Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-20-22, 07:26 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti S. View Post

Lol! Thanks for the flashback! They put a tape measure in Every Single release, didn’t they!?!?
Yep!
But hey, they can finally retire the three legged donkey delivery service!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-22, 11:25 AM  
Leela
VF Supporter

I LOVE openfit - so will renew BOD only in a month when my year with BOD and BODI exp

I never use the BODI content, and I love love love openfit. So I'll get a great year at 119.00 and then next year think about whether I want to renew.

I've cancelled many things or won't renew:
1) decided against MOSSSA after my trial because analysts paralysis
2) Cathe - I adore her, but I have so many DVDS and don't ever use the on demand stuff because of all the other things I have that stream
3) Supernatural VR - fun, but it's shadow boxing, etc - not worth the price- but I did have fun with it, and might on occasion buy a month.
4) Streetparking - great content I Neve rused and since I like BBOD openfit workouts, no point.

5) The db method - no point in the app if I can just use the older content on YouTube.

I'll keep:
1) Pvolve- because I bought the equipment,but I have to actually use it or else! LOL
2) BOD
3) Might sign up for Megan rump the sculpt society if she has a good Black Friday price.
4) Asana yoga.As an iyengar, my family visiting India always exposed me to elder relatives with power and flexibility due to them being yogis. I NEED to do yoga - turn 57 this year and need to stop being an idiot about daily flexibility. So asana, some YouTube Indian people that I like, and I'll also start doing ravi /ana a few times a a week.

I'm an empty nester these last few years, work from home as well, since 2019 when I switched jobs away from Bose, and have all the equipment I need, so there's no excuse at all not to workout and use the services I want to keep.
Leela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-22, 01:08 PM  
pharma_gal

Is there a way to see BODI contents before signing up?
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-22, 07:22 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
Is there a way to see BODI contents before signing up?
You have to have a Beachbody On Demand subscription and BODi is an additional charge (or you can subscribe for both as a package deal). I don’t think there’s a way to see all the contents without subscribing. But here’s a You Tube with explanations and pictures:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1XC3aQKVXPY

Here’s a sample BODi workout with Autumn:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7UVnE6AM3LA&t=734s

Here’s a link to a 24 hour Pass so you can try a few for $7:

https://www.teambeachbody.com/shop/u...gRepId=1137576

Hope that helps.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-22, 07:02 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
There are WAAAAAYYYY to many great programs on YouTube for free, or if you want, pay a few dollars a month for their Patreon, for me to shell out this amount of money for this.
I agree.
Old 10-31-22, 09:53 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
I agree.
I agree, there is some great You Tube instructors! I’ve done a couple of rounds of Caroline Girvan's Iron program and most of a few of Heather Robertson’s programs. They are my favorite YT workouts so far.

I love variety but seem to come back to favorites like Cathe and BOD.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 11-13-22, 10:37 PM  
Jeanette

I really wish they would give the option to go month to month. I want to go back and do Barre Blend, and I want to try the Andrea Rogers barre workouts.... but I definitely don't want to pay for a whole year at a time. I think they have a 3 month plan but it's not much less than the yearly! I know the live workouts are all the rage right now but this feature isn't important to me. I have all of my old favs on dvd (Yoga Booty Ballet, Slim in 6, PIYO) so I'm good.
Jeanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-22, 08:45 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
I agree, there is some great You Tube instructors! I’ve done a couple of rounds of Caroline Girvan's Iron program and most of a few of Heather Robertson’s programs. They are my favorite YT workouts so far.

I love variety but seem to come back to favorites like Cathe and BOD.
I did a couple of programs with BOD but just don't love them enough to continue a membership. I also go back to Cathe quite a bit. I guess I'm sort of anti-BOD marketing or the way they go about making money. I'm currently mixing up youtube workouts with Cathe's STS Phase 2. I just did a big Cathe equipment purchase and got 30% off. I'm loving the big round mat. But I digress...this thread is about BOD.
Old 11-14-22, 08:47 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanette View Post
I really wish they would give the option to go month to month. I want to go back and do Barre Blend, and I want to try the Andrea Rogers barre workouts.... but I definitely don't want to pay for a whole year at a time. I think they have a 3 month plan but it's not much less than the yearly! I know the live workouts are all the rage right now but this feature isn't important to me. I have all of my old favs on dvd (Yoga Booty Ballet, Slim in 6, PIYO) so I'm good.
I find so many of BOD's workouts to be on the "cheesy" side for me. I used to pay month to month if there was a program I wanted to work through. But with this new set up, they won't see my money anymore, ever.
Old 11-15-22, 11:27 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
I did a couple of programs with BOD but just don't love them enough to continue a membership. I also go back to Cathe quite a bit. I guess I'm sort of anti-BOD marketing or the way they go about making money. I'm currently mixing up youtube workouts with Cathe's STS Phase 2. I just did a big Cathe equipment purchase and got 30% off. I'm loving the big round mat. But I digress...this thread is about BOD.
Angela, nice! Enjoy your new equipment! I wish I had room for the big round mat.

But I did buy a new Proform 9000 treadmill. It has a 22” screen to view iFit programs. It’s a nice change from my 11 year old treadmill with a 10” screen (which will be End of Life for iFit in April ‘23) but still runs like a champ. Hoping the new one is as durable.

I get it, not really a fan of the BOD business model either.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k

Tags
bbod, beachbody, beachbody on demand, bodi, mlm