Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-28-22, 03:15 PM  
dianestjohn

This is an interesting discussion. I don't feel at all like I'm not keeping up with my many Youtube instructors if I don't do all the workouts they post. I love to categorize and organize things so I have about 15 categories for "saved videos" (1 per instructor) on Youtube and every morning I get up and am very excited to see what's new with the various instructors I follow; I preview them quickly and if I like them I add them to my saved lists. Then at night when I work out I take great pleasure in deciding first, How intense, and then picking the Very, Somewhat, or Mildly instructor that fits that category, then I decide how long I want to work out and then if I want to do HIIT, kettlebells, step, upper body, etc., and choose accordingly. My husband says I sometimes take more time choosing a workout that doing it LOL. I really have fun perusing all the offerings. I will never get through all my lists, especially Burpee Girl and Brian Syuki who are both so prolific, but I just like having them all at the ready :-)
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-22, 08:14 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianestjohn View Post
LOL, that was probably Bodyfit by Amy? On Saturday mornings she does have her kids with her for a minute or so at the intro to her workouts (dressed up in costumes and a little raucous sometimes) but the other workouts she posts during the week she is by herself. She is one of my favorite instructors because her workouts for me are challenging without being overwhelming. But if Caroline Girvan is one of your favorites you might find Amy not challenging enough :-)
Lol. That sounds right. I do admittedly have a very low tolerance for certain kids. Haha. This is why I love YouTube though. There’s something for everyone and every level as long as you can find it. Fit by Julia or whatever her channel is called has kids that pop in and out but they don’t bother me at all so I don’t just dislike kids. Maybe I should give Amy another chance.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-22, 09:55 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

YouTube can be overwhelming. Before I chose a workout I decide what I want to do….upper body, lower body, full body, cardio, Pilates, or yoga…and how long I want the workout to be. That narrows it down a lot.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-22, 10:39 PM  
ChelePA

I had a similar reaction when I joined the Peloton app. Thousands of classes offered in many different areas with multiple instructors. I spent more time previewing classes than actually working out. Ha ha. The best thing I did for my exercise ADD was to start following a calendar created by a fellow Peloton member. It can be so overwhelming, especially when new workouts are posted daily so I completely understand.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-22, 09:46 AM  
Negin

I just unsubscribed from both of the Burpee Girl channels. I love her workouts. Too many videos. I'll will visit her page from time to time, whenever I feel like doing a workout, or, better yet, just add her name to my rotations and see what appeals to me. I do those with anyone who posts excessively. Instant turn-off. I've had friends on Facebook who would post throughout the day. I don't unfriend them. I just unfollow. The only exception to the rule on YouTube is Dr. Dray. I don't watch most of her videos, but I do watch those that appeal to me. She knows her stuff, and so it's worth it.
Old 11-29-22, 04:57 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I have so many dvds that I tend to ignore youtube. However I do like Caroline Girvan and Lift with Cee. Right now I have a lot of dvds I need to spend time with so I concentrate on those.
Old 11-30-22, 11:29 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
I have so many dvds that I tend to ignore youtube. However I do like Caroline Girvan and Lift with Cee. Right now I have a lot of dvds I need to spend time with so I concentrate on those.
This is me, so many DVDs that I TRY to ignore YouTube but VFers are just as good at enabling YT use as they are buying DVDs!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burpee girl, prolific instructors, too many choices, too many options, variety, youtube, youtube channels