Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-17-22, 01:55 PM  
momofcha
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Illinois
Beachbody changing name

Have you all heard that Beachbody is changing their name in March 2023 to just “bodi”? They’re doing away with the regular Beachbody on demand, you have to upgrade to bodi. They’re also focusing on healthy self esteem and recovery. I like their shift in focus, but not at a price to me. I believe bodi is going to be $179/year. From what I can find, they will be releasing “blocks” at the first Monday of each month. There’s 4 different blocks - beginner, bike, advanced and “super”. Super is going to cost you an additional $29/month - unless you have a supplement subscription ie shakeology subscription. Not sure if energize counts.

The blocks are considered mini programs and will be 5 days/week with the last week geared toward recovery. I know Autumn is releasing “Healthy Obsession” in Nov and this one will be free (if you have bodi) but going forward it will be the additional $29. The blocks are built on the concept of Block Periodization.

The super blocks are from the super trainers and appear to be existing programs remade - T25, 21DF, Lift4, etc

Bodi will also have a new section of personal development and mindset coaching - led by Petra Kolber.
__________________
Sue


"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-22, 02:08 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: USA
New way to generate revenue, I guess. Ugh. Now that everything is digital, you never “own” the program....you just have to keep subscribing to access it!

I didn’t mind the early access price for a whole new program but I won’t pay an extra $29 a month (on top of the $179 per year price) for 4 weeks of content.

I’m not interested in Shakeology either. I can’t take supplements with a medication I’m on for life.
__________________
Completed Races:
(4) 50 milers
(2) 42 milers
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-22, 02:11 PM  
momofcha
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
New way to generate revenue, I guess. Ugh. Now that everything is digital, you never “own” the program....you just have to keep subscribing to access it!

I didn’t mind the early access price for a whole new program but I won’t pay an extra $29 a month (on top of the $179 per year price) for 4 weeks of content.

I’m not interested in Shakeology either. I can’t take supplements with a medication I’m on for life.
Exactly! I don’t know if the “super blocks” will eventually be included like after the current early access of today.
__________________
Sue


"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-22, 02:22 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
Exactly! I don’t know if the “super blocks” will eventually be included like after the current early access of today.
I hope they’re added later like early access is now! I like BODi programming but hope it doesn’t replace normal full program releases in the future. I don’t like all this change, I’m getting too old for this stuff, lol.

Also, the “Zoom” windows of all the participants is distracting on BODi. I realize they want you to get the “class” vibe but it’s too much to watch when you’re trying to concentrate on the workout.
__________________
Completed Races:
(4) 50 milers
(2) 42 milers
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-22, 02:31 PM  
star117
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Virginia
I read that the blocks will be added later.
Programs will be released less frequently.
I also do not like the bodcast windows.
I'm a bit disappointed that Petra hitched to that wagon. But maybe she'll be helpful in changing their image.
I think Bodi is a ridiculous name.
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-22, 05:01 PM  
momofcha
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by star117 View Post
I read that the blocks will be added later.
Programs will be released less frequently.
I also do not like the bodcast windows.
I'm a bit disappointed that Petra hitched to that wagon. But maybe she'll be helpful in changing their image.
I think Bodi is a ridiculous name.
I thought there is a new program the first Monday of each month? They’re called blocks. Granted they’re only 3 week programs
__________________
Sue


"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-22, 07:55 PM  
rhbrand
VF Supporter
 
rhbrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Iowa
There are WAAAAAYYYY to many great programs on YouTube for free, or if you want, pay a few dollars a month for their Patreon, for me to shell out this amount of money for this.
__________________
Check out my Blog Link in Profile on Home Page
rhbrand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-22, 08:29 PM  
star117
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I thought there is a new program the first Monday of each month? They’re called blocks. Granted they’re only 3 week programs
Yes, I meant the super blocks that are $29 will be added later to the library
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-22, 10:26 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter
 
Pat58's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Connecticut
That - is - so - stupid.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-22, 01:53 PM  
momofcha
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by star117 View Post
Yes, I meant the super blocks that are $29 will be added later to the library
I meant how you said the programs are released less frequent? If they are released the first of the month that’s a new program monthly?
__________________
Sue


"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bbod, beachbody, beachbody on demand, bodi, mlm

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2009 Video Fitness