Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-22, 09:14 PM  
sherry7899

I know you live in a warm climate and would not use these but I treated myself to Laura Ashley flannel sheets when Kohl's had them on sale and I had a coupon. I love them! I a sure their regular sheets would be great quality also. I think Macy's has them on sale often I actually found a set for a great price on.Amazon of the Queen flannel sheets for $40.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-22, 08:21 AM  
sherry7899

Alta, I just checked Macy's site and they have a great (early!) Black Friday sale on Laura Ashley sheets (and likely other brands as well). They have some Queen sets for $39.99 that are regularly $100.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-22, 08:48 AM  
cttx31

Back in 2021 we got a new mattress and instead of getting a king we got two XL twin mattresses. So we needed XL twin sheets which are hard to find.

Pretty price, but we sprung for Land's End "400 Thread Count Premium Supima Cotton No Iron Sateen". We are very happy with this purchase! After all it's something you spend a lot of time in and they should last for years. 100% cotton and very soft!
cttx31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-22, 11:25 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Thanks, everyone!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-22, 09:37 PM  
carly

Perfect timing. I received a brochure/lookbook for Pratesi (Linens) in the mail today. Beautiful selection. I figured I can purchase a set of sheets plus duvet and shams for $5500.

https://pratesi.com/

What I don't understand is why they include such a detailed care guide for their linens? If I pay this much I'm going to use a private linen service to take care of my sheets.

https://pratesi.com/pages/care-guide-bed-linen
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-22, 01:21 AM  
adawn
VF Supporter

If you're into 100% cotton percale (I love percale in the spring/summer!), I find LLBean's percale (solid colors) sheet sets to be the best (and I've tried several brands over the years).

They're these 280-Thread-Count Pima Cotton Percale Sheet Set

They also have matching duvet covers if you need that.

They last FOREVER and only feel better with time. Wirecutter also has them as a top pick for percale and I concur. But they are a bit wrinkly if you're used to smoother sheets.

I only usually buy from LLBean when they have a sale like 15% your purchase, and since they are so durable, sheets I only have to buy if my bed changes sizes (a couple years ago I switched to a full-size bed so had to get all new bedding which was annoying and expensive).

If you prefer a slightly silkier, sateen feel (also less prone to wrinkles), I have two 100% cotton sateen picks, one cheap and one more expensive and actually there's not a huge difference in feel--there's a difference, but one isn't 2x-3x better or something so you're not missing much if you go with #1:

1. JCPenney's Wrinkle Guard 400TC Cotton Sheet Set

I never shop at JCPenney (Kohl's and other places but JCP has never been my thing and now most of the JCP brick and mortar stores around here are gone anyway) but Wirecutter ratings led me to these and so I ordered them online for my mom who greatly prefers sateen to percale. Not many color options but cheap and always be sure to use a coupon code.
Also of note, if you need an extra pack of matching pillowcases, they DON'T price gouge you, which is unusual among sheet sets.

2. A bit lighter weight (but still durable) is Wirecutter's upgrade sateen pick from Cuddledown: https://www.cuddledown.com/itemdy00....5239+100+31+01

My mom has one of the JCP sets and several of the Cuddledown. She likes them both about the same but yes, the Cuddledown is a smidgen lighter feeling.

Always buy during a Cuddledown sale or try to use a coupon code. Sometimes they even have free shipping with the sale, often not though. Extra pillowcases are expensive though. Matching duvet covers are available.

And, FWIW, LLBean has my favorite flannel sheets--the Ultrasoft Comfort Flannel Sheet Set:
https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/86878

Again, they last forever and wear well and there are matching duvet covers.

Sheets that were not worth the money IMO:

Brooklinen's Luxe Hardcore Sheet bundle (these were sateen I think that I was buying for my mom to try out). They won a Good Housekeeping award or something supposedly and had a big online ad campaign at the time.

Well, I unboxed them and thought they looked and felt kind of thin and cheap and terrible. So I tried washing them thinking maybe that would improve things. Instead they still looked and felt crappy, maybe even a bit worse.

I never slept on them nor did my mom. I'm not that fussy but for that kind of money, they should have been decent enough to justify the price. I've slept on much cheaper sheets that looked and felt better.

The only thing good I can say is that Brooklinen honored their moneyback guarantee and I packed the sheets right back up in the box they came in, printed a shipping label they sent me, and returned them for a full refund (they knew I washed them).
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-22, 02:16 PM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

I came to post LLBean as well!
Old 11-16-22, 04:59 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

It used to be that the best deals on sheets and towels were in January. I don't know if that's still the case.
Old 11-16-22, 08:32 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
Perfect timing. I received a brochure/lookbook for Pratesi (Linens) in the mail today. Beautiful selection. I figured I can purchase a set of sheets plus duvet and shams for $5500.

https://pratesi.com/

What I don't understand is why they include such a detailed care guide for their linens? If I pay this much I'm going to use a private linen service to take care of my sheets.

https://pratesi.com/pages/care-guide-bed-linen
Wow! I didn't even know sheets could be so expensive.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-22, 08:40 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Personally, I love bamboo sheets - they are so soft and sleep much cooler than other sheets; at least they feel that way to me and I'm a hot sleeper. They do winkle badly if you leave them in the dryer or the laundry basket and I've heard others say that they don't last as long as other sheets, but that hasn't been my experience.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bedding, off topic, off-topic, sheets