was 99% there to buying a rebounder but the one recommended by an experienced exerciser was just out of my budget. So, I'll have to keep saving up for that one.
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-22, 07:18 PM  
red1013

I got four DVD's from Cathe's website:

XTrain Bi's & Tri's
XTrain Chest, Back & Shoulders
Terminator
Step, Jump & Pump + Step Blast

Never really considered the Terminator DVD but it was only $8.
Old 11-30-22, 07:40 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1013 View Post

Never really considered the Terminator DVD but it was only $8.
I picked up Ab Hits and Total body trisets for the same reason during Cathe BF sales and happy I did!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-22, 07:45 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlb View Post
Peleton had what I thought was a good deal on a package, so I ordered

A Bike - it arrives Friday.

Hugger Mugger Seat Cushion

A couple pairs of tennis shoes

I cancelled a couple of online subscriptions that I barely used last year.
Love my Peloton classes. I use the app.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-22, 09:24 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Just ordered some used Denise Austin (thanks Gemini!) and Rodney Yee DVDs at Mary's. I had been wavering on getting Tonique Sunrise but decided that I really was only interested in the Hawaii setting. Then a Rodney DVD popped up in the "You may be interested in" section. I took that as a sign. Sold!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-22, 09:28 AM  
sugar rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlb View Post
Peleton had what I thought was a good deal on a package, so I ordered

A Bike - it arrives Friday.

Hugger Mugger Seat Cushion

A couple pairs of tennis shoes

I cancelled a couple of online subscriptions that I barely used last year.
dlb - if you'd like to share - which subscriptions did you cancel? Just wondering...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

William Shakespeare, Hamlet
sugar rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-22, 01:57 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

I had a list of things I wanted to check out, but in the end I stuck with what I know I like.

I was tempted to get the Peloton bike, but could not reconcile the monthly fee when I've been using the app since 2017 for around $12 a month. Also, I get too competitive with stuff like leader boards and end up pushing myself too much. At some point I'd like to just get a good used bike. I still use my old Johnny G spin bike that I bought off QVC for like $100 back in the early 2000s.

Two sets of neoprene weights on Amazon on Cyber Monday - 10s and 12s. My old 10s are round and plastic and I don't have 12s.

Asics running shoes on Cyber Monday.

Cathe Live downloads - the Burn Sets workouts, Bootcamp, and Push Pull that she did during lockdown where it's just Cathe and no background exercisers.

Continued my subscriptions for Sculpt Society and Essentrics. I'm still thinking about trying Ellen Barrett at some point. She didn't have any specials, but her streaming is so affordable that I'll just wait for when I need a change.

Tried and canceled: Barre Intensity. They had a great deal on a yearly subscription for $100 with a 7-day trial. Linda from Barlates raves about it and posts on Instagram that she does their workouts several days a week. The workouts I tried were way too frantic for me. I like barre to be mellow and relaxing.

Purchased last Black Friday and did not renew:

Barre3
Mark Lauren
Pilates by Lisa
Asana Rebel
Tavis Eliot Inner Dimension

Overall, I'm happy with what I purchased. I got sucked in by the marketing and signed up for Les Mills several months ago when they were having a deal at $70 for the year. I don't use it enough to renew it, but it's nice to have something different once in a while. I also still have Beachbody from before Black Friday, but I'm not sure what happens next year when it turns to Bodi. I don't use it very much, but do enjoy doing Liift, Barre, and other workouts everyone now and then.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-22, 03:37 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
Just ordered some used Denise Austin (thanks Gemini!) and Rodney Yee DVDs at Mary's. I had been wavering on getting Tonique Sunrise but decided that I really was only interested in the Hawaii setting. Then a Rodney DVD popped up in the "You may be interested in" section. I took that as a sign. Sold!
Lori- Nice! Which Denise ones did you get?
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-22, 07:47 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

I ordered a JumpSport rebounder to replace the one my sister borrowed. I’m still wavering about getting a FitBit that is on sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Nothing fitness related here either, as I already bought a yoga ball at the Cathe "intro to equipment" sale, but we did buy a Roomba. My expectations aren't all that high, but if it gets at least some of the cat hair up I will be pretty happy. Not sure how the residents will react to it, so that in itself might be worth the price!
I bought my first Roomba to help with the cat hair under the bed. It worked pretty well when I ran it frequently and kept up with cleaning the Roomba. After a couple of runs, my cats lost interest in it.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black friday, black friday sale, cyber monday