Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-22, 10:25 PM  
bfit

I've found Target sheets to be OK, but you have to get the ones with a higher thread count and not the cheapest ones. Also, I've gotten good sheets at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, but I don't know if those stores exist any more. The one in my town closed.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-22, 01:27 AM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit View Post
I've found Target sheets to be OK, but you have to get the ones with a higher thread count and not the cheapest ones. Also, I've gotten good sheets at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, but I don't know if those stores exist any more. The one in my town closed.
I had purchased some decent sheet sets at Bed, Bath & Beyond in the past but I was in a BB&B store in the past year or so and I happened to walk by the sheet aisle and I think there was just their store brand and they didn't have washed pillowcase samples out anymore so you couldn't touch and feel them and I had never heard of their house brand. Frankly, the sheet section was rather barren and I was sort of shocked.

At Target, at least I'm familiar with the Threshold brand, etc. I think I have a couple Threshold jersey sheet sets. And amazon basics has a good jersey sheet set, too. Sometimes I'm just in the mood to "sleep in my tees". Other people hate jersey sheets.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-22, 07:17 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
I had purchased some decent sheet sets at Bed, Bath & Beyond in the past but I was in a BB&B store in the past year or so and I happened to walk by the sheet aisle and I think there was just their store brand and they didn't have washed pillowcase samples out anymore so you couldn't touch and feel them and I had never heard of their house brand. Frankly, the sheet section was rather barren and I was sort of shocked.
Same with our Bed, Bath & Beyond. Disappointing!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-22, 08:58 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Same with our Bed, Bath & Beyond. Disappointing!

Carol
As a follow-up to my earlier comment about the dearth of sheets in our local BB&B...

I happened to be in that same BB&B today for the first time in ages to pick up something small in order to use up the rest of a gift card and they were having a going out of business sale (for that location). We have a couple other BB&B locations somewhat nearby and I'm curious if they're going out of business too.
Old 12-01-22, 11:25 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Sheet shopping makes me very cranky because on top of trying to find affordable, quality options, I'm looking for cooling fabrics like percale and I haven't used a top sheet since college so would rather not buy sets.

Bed Bath and Beyond is pretty much the only retailer who offered all of the above in their Heartland brand. (The fitted sheet even had tabs along the edges indicating top/bottom and side--nice touch!) When I went back to get more, the Heartland line had been dc'ed (because of course it had) and as adawn said, there were a lot of empty shelves. The stores are really in trouble apparently and are not restocking for the holidays in addition to closing more locations.

To combat the "set syndrome" I recently bought a small sewing machine with the idea that if I'm forced to buy sets, at least I can sew two flat sheets together to make a duvet cover. I'm terrible at sewing, but three straight lines should be doable

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-22, 08:26 PM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

I'm very curious. What do you use in place of top sheets and how often does it need washing?

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-22, 09:36 PM  
BunnyHop

In the thrill of the moment I bought myself new purses. Just could not resist the pretty color!! I love the color green, and lucked into some at TJ Maxx and Marshalls by Patricia Nash in a color they call Spring Green. Really pretty.

One's a crossbody bag, one's a wristlet and the other is a (heavy) gigantic tote with a zipper top. Between the three, I think I'm set.

I've never bought purses at the same time like this, but I do like the fact that there's a consistency of style and quality.

The gigantic tote mostly lives in my car with the extra stuff I can't bear to be without, which makes it easy to transfer my wallets to the crossbody bag for everyday use. The crossbody's not quite big enough to hold my phone, but I make it work. Guess I need to winnow down my wallet duo and make it some space, but I'm holding off on that for now.
Old 12-01-22, 10:36 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
Sheet shopping makes me very cranky because on top of trying to find affordable, quality options, I'm looking for cooling fabrics like percale and I haven't used a top sheet since college so would rather not buy sets.
My favorite percale sheets (LLBean's 280-Thread-Count Pima Cotton Percale Sheets) also come as separates. They are a little pricey (everything's relative though I guess) but wear really well so last many, many years (at least for me). I try to buy when there's a sitewide sale going on.

Link to just a fitted sheet: https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/64157
Link for a set of pillowcases: https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/64158
Old 12-02-22, 11:29 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer R View Post
I'm very curious. What do you use in place of top sheets and how often does it need washing?
I use a lightweight duvet cover and change it out once a week along with the fitted sheets and pillowcases. I started doing it in college when I found some cute duvet covers at Ikea and it was so much quicker to make the bed. I'm a hot sleeper anyway so removing that extra layer helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
My favorite percale sheets (LLBean's 280-Thread-Count Pima Cotton Percale Sheets) also come as separates. They are a little pricey (everything's relative though I guess) but wear really well so last many, many years (at least for me). I try to buy when there's a sitewide sale going on.

Link to just a fitted sheet: https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/64157
Link for a set of pillowcases: https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/64158
Thank you!!!

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-22, 02:44 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Update

Thanks again for all the helpful replies!

It was hard to find Full size sheets in the discount stores.

I bought some Laura Ashley flannel sheets in the "Victoria Beige" pattern on sale at Amazon. They are very pretty.

I'm trying them out tonight.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bedding, off topic, off-topic, sheets