Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-13-22, 05:50 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by annette View Post
My local library has been hosting a monthly yoga/meditation session as one of its adult activities. I've attended three times now and love it. It's nothing advanced or strenuous and there are folks of all fitness levels there. I love it because it gives me an opportunity to get through some quiet time without a cat walking all over me or the dogs barking at the Amazon delivery truck!
Our library offers the same. So glad you enjoy it!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-22, 11:54 AM  
hypnomoon

Quote:
I've offered free classes in the past. My local library doesn't have a budget for paying me.
I go to our library for weekly gentle yoga. My teacher is the gentlest soul. It's $10 per class. She offers the first class for free to see if it's a good fit. Our library doesn't charge for reserving a room.
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-22, 04:49 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
That's wonderful news. I work at two libraries, and I am going to suggest this. We do offer Chair Yoga once a week, but I think the meditation is a great idea. Please let your library know your thoughts. Libraries rely on statistics and feedback (both good and bad) in regard to programs to determine what the patrons like and don't like. If a program is a success, they want to continue to offer it. If it's not, they don't want to spend the taxpayer's money on programs where there is no interest.
A friend and I have already expressed our interest in the program continuing. Right now it's only scheduled through December. Fingers crossed they keep it going.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
library, meditation, yoga