Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-22, 10:56 AM  
killoffsonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
I can't remember where I left off on Doc Martin so I may have to go back and binge on old ones 'til I figure out what I've seen and haven't seen.

I tried to watch Guilt, but the Scottish accents were just too hard for me to follow and I gave up. I also got confused by the plot line.

Apologies to anyone from Scotland who visits this site.
I finished season 6. Can't find any place to watch it without subscribing to another stream service and I'm not going to do that so I will have to wait.
Old 11-05-22, 11:11 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
I have found that subtitles or closed captioning is very distracting to me. I'm reading the words and not watching the action. Guilt might be a good one to try it though as there aren't a ton of "action" scenes a la Fast and Furious. Oh, and my DH recognized the actress who played Mrs. Hughes in Downton Abbey for those who watched that show. She has a pretty major role in Guilt 2.
I have a hearing loss, so I need CC. I found that you don't notice it over time, and develop the ability to do both. In fact, when I remember watching a show, I don't remember watching the cc, but that I just listened to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
For instance, we have Netflix and share it with my uncle who has Amazon Prime, so he uses our Netflix and we use his Prime streaming. This is allowed up to a certain amount of "screens" and we all have our own profiles on each service. He also benefits when we get a cheap promo for hulu, acorntv, showtime, etc. because we share whatever service we get with him.
We share with our daughter and her roommate. We all have Prime, Netflix, Hulu and Peacock. I pay for Acorn on my own.
Old 11-05-22, 01:19 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

So, Ozark is a fail for me after a few episodes. Too depressing and pretty much all the characters are annoying. I may have to try it again in the future.

I started Blockbuster. So far, it's your basic cute sit-com.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-22, 04:31 PM  
Diana3271

For a few months now DH and I have been working our way through Heartland. We absolutely love it.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-22, 06:26 PM  
Venus

I just finished watching The Gilded Age.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-22, 02:05 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I've been browsing the Netflix catalog and feel like a kid in a candy store! There are dozens of TV and movie choices in all categories that I want to watch.

I felt overwhelmed until I saw a familiar face - Liam Neeson! So, I'm watching some of his movies. I love me some Liam!

I have to confess to a recent YouTube "Guilty Pleasure" binge. Hairdresser Brad Mondo has videos where he reacts to people's home haircolor and cutting disaster (and triumph) videos. I've mostly ever done my own color at home. I've had a few minor mishaps, but never had all my hair fall out!

He is so very snarky and judgemental. It cracks me up!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 11-06-22, 06:39 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
So, Ozark is a fail for me after a few episodes. Too depressing and pretty much all the characters are annoying. I may have to try it again in the future.

I started Blockbuster. So far, it's your basic cute sit-com.
I have to confess that I also fell off of Ozark for that reason. I can't remember how far in I got -- not very, I don't think. It got such great feedback, but I just couldn't.
Old 11-07-22, 12:40 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I started Stranger Things and I love it. Being a horror/sci-fi fan, it is right up my alley. I love the soundtrack and the music choices as well.

I hadn't read anything about it, so it is all a surprise.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 11-07-22, 12:50 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
I started Stranger Things and I love it. Being a horror/sci-fi fan, it is right up my alley. I love the soundtrack and the music choices as well.

My brother gave me the first two seasons on DVD and I love it too but when I checked Amazon for season three a while back they only had it packaged with the first two seasons and not separate.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-22, 06:24 PM  
Sissy B

Quote:

I finally watched it this summer. I love it. I really like the characters and the music is great. I downloaded the soundtracks on iTunes and put them on a playlist and listen to them on shuffle.

Cobra Kai is another favorite.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon prime, binge watch, binge-watching, favorite tv shows, netflix, off topic, off-topic