Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-03-22, 06:08 PM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
We don't have any streaming services, just the cable. Hubby has talked (often) about dropping cable and just going with streaming. I told him there is no chance of that unless I can still watch my live baseball every day! That is one thing I WILL NOT give up!! I record all my shows and a lot of movies on the DVR so I don't have to be a slave to the TV schedule except for baseball!
We also don’t subscribe to streaming year-round, because we keep cable for all the sports.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-22, 06:33 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

We were out of town recently, so we are majorly catching up on the start to the new TV season. The show that I wish I could binge, but I can't because only one episode comes out at a time, is Alaska Daily. It is CRAZY GOOD. Hillary Swank is always good and this show is no exception.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-22, 06:48 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
We were out of town recently, so we are majorly catching up on the start to the new TV season. The show that I wish I could binge, but I can't because only one episode comes out at a time, is Alaska Daily. It is CRAZY GOOD. Hillary Swank is always good and this show is no exception.
I just saw a commercial.for that. I need to check that out.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-22, 08:15 PM  
Sollamyn

I've been binge watching Doc Martin so I would be ready for Season 10, which I had originally heard would begin this winter. However, I just found out yesterday that Acorn already started running episodes (started in October).

Donna
Old 11-03-22, 08:19 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I just finished From Scratch on Netflix. Yes, it seems like a never-ending Hallmark movie and I almost gave up after 3 episodes, but then I got hooked and couldn't stop.

Devil in Ohio is good, as is Uncoupled. I can't wait for Dead to Me to come back either!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-22, 08:34 PM  
bubbles76

If From Scratch seems like a never ending Hallmark movie I may watch it . I generally only like Hallmark Christmas movies, but I may branch out.

Oh, and the only reason we have Netflix and Hulu is for Big Bubble. I just started watching when I got my new job. I wish he'd drop the cable, but he just won't.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-22, 12:04 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I can't remember where I left off on Doc Martin so I may have to go back and binge on old ones 'til I figure out what I've seen and haven't seen.

I tried to watch Guilt, but the Scottish accents were just too hard for me to follow and I gave up. I also got confused by the plot line.

Apologies to anyone from Scotland who visits this site.
Old 11-04-22, 12:29 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
I can't remember where I left off on Doc Martin so I may have to go back and binge on old ones 'til I figure out what I've seen and haven't seen.

I tried to watch Guilt, but the Scottish accents were just too hard for me to follow and I gave up. I also got confused by the plot line.

Apologies to anyone from Scotland who visits this site.
Jane, have tried watching with subtitles? I need them for Scottish accents sometimes.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-22, 12:41 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
I just watched the first Season of Doc Martin (free this month) on Amazon Prime. I really enjoyed it, but the others I would have to pay for with another streaming service, which I don't have. Wish it was available on Netflix.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-22, 12:46 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Easy Bake Battle is a new cooking series on Netflix. I watched the first 8 episodes and like that the recipes are easy to do, for those that aren't great cooks (like me!) Lots of good tips/hacks to make cooking easy when you're short on time or too tired to cook.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon prime, binge watch, binge-watching, favorite tv shows, netflix, off topic, off-topic