Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-02-22, 04:02 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA 2.4 day 5 + dc 1.2

ebianco - hi step up never agreed with my knees. I struggle with fitprime workouts for that reason. I like them overall but usually don't even step up on a low step. I love 4 limbed aerobics however and firms are the very best at that.

hi buzzer hope you're doing okay!
eventmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-22, 11:49 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Today I revisited Firm Tortoise which I used to do every single Saturday for months a couple of years ago, before I moved on to Cathe and then eventually to Caroline. It was just as wonderful as I remembered! I love just every single segment and I feel really worked out and sweaty at the end, yet rejuvenated. I didn't go overly heavy on weights because I m starting back up heavy lifting next week, but still enough to get in a great workout.

My rib feels at 99% so tomorrow I want to do a Pure Barre since it will be my last time in a while before Iron starts.

Eventmom My knees do okay with tall steps, its just Firm's (specifically Pink Firms) constantly twisting side to side and twerking my knees that bother me. It's fun and they're trying to keep it interesting and fresh but my knees just hate it. That is one thing I realize I appreciate about the heavy weight lifting, my knees were feeling amazing even after the HIIT day one day a week, because I wasn't doing any of that twisty stuff. Actually after three weeks I am missing it now! So it will be great to start up again.

Buzzer waves!
Old 12-03-22, 03:50 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA 2.4 day 5 (so yesterday I was really day 4) + 25 min Gina B power walk

ebianco - I never owned firm tortoise (or hare). It's great that your knees are okay with the tall step, but I get that the twisting is not great. enjoy pure barre!

hi buzzer hope you're doing okay - it's so crazy this time of year.
Old 12-04-22, 12:21 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi all,

I am finishing my workout week today with Pure Barre Sculpted Abs #2 the warm up through the tough ab bonus (before the regular abs which I skipped then I did my own stretch). I warmed up with Simone de la Rue rebounder for her warm up/first cardio (14 minutes) for an overall 58 minute workout. On the plus side, my rib felt totally fine! The only move that caused a hint of pain in my rib was full roll-ups so I skipped those. The bad news is that wow it was soooo hard for me today. My endurance for barre has gone down tremendously! I guess that's bound to happen when it's not what i'm focused on right now. I don't think I noticed during the 30 minute Flex workout I did a couple weeks ago, because all the sets are so short, but I was feeling it today, especially in the seat work. I just kept cramping so had to keep my leg a little lower (in standing pretzel) but I was burning and shaking in all the sets really.

Anyway, it's Iron next week and hopefully I like it. I worry I won't like it as much as I liked the Epic series because it's a little more basic, every workout is 60 seconds on/30 seconds off with a lot of the same exercises. But I'm sure Caroline will still make it interesting. Iron is REALLY well liked from people that have done all her series so I'm sure it will be great. If not, at least I've done it and will move on!

Eventmom For some reason I never really got into Hare although I like the compilation workouts with all the mat work that Hare has, and some of the ballroom sections from Hare that show up in the Ballroom Aerobics compilation.

As I was doing Simone's rebounder workout today I was thinking of TA because she's kind of a spin off of TA. At some point in time I'd like to revisit TA too, her workouts are fantastic.

Buzzer Waves and I hope you're doing okay!
Old 12-05-22, 11:20 AM  
Buzzer

Hip Hugger Abs... DONE!
Hip Hugger Abs... DONE!

HA! I did it twice. Yesterday, and it was nearly impossible. I was floundering and barely moving. I don't know if I even pulled in my abs.

Today, at Great Wolf, I did it again. 30 minutes, so a good amount of time for a workout. I did much better! I still had trouble, but did more than yesterday and could pull in my abs. It's amazing how out of barre shape I am!!! I can lift like crazy, but this barre stuff is not working for me at all! HHA moves slow, and she is crazy preschool teacher annoying, however it is perfect for me right now. I still have a lingering sinus/goober/cough, so this workout gets me back into working out. We are here until Friday without DH, he might visit one day and we will go to the mining museum and hang out with him. Otherwise, it's me and LB. DH let me know GWL isn't his thing, and North Pole (where we are going today) isn't his thing. Since he has to work and do school, he stayed home. Also, that way we don't have to board the dogs again!

I am getting back into it. I brought my "barres" little memory stick thingie, and have all the Lotte berk methods on them, as well as P57 and a million other things. Oh, and classical stretches! HA! I could workout for months on my barre stick thingie.

Ebianco: I am glad your rib is feeling better. I was reading back and thought about how someone could help a friend move and be OK, but when they bend over to pick up a pencil off the floor, they throw out their back. that's what your injury reminded me of! I love tortoise and hare. Eventmom: I know they are impossible to get anymore, however those two workouts are great! Not too tough, but great!

I do remember that I did barre once exclusively, and really focused on my form. I tightened up so much! My shorts were loose! However, my joints hurt like I was 90 years old. I decided that although it was nice to look good, I didn't feel good. Now I've decided if I can maybe do half of that... loose some weight or tighten up, and meet halfway with the joints, it might be worth it? I don't know. I do know it's been too long since I did barre apparently!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-22, 03:46 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - had to take a sleeping pill late so just did a 30 min jacquelyn workout that has some cardio and sculpt
today - 40 min essentrics

wore up with a migraine. took a med which didn't help my headache but made me a bit out it.

ebianco - I'm pretty sure Simone worked for TA so yeah I'm sure it's got that vibe. she's got a 14 day challenge I never managed to do but thought looked good!

buzzer - you're back! sorry dh isn't hanging with your two but not having to board the dogs sounds great. that memory stick sounds like magic, I'd probably loose it.
Old 12-07-22, 12:10 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi all,

I started Caroline's 6-week Iron series today. Today was day 1, leg workout (the one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCxN...mo5EQ0zmkxymJ2). It was pretty slow and basic but I still liked it. I worry Iron is going to be too boring for me LOL. But on the plus side, I don't doubt the back to basics weight lifting will help me grow stronger and increase weights. Also, the 60 second intervals today at least didn't feel overly long. Hopefully that will continue to be the case! With my own warm up and stretch it was a 45 minute workout.

Edited for Thursday: Today was day 2, chest/back/shoulders (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tczV...kxymJ2&index=3) and I was really feeling the burnout today. I have no doubt my upper body will have crazy DOMS tomorrow. Also, not a single peep from my rib! I also have some DOMS from yesterday's leg workout especially in my inner thighs. The pacing was still slow today but I kind of got into a zen and enjoyed it a little more than yesterday I think.

Tomorrow is glutes, Saturday is total body, and Sunday will be biceps/tricep/core and if I'm feeling ambitious I'd like to add a short HIIT to Sunday. We'll see!

Tomorrow will be the real test on whether my rib is 100% (but it hasn't bothered me lately so I think it is) because it's upper body lifting. So crossing my fingers.

Eventmom Sorry to hear you are suffering with yet another migraine!

That doesn't surprise me about Simone. She definitely has a similar vibe. I do love that Simone is so smiley and encouraging.

Buzzer Welcome back! It is funny that you mentioned doing a Lotte Berk workout because I'm reading this book that was being talked about in the GD thread (this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/059318842X...roduct_details) and each chapter is kind of the history of a different exercise genre and the women that shaped it. There was a barre chapter then running and now we've moved on to jazzercise. Anyway the barre chapter was heavily focused on Lotte Berk who is seen as really the original designer of barre workouts, going back to France in the 1960s-70s. For her it was about women empowerment as it relates to, ah, bedroom activities and one of her famous quotes is "if you can't tuck, you can't f(rhymes with tuck)" And I think I'll be thinking of that now whenever I do a barre workout LOL. The book talked about how much barre has morphed into something else now and has nothing to do with the original intention of bedroom activities. It's become so much more athletic and mainstream and she mentioned Pure Barre, The Bar Method, etc. as all these offsprings of original barre. It's a really interesting book!!

I agree with you about the struggle to find an exercise that really delivers results vs. how hard it is on your body. I ended up giving up running 100% because my knees just hated it. Thankfully barre and the weight lifting I'm doing are nice enough to my knees but I think my knees may complain if I went back to doing barre 100%. Back when I was only doing barre, my body control was so good too! Even easier barre workouts could be made really hard because my movements were so precise. My knees hurt but I was running then too so it's hard to say how much the barre contributed.
Old 12-08-22, 12:56 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

tuesday - TA 2.4 day 6 no time for cardio
yesterday - TA 2.4 day 7 + dc 1.2
today - TA 2.4 day 8 + star trainer hi/lo cardio by Kendall Hogan

old school cardio but Kendall is great.

ebianco - that book looks great - I need to get it. I like Simone's personality but never clicked with any of the workouts I found on line. Hope you are still enjoying Iron

Hi buzzer - weird that barre hurt your joints, I think of it as joint friendly - no jumping!
Old 12-08-22, 03:30 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

before I send these to share the wealth do either of you want:

kelly coffey meyer - circuit burn
fit in 5 ultimate body blitz
shape cardio bikini body all year round
Old 12-08-22, 08:21 PM  
Buzzer

P57 beginner workout (30 minutes)... DONE!
A barre3 no equipment workout... DONE! all except the last 8 minutes.
P57 Abs only... 12 minutes... DONE!

The barre3 had no abs except standing abs, and them working while I did other things. Plus, it was heavy on legs and since I am still at great wolf, there are slides here with a million steps (I think I counted in the 50's for one slide once!) so I didn't want to work my legs that much. So I ended it and did more abs. I am noticing an immediate difference in my abs though... I don't know if it's because I am constantly in a swim suit so I am holding them in, or if it's because of the barre, but they look better! I think it's the barre because I can't hold them in that well that long on purpose.

I have been in the water some, however not down too many slides. LB had one of her BFF's here until today (Sunday through today!) so they hung out. Another of her BFF's family showed up yesterday, so we all went out to dinner last night. It was a blast! The kids had their own table and were so polite and good. I was proud of them. Today BFF #1 left, and she had another friend show up and apparently most of their CC friends showed up! I was seeing people in the water room who where saying "hi" and thanking me for arranging this "trip". All I did was tell some people and tell them when we would be here. Apparently I arranged a trip! HA!

It's been a blast though. LB was at the water park from 1030 this morning to 6pm. She's beat!

I am finally feeling relaxed and not anxious whenever I am not with LB, and our vacation is almost over

Ebianco: that is so funny you told me that little history about Barre!! I was going to recommend it to one of my friends here, however the 'air humping' they do I don't think she would be in to. I was just thinking today how I wouldn't want to do a barre class because I would be too embarrassed to do the moves in a class with other people! At home I'm fine. With a class of strangers? Nope. I guess my thinking was kinda on the right track! HA! So interesting though. I do hope it gives me at least some results.

Eventmom: I think I was probably overdoing the moves because I could. I probably should have backed off and not stressed so hard to get into the positions they wanted me to get into. I saw results though! It perhaps stressed my ligaments too much I think. I am older and hopefully wiser, and will modify to have it fit me. I used to have to do everything the instructor did, and I think, like all exercise would, that hurt me. I don't know. I do know it has some good moves in it and I should do it more, especially now that it is getting easier the more I do it!

So tomorrow is our last GWL day. I'm kinda happy. It's been a great trip, however it's time to go. So much fun though! We will definitely do this again with friends!!!! Everyone keeps saying to let them know and they will go with us! So awesome. So tiring!!!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitprime just right